anyone got some good (linus) Tech Tips for me?

KydenKatFish

pc components really are not that fragile, don’t go whipping CPU’s at your wall, but you’re not gonna break anything by touching gold contacts or tossing a gpu onto your bed or whatever 

I once was cleaning my pc while eating subway, and spilled mustard onto the pcie connector on my gtx 970, I just licked it off, dried it on my sleeve and put it back in the pc, works fine

6 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

what type of tips specifically do you need?

every tip

11 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Read my signature

best one yet

11 minutes ago, KydenKatFish said:

every tip

only tip you need is lttstore.com...

in all seriousness.. need specifics.. every tip is to open and generic

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, lexusgamer05 said:

I'd recommend then that you clean your computer probably every 2 months, I just cleaned mine out using a can of compressed air and my idle temps dropped by around 10-15 degrees

Very situational. If you use filters you only need to clean the filters every month or so, the rest of the cumputer can go for a long time without being cleaned.

2 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

I'd recommend then that you clean your computer probably every 2 months, I just cleaned mine out using a can of compressed air and my idle temps dropped by around 10-15 degrees

Also buy makeup brushes, cheap dollar store makeup brushes are perfect for cleaning dust off of any pcb, gets around all the small components and into heatsinks while being made of very gentle materials

1 hour ago, KydenKatFish said:

please. i need all the tips

Percussive maintenance* works sometimes.

* ie. hitting things

*** Thread locked ***

Welcome to forums. Please read our rules and FAQ first:

Our minimum requirement for posting threads is that it must provide some starting point of discussion. Meaning that you must provide subject, theme question or problem. You haven't done so here. Asking for tech tips without saying why or for what purpose doesn't give anyone idea on what you might actually need.

If you want general help, just watching LinusTechTips and TechQuickie channels will be better than making a thread. Or you can start browsing the various subforums and just reading questions, answers and discussions here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv