gainward 3060ti gpu good or trash?

bate1

is gainward any good? 

ive been looking for a 3060ti its sold out everywhere in my country..

its finally in stock but its built by gain ward (ghost edition) anyone heard of them and can tell me weather or not i should buy it?

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=1103&lang=en

I believe Palit is also Gainward, and both are known brands.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

That card looks identical to the PNY Revel Epic-X model: https://www.pny.com/geforce-rtx-3060-ti-8gb-xlr8-gaming-revel-epic-x-rgb-df

Anyway Gainward is a an established brand, you don't hear about them a lot in English-speaking tech enthusiast circles because they don't sell in North America and most of the big tech YouTubers and review sites are based in the US or Canada. I wouldn't expect any impressive overclocking ability out of it but it ought to perform about like any other 3060 ti out of the box. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

PNY, Palit and Gainward are what i would call Lower Tier graphic card manufacturers (with gainward imho being upper lower tier, aka the best out of those three), performance wise there's little to no significant differences. That said, quality control, quality of life (for example fan noise) and overall the components quality of their products leaves a bit to be desired, still for at least the warranty period, it should be fine generally speaking. Not saying its going to break after that just that you should at least be able to get at least around 3 years out of it.

Generally i think this manufacturers are great for people who update their PC specs often and don't thinker a lot with the hardware.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Trash. 

Bad cooling, bad overclocking potential, cheaply built... bad warranty (alledgely) 

Idk apparently people here like them because they made a half decent 900er card ages ago or something... (wake up people, it's typical bait and switch, same as drug dealers do... they'll always give you the good stuff first and then never again... *I HAVE BEEN TOLD*) 

No, seriously, they're trash tier. (still maybe better than nothing admittedly) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Trash. 

Bad cooling, bad overclocking potential, cheaply built... bad warranty (alledgely) 

Idk apparently people here like them because they made a half decent 900er card ages ago or something... (wake up people, it's typical bait and switch, same as drug dealers do... they'll always give you the good stuff first and then never again... *I HAVE BEEN TOLD*) 

No, seriously, they're trash tier. (still maybe better than nothing admittedly) 

They also made some decent cheap offerings for RTX 2060 actually, the cooling was passable the only drawbacks was the lack of a backplate and that while some fan throttle was present they spin non-stop while the RPM range was pretty small. At that time the lowered price made it way of a better buy then some lower tier gigabyte RTX2060/2070 offerings which where about at the same level of quality but pricier due to the gigabyte brand.

20 minutes ago, Seyrren said:

They also made some decent cheap offerings for RTX 2060 actually, the cooling was passable the only drawbacks was the lack of a backplate and that while some fan throttle was present they spin non-stop while the RPM range was pretty small. At that time the lowered price made it way of a better buy then some lower tier gigabyte RTX2060/2070 offerings which where about at the same level of quality but pricier due to the gigabyte brand.

Thats also my issue with these low tier / cheap brands at the moment ... they're currently being sold for as much or more than the top tier cards... 

like, don't get me wrong, if these cards are 100-200 bucks cheaper than the top cards (which they used to be) it's probably worth considering (tho you'll still have less than ideal cooling and no backplates  possibly etc...) but when they're sold for as much as a FTW3 ultra than it's just a big nope (imo) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Thats also my issue with these low tier / cheap brands at the moment ... they're currently being sold for as much or more than the top tier cards... 

like, don't get me wrong, if these cards are 100-200 bucks cheaper than the top cards (which they used to be) it's probably worth considering (tho you'll still have less than ideal cooling and no backplates  possibly etc...) but when they're sold for as much as a FTW3 ultra than it's just a big nope (imo) 

Well i do agree with this for the most part but that's if you can wait, if you really don't have much of an alternative and can afford to splurge they can be life savers since most people stay away from them, but again that shouldn't be a habit just a last minute resort if there's no other choice.

• 8 months later...

Here is some "long term experience". Initially I used an MSI Gaming X 1660 Super card which has brilliant cooling. Not only cooled really well, but it was super quiet too. The GPU simply felt quality in every way. This year (before the Scalper, Mining, etc. sh#tstorm) I could get a Gainward Phantom RTX 3070. Without afterburner I don't recommend to use it. You really need to set fan speed to 40% otherwise you go nuts since it sounds like an Airplane's turbine with automatic settings. The fans are ultra bad quality (had the chance to check some other RTX 3070s) they feel cheap and you could easily bend it. Quite recently I could get my MSI Suprim X 3080. Man. The difference between the two cards is just enormous. In size they are similar, but the Suprim X is as quiet as my previous Gaming X 1660S was. The whole build quality, fan quality, etc are just 2 tier better. I'm aware I'm comparing an apple to pear since I should compare a Suprim X RTX 3070 with that Gainward Phantom RTX 3070, but I'm almost 200% sure the identical MSI GPU is just as superior as the 3080 variant :). 

I only recommend buying any of these less know brands to enthusiasts or who don't mind changing cards that often. From my side it was enough edifying and I'm never going to invest my money into something like this even if it cost $150 cheaper than a known brand. 

38 minutes ago, NeverTheLess said:

Gainward Phantom RTX 3070

I had gtx 970 from this brand back in the days, worst cooling I ever had on the card, the fans didn’t managed to keep the card cool at all. I had to rip the shroud off and install normal 120mm fans.

Well you basically get what you pay for, more you manage to invest the better product you get (in most cases)

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

@Whiro

Naturally, you get what you pay for, but I feel that it's often not emphasized that these "less known brands" are just not creating as quality products as more known brands. Before I purchased that Gainward GPU I was vacilating between the MSI Suprim X RTX 3070 and that Gainward Phantom RTX 3070. Naturally one of the reason I chose the Gainward is the price, since it cost $200 lesser, but I read couple of forum threads as it was available, also I recall watching spanish reviews (which had some comparisons, etc) because by that time no proper English review was available. Unless I missed something it seemed that nobody has encountered any issue and the literal only reason for a Palit / Gainward /XYZ brand cost lesser, because it's less desirable for users since they don't know these brands.  If somebody told me by the time of purchase that you may spend $200 lesser, but you sacrafice quality in eithr way, I wouldn't have bought it. 

But well, we learn from our mistakes :)

Did your modding work out? I know hat some GPUs don't allow anyhow mounting those 120mm fans, etc.