Look who doesn't hate Apple...

minimalist

You probably don't care as much about overpaying for stuff when you're the CEO of Valve. 

Yeah, not sure on the hate with Apple. I've used and owned several of the products, and overall was very happy. I honestly think for a laptop I would be hard pressed on deciding between the ASUS Zenbook and the Apple Macbook Air as a mobile solution (non gaming). I've had several iPhones, and have always loved them, and honestly thinking of going back.

I will always keep my shrine though. That is one thing that will never change...except maybe Linux if that whole thing ever gets sorted out.

I like Apple too... Just for phones and tablets, maybe a laptop.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I like Apple too... Just for phones and tablets, maybe a laptop.

i like bananas 

Yeah, not sure on the hate with Apple. I've used and owned several of the products, and overall was very happy. I honestly think for a laptop I would be hard pressed on deciding between the ASUS Zenbook and the Apple Macbook Air as a mobile solution (non gaming). I've had several iPhones, and have always loved them, and honestly thinking of going back.

I will always keep my shrine though. That is one thing that will never change...except maybe Linux if that whole thing ever gets sorted out.

my hate for apple came from the ipod I had, oh your trying to watch a video "crash", oh want to play a game "crash", oh want to listen to music "crash". after that I vowed never to use apple ever again

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I don't see how this could be a surprise to anyone seeing as he put steam out on osx before trying to put it out on linux

A whole lot of talk about nothing important in this thread, except maybe one thing:   If they ever make a movie then Robin Williams has to play his part  Complete with dorky 80's comic styling.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You can have a shrine and be an Apple fanboy at the same time. My shrine is only for gaming, though. It's fun to build a rig, and if i have problems with Windows i just wipe the machine. Looking forward to Steam OS though.

It would be the same as having a car to get to work every day (Apple) and having a muscle car in the garage you work on at weekends (Gaming Rig). It actually is a great combination.

I still would NEVER try to do serious work on a windows machine. I trust the rig, but not the OS. At the same time, Gaming under Mac OS still sucks. Games are just not that optimized in OpenGL, and there are a lot of lazy ports. So having both sides separately is a benefit.

One thing though: Apple Laptops are technologically superior to any other brand. No reviewer is arguing about that. Gaming under Windows on an Retina MacBook Pro actually is a great, cool, quiet experience. Expensive yes, very expensive in this case, but you get what you pay for. You are not whining about the prices of a Porsche or a Ferrari, because you know what you get, and you know the experience will be better if you are willing to spend the money. One should not try to bend this logic only because we are talking about Computers.

Edited by Sir_Fudipus
Built a decent, quiet gaming rig / Steam Box equivalent: i5-4670k OC • MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming • 8 GB Corsair 1600 MHz • EVGA GTX 780 OC w / ATX • Fractal Design Define R4, Windowless • Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD • Be Quiet! Dark Tower Pro 10 650w (worth every penny) • Noctua NH-D14 • Corsair K70 (MX Brown) ... but i am an Apple fanboy at heart. Since 1984. 128k, Plus, II, SE, SE/30, LCIII, Performa 630, Quadra 700, PowerBook Duo 230, PowerMac 6100 / 9500, PowerMac G4, PowerBook G4 17", MacBook Pro 17" • All Newtons & iPhones • maxed rMBP 15" which i use for real work.

Is it just me or does the other dude have the longest fingers in the world. Just look at his hand in his pocket. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

Labels out Gabe labels out 

Ah now I have even MORE faith in GabeN - he has taste :)

You don't :D