Help: Fan is not working correctly. Again. (Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC)

Yakibu

So my fans was like this. The left most one was spinning at 100% always, the middle one didn't spin and the third one was running normally. After I took it out and re-attached it, it functioned normally again. Until I discovered that the left most fan sometimes (by sometimes I mean rarely) spinning by it-self and does not stop like the other two. Does this mean the card is damaged anywhere? Should I take it for RMA? What should I tell the support staffs about the card (to avoid the RMA being denied)? Thank you in advance.

The video is the state it was before I re-attached it.

The the 2nd video and the image is the error it encountering now.

Image.jpg

For some reason the error I'm having now is almost impossible to recreate intentionally as the error occurs randomly.

19 minutes ago, Yakibu said:

the left most fan sometimes (by sometimes I mean rarely) spinning by it-self and does not stop like the other two.

Seems like a software bug in the VBIOS,or a design flaw.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I'd call up Gigabyte and ask them about it. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Yakibu said:

This is a video for the error I'm occurring now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uSC0ponNGVE3IKTxQNgvh2mQYQViLWYn/view?usp=sharing

The error occurs most often when the idle temperature of the GPU is around 49-53. At 53C, all 3 fans start running but after that the inner most one continue to spin.

Upload it to youtube and mail it to Gigabyte for RMA.

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'd call up Gigabyte and ask them about it. 

Gigabyte has forums as well.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I dunno if I can RMA it directly to GIGABYTE or not since I'm in Vietnam and the closest warranty service in my country is Thuy Linh International Trade Company...

And the good news is I can finally recreate the problem as my GPU idle temperature is finally at 49-53 after 12 hours of use. I shall return after 12 hours since my roommate is getting quite frustrated about me staying up late for supports.

1 minute ago, Yakibu said:

I dunno if I can RMA it directly to GIGABYTE or not since I'm in Vietnam and the closest warranty service in my country is Thuy Linh International Trade Company...

Just ask them about the issue, or go to their forum as mentioned above by @Vishera

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I posted a thread in the Gigabyte forum US.

The moderator in the Gigabyte forum tell me to have a BIOS flash. What does that mean?

2 hours ago, Yakibu said:

The moderator in the Gigabyte forum tell me to have a BIOS flash. What does that mean?

Graphics cards have a BIOS, much like motherboards. But I'm not sure that's really possible on this card, at least not easily. It's not something I would personally venture into as you can easily make your graphics card completely unusable. 

So I've sent it to RMA. Yet, I highly doubt the possibility of this card can be fix since the error is almost impossible to recreate if it's idle temp doesnt reach 49-53. Probably they will just send it back to me and said it was completely normal. I shall provide situation updates when it return.

Well sh*t. The company responsible for GIGABYTE warranty in my country said that the fan running like that is normal and they are returning it to me tomorrow. Is 1 fan running alone like that is normal???

So the retail store where I bought this from acknowledged that this is an error. But the warranty company does not..

I think it might actually even be normal. Not sure though, but if it doesn't cause any problems what actually is the problem? I think the GPU is just trying to keep itself cool enough but with not all the fans spinning always?

1 minute ago, Stockholmes said:

I think it might actually even be normal. Not sure though, but if it doesn't cause any problems what actually is the problem? I think the GPU is just trying to keep itself cool enough but with not all the fans spinning always?

well, I'm not entirely sure either but all of the 3080 users I know doesn't have any issue like me. And when the temperature is cool enough then the fan must stop right? But here I can't stop the fan, it just keep spinning until I restart the computer.