Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

Why do so many people need there cats approval? It's gonna be shit when I do my next build because then I'll need all four cats approval

What are they like? Ones of mines a psycho, another extremly jumpy and the other one like eel. :P

Steve

What are they like? Ones of mines a psycho, another extremly jumpy and the other one like eel. :P

One is a bit "touched" Louie the next cat, Molly is a normal cat (eat sleep poop) the next, Hunter is very playful and wants to get into everything and finally we come to Cashew who is plotting to murder the entire human race I'm sure of it

One is a bit "touched" Louie the next cat, Molly is a normal cat (eat sleep poop) the next, Hunter is very playful and wants to get into everything and finally we come to Cashew who is plotting to murder the entire human race I'm sure of it

Better be wary of Cashew then :P

Steve

Better be wary of Cashew then :P

I sleep with one eye open when that cat is inside

suddenly i understand why i'm happy to be allergic for cats(kinda, atleast no murder plots against me by cats)

ontopic:

that case looks good so far, altough i think that strap might be kinda useless, i doubt your(or whoever's) shoulder can carry it without complaining to much.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

suddenly i understand why i'm happy to be allergic for cats(kinda, atleast no murder plots against me by cats)

ontopic:

that case looks good so far, altough i think that strap might be kinda useless, i doubt your(or whoever's) shoulder can carry it without complaining to much.

The strap is actually quite handy as it helps split the weight between the handles and the sides.  The case with computer isn't overwhelmingly heavy, but it's not light either, so having the option is good.  Plus it can easily be removed anyway.

Small update

Haven't had much time to work on things sadly as it was my birthday yesterday, so took some time to do things with everybody.  I may have also ordered some goodies that should be arriving tomorrow (that hopefully you'll approve of).  I did have a little time to make the 8 pin CPU cable though.  I was very happy to find that the RM650 has a 1:1 pinout for this cable, so it matches the 24 pin perfectly.

All crimped up
kBwBRO.jpg

This is how the cable will sit with the 24 pin
HGcvQu.jpg

And sleeved :D
5RnH11.jpg

Since every part of this cable is on full show, I had to be sure there were no errors
2qTTCy.jpg

And this is how it'll sit.  The lighting is a little off on the sleeve here as it was reflecting the view from the window, it's much warmer in person.
F9K5Zl.jpg

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

I would so like to buy this from you. 

Also, happy birthday.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Guna be amazing, can't wait

Happy bday

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Happy day after birthday, and the cables looks awesome!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Merry day after your birthday!

looking great!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Happy belated birthday!

I like how things are turning out so far.

Those cables...

hngggg

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

holly balls!......that is beautiful.

cant wait till the end product  

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

"sadly... it