The UK/EU Brexit Agreement contains references to Netscape Communicator & Mozilla Mail

Master Disaster
Message added by colonel_mortis,

No politics, please.

4 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I would guess "Finger Prints".

That would make sense actually.

There's a LOT of information in the document about how you should store fingerprints.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 12/30/2020 at 12:56 AM, colonel_mortis said:

Another 4 political posts have been removed. If your post expresses or implies any opinion on whether Brexit is a good idea (regardless of what that opinion is!), it is politics and not tech, and therefore not allowed.

I don't want to lock the topic or hand out warnings, but prior experience has shown that even dipping lightly into politics on this site almost invariably leads to arguments which escalate into flame wars.

This is the final warning.

My deleted post was not intended to be political comment. I made it as I felt many of those commenting on here had little knowledge of what has gone on. Whatever my feelings are on Brexit, I feel all those that have been dropped in the deep end at short notice writing up the current agreement have done their job under very challenging conditions. Without commenting on that, which is hard to do without talking about the political side, the tread becomes a little one sided. As such the whole thread should probably not be in the tech news section as there is very little to discuss otherwise. 

11 hours ago, Distinctly Average said:

My deleted post was not intended to be political comment. I made it as I felt many of those commenting on here had little knowledge of what has gone on. Whatever my feelings are on Brexit, I feel all those that have been dropped in the deep end at short notice writing up the current agreement have done their job under very challenging conditions. Without commenting on that, which is hard to do without talking about the political side, the tread becomes a little one sided. As such the whole thread should probably not be in the tech news section as there is very little to discuss otherwise. 

The reason it was removed was that it was triggering other (removed) political posts to be made.  We want to allow tech discussions where possible, but a topic like this is at very high risk of descending into politics so we end up needing to remove more borderline posts than we would perhaps like to avoid the topic going off the rails and needing to be locked.

HTTP/2 203

A gov telling people to use out of broken encryption protocols is nothing new. This could be very intentional and directly requested by GCHQ but it also could just be lazy copy pasting.