I need A New Mouse and Keyboard for Gaming, Which one you choose?

Go to solution Solved by iCoNrant,
16 hours ago, Exidor said:

Yea I also use the Z mouse so the only thing I truly miss from my setup is an analog button for stuff like acceleration..... Like in casual racing like GTA 5 driving is so much more satisfying using a trigger button.

The Z in theory support analog buttons for the 2 clicks but I do not think it is possible to map GTA 5 and similar game vehicle acceleration to that.

I tried the Steam controller as a middle ground between controller and mouse and keyboard but it is just awkward.

Now flight sims are usually the only games that let you use all those weird and wonderful control schemes. 

I have decided my mouse is Logitech G PRO X Superlight (White)

The keyboard is hard to choose because I want to stick with logitech gear so I don't need to download a bunch of software is just a mess. 

I need more keyboard choice pls. 

Im a Claw Grip User, I played Valorant, Apex Legend, Warzone, and other title but no triple A games. I would love have a Wireless Mice but Wired Mice is OK for me. 

I need a new keyboard, I prefer TKL or 60% White Keyboard but Black is okay only. 

No budget, I can get anything 

What kind of budget do you have?  What type of keyboard switch do you like (linear/tactile/clicky)? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

@iCoNrantWhat's your hand size? Measure from the tip of your index to your palm for length. Then measure from your tip of your thumb to the other side of your hand. These measurements will help me determine what mouse you should get and plus the additional information of your claw grip, I'm sure I can find your dream mouse.  

19 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What kind of budget do you have?  What type of keyboard switch do you like (linear/tactile/clicky)? 

I like Linear Switch, No budget

3 minutes ago, Stygian Zenith said:

@iCoNrantWhat's your hand size? Measure from the tip of your index to your palm for length. Then measure from your tip of your thumb to the other side of your hand. These measurements will help me determine what mouse you should get and plus the additional information of your claw grip, I'm sure I can find your dream mouse.  

19x12cm

1 minute ago, iCoNrant said:

Roccat Vulkan TKL Pro

Roccat Burst Pro or Kone Pure Ultra 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Roccat Vulkan TKL Pro

It seems out of stock right now

39 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Roccat Vulkan TKL Pro

I don't like the low profile switch on the Vulkan TKL Pro, any other options? 

1 hour ago, iCoNrant said:

Since you said no budget. Follow @taehatypes on Twitter to be notified when he is back doing commisions.

Build services is 130 usd for a TKL (you will have to provide all parts beforehand), or you can do a bespoke commision starting at 1800 usd for a one off unique keyboard.

Edited by ProBottler
Punctuations

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

You should check out the gmmk or other barebones and get some gateron yellow with some lube and a nice set of keycaps.  It's not because you have unlimited budget that it needs to be expensive ... Of course you can always go full custom board if you want to ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

1 hour ago, Dr0y said:

You should check out the gmmk or other barebones and get some gateron yellow with some lube and a nice set of keycaps.  It's not because you have unlimited budget that it needs to be expensive ... Of course you can always go full custom board if you want to ...

I personally don't like to do or customise keyboard. I would like you guys recommend some brands tkl or 60% keyboards. 

7 hours ago, iCoNrant said:

I personally don't like to do or customise keyboard. I would like you guys recommend some brands tkl or 60% keyboards. 

They've recommended some brands but you've gotta do some homework too. I made the plunge for a Keychron K8 which seems like a good intro to mechanical. I like logitech mice. I've never had one go out on me and they have a large variety. Don't just expect people to know exactly what you need. Do some homework on your end too if you haven't already.

1 minute ago, azblurbit said:

They've recommended some brands but you've gotta do some homework too. I made the plunge for a Keychron K8 which seems like a good intro to mechanical. I like logitech mice. I've never had one go out on me and they have a large variety. Don't just expect people to know exactly what you need. Do some homework on your end too if you haven't already.

I have been research a lot of keyboards and mice couple months, but I want your guys opinion.

