An idea for AMD

Jake.Ellis1997

How come AMD hasn't yet teamed up with one of there 3rd party board manufacturers like ASUS to create a High End Motherboard with the CPU and GPU already integrated into it, They would be able to work very closely together to also achieve performance gains that traditional ways of CPU, GPU communication may not be capable of. sort of like a APU but not exactly

I'm not saying this has to be a big batch of these. A limited run like some of the already outrageous motherboards that exist, for the people that want the very extreme!!.
And If no benefit is found of course people will still get it just to show that they have it.

4 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

sort of like a APU but not exactly

exactly what then i have no clue whats better than that

yes and no

laptops have to deal with power consumption and thermal issues that normal computers don't even the crazy ones with two power supplies

5 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

How come AMD hasn't yet teamed up with one of there 3rd party board manufacturers like ASUS to create a High End Motherboard with the CPU and GPU already integrated into it, They would be able to work very closely together to also achieve performance gains that traditional ways of CPU, GPU communication may not be capable of. sort of like a APU but not exactly

I'm not saying this has to be a big batch of these. A limited run like some of the already outrageous motherboards that exist, for the people that want the very extreme!!.
And If no benefit is found of course people will still get it just to show that they have it.

Because people like the option to upgrade. 

I do understand that but.

Don't think the budget oriented people would buy this but instead the sort of buyer getting this would just upgrade all his components when the next gen comes along

I'm not entirely sure it'd work the way you think it would, if I get what you're trying to do. You're essentially thinking that it'll work akin to the way consoles do, yes?

Wouldn't games then need to be coded to work with the custom hardware? No game developer is going to do that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

15 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

I do understand that but.

Don't think the budget oriented people would buy this but instead the sort of buyer getting this would just upgrade all his components when the next gen comes along

So basically you want an amd version of the Intel nuc? 

29 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

There are systems like that, but they're on the extreme opposite of what you want. Usually mobos with built in stuff are low end ones with low power consumption to be used as embedded devices. Both AMD and Intel have such offerings.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'm not entirely sure it'd work the way you think it would, if I get what you're trying to do. You're essentially thinking that it'll work akin to the way consoles do, yes?

Wouldn't games then need to be coded to work with the custom hardware? No game developer is going to do that.

Good point it would work like a extremely powerful normal PC but as you say to take advantage software would have to accommodate it. but are they not already doing that with the latest consoles? obviously that's no where near the same i know.

1 minute ago, Blue4130 said:

So basically you want an amd version of the Intel nuc? 

it wouldn't be a tiny small thing I'm on about extreme gaming so latest and most powerful everything.

Like I'm talking about a APU consisting of a RYZEN 9 5900x paired with a RX 6900XT sort of thing. That has a preinstalled watercooled block as motherboard manufacturers have already done in the past.

42 minutes ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

Good point it would work like a extremely powerful normal PC but as you say to take advantage software would have to accommodate it. but are they not already doing that with the latest consoles? obviously that's no where near the same i know.

Yes, but they're different systems. They're not going to code something for hardware a handful of people are going to have. It wouldn't make fiscal sense.

You're essentially wanting them to build non-upgradable hardware to go in a desktop...there's a very small chance of a performance boost, and massive downsides.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

Like I'm talking about a APU consisting of a RYZEN 9 5900x paired with a RX 6900XT sort of thing. That has a preinstalled watercooled block as motherboard manufacturers have already done in the past.

The 3rd party vendors already kinda do that, be it w/o the high end GPU part:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Enterprise/Server-Motherboard/MJ11-EC0-rev-12

It's just not for the extremely small extremer-ist gaming market, but the much more lucrative server side of the web ;)

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

12 hours ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

How come AMD hasn't yet teamed up with one of there 3rd party board manufacturers like ASUS to create a High End Motherboard with the CPU and GPU already integrated into it,

its called laptop

i really cant believe that there is market for 2000+ pc that you cant upgrade... and considering that tech generation picked up speed now about 1-2 years time getting reasonable improvement. i see this idea as horribly anti consumer. even if most people dont upgrade they pc over its lifetime having that option or not for most will be definite factor. you can get with your idea maybe some more compact hi end offerings but hi price and no ability to upgrade will mean low sales and basicaly expensive dead end. consoles manage to be useful for 8-10 years because of hi sofware support and large numbers keeping price low as posible. hi end all integrated pc would be complete oposite.

13 hours ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

They would be able to work very closely together to also achieve performance gains that traditional ways of CPU, GPU communication may not be capable of

There is no reason why plopping the hardware on the mobo would magically allow them to do things that using sockets wouldn't. That's magical thinking, it doesn't work like that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

17 hours ago, Jake.Ellis1997 said:

it wouldn't be a tiny small thing I'm on about extreme gaming so latest and most powerful everything.

that would make no sense at all because it would mean you need a totally customer motherboard with totally custom cooling solutions just so you have a system that can not be upgraded or repaired if something breaks.

it would offer zero benefits while having a ton of disadvantages.