Less performance than a pc a bit worse than mine?

GuttedMan0909

Ok, so recently I played csgo again and i only got an Avg of 98fps with most settings at medium, but a friend of mine gets like 110-130 fps but his build is less powerful than mine. I thought it would've been packet loss but I actually have better internet stability than he does despite him having a higher upL and downL speed than I do. He dc's in games and I almost never dc. So I wonder maybe somehow my performance is getting cut because of something??

When it comes to my radeon software, I followed panjno's settings. 

My build: Ryzen 5 2400g, 2x8gb ddr4 2400mhz, Rx580 8gb, A320m pro vh plus. 

His build: i3 7100, rx570 4g, 1x8gb ddr4 2133mhz, b365 mobo

Any help would be appreciated!

1 minute ago, GuttedMan0909 said:

Ok, so recently I played csgo again and i only got an Avg of 98fps with most settings at medium, but a friend of mine gets like 110-130 fps but his build is less powerful than mine. I thought it would've been packet loss but I actually have better internet stability than he does despite him having a higher upL and downL speed than I do. He dc's in games and I almost never dc. So I wonder maybe somehow my performance is getting cut because of something??

When it comes to my radeon software, I followed panjno's settings. 

Oh, and no nothing is throttling, my avg cpu temps are like 40C-high 60C depending on what I'm doing and my avg gpu temps are 40c-75c depending on what I'm doing again. Oh and no my friend isn't overclocking and we both have the same settings in csgo. (Well mostly the same)

6 minutes ago, GuttedMan0909 said:

It is likely the higher performance on his build is because of the better CPU, in Singlecore at least which is what CSGO relies on, the 2400G is based on 1st Gen Ryzen and it was never impressive at gaming in particular.

Though I would guess that you both should have higher FPS in CSGO, I'm not familiar with the game so I don't know

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

The intel CPU has better single core performance which is probably giving him the slight edge in performance. If you guys played a game where the GPU mattered more than you would see better performance in a game than him, or a game where multi-core performance matters more.

TLDR: Intel has better single core performance which CS:GO prefers.