8 hours ago, iCoNrant said:

If you don't have a budget (and therefore just want something really nice), then no, we cannot recommend any regular off the shelf keyboard, for now. The GMMK Pro is up for preorder, the Keebwerk Mega will be available for order soon, the Mode Eighty is available for preorder. Common for these is that they are hot swappable (or have a hot swappable option), they are gasket mount, and come barebones. So it's as simple as adding switches, stabilisers and keycaps. No soldering or anything fancy.

If you like linears, you could check out Tealios and various JWK/Durock linears (e.g. Alpacas, Tangerines).

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If you don't have a budget (and therefore just want something really nice), then no, we cannot recommend any regular off the shelf keyboard, for now. The GMMK Pro is up for preorder, the Keebwerk Mega will be available for order soon, the Mode Eighty is available for preorder. Common for these is that they are hot swappable (or have a hot swappable option), they are gasket mount, and come barebones. So it's as simple as adding switches, stabilisers and keycaps. No soldering or anything fancy.

If you like linears, you could check out Tealios and various JWK/Durock linears (e.g. Alpacas, Tangerines).

I maybe looking forward to that

You can also buy the gmmk complete with switches and keycaps and when you're tired of the switches you have the option to change them for anything you want ... it's as nice as that. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

On 1/12/2021 at 8:04 AM, iCoNrant said:

19x12cm

The Logitech G Pro X Superlight is one of the best options if you can find it in stock. It's wireless, has a really safe shape which works with most grips and it's only 60g which is nice for FPSes. The regular G Pro Wireless is good too, but it has worse stock feet and is heavier than the Superlight. (Although it is still relatively light at 80g or 77g without the bottom plate)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

41 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The Logitech G Pro X Superlight is one of the best options if you can find it in stock. It's wireless, has a really safe shape which works with most grips and it's only 60g which is nice for FPSes. The regular G Pro Wireless is good too, but it has worse stock feet and is heavier than the Superlight. (Although it is still relatively light at 80g or 77g without the bottom plate)

Mmmmm... Superlight might be the move here. 🙂

49 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

Mmmmm... Superlight might be the move here. 🙂

Yeah, it's REALLY good. The only problem is finding one in stock, since it's sold out in most places.

15 minutes ago, Exidor said:

Try something exotic maybe?

https://www.azeron.eu

I got one and I am loving the thing

Let me guess, fortnite? I've seen so many players use it in that game.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, it's REALLY good. The only problem is finding one in stock, since it's sold out in most places.

Let me guess, fortnite? I've seen so many players use it in that game.

Nop....

The eye opening moments were Witcher 3 and Elite and Dangerous 

3 minutes ago, iCoNrant said:

This claw like mouse seem to be a fornite thing 

It is a keyboard.....

Honestly I never played Fornite so maybe?

I mean I am one of those weirdos that owned a Logitech G13 since launch.......

I also abused the G13 in so many ways for things like Photoshop shortcuts macros and etc....

I just love my mouse and also like analog movement.....

13 minutes ago, Exidor said:

Honestly I never played Fornite so maybe?

AFAIK, the azeron is quite popular in the competitive fortnite community because of the analog stick. In Fortnite, keyboard movement is very limited compared to controller. This could be mitigated by using two keys for movement, but epic games removed that so people are trying to find keyboards/keyboard alternatives that support analog input so that they can have controller movement while aiming with a mouse. 

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

AFAIK, the azeron is quite popular in the competitive fortnite community because of the analog stick. In Fortnite, keyboard movement is very limited compared to controller. This could be mitigated by using two keys for movement, but epic games removed that so people are trying to find keyboards/keyboard alternatives that support analog input so that they can have controller movement while aiming with a mouse. 

Man that is such a weird thing to do?

Is this because of consoles? To even the playing field?

But as someone who has been fixated on analog movement since the g13 came out and hates controllers with a passion I can tell you that software support is a pain in the ass. Many games only allow analog movement on a controller preset that disables the mouse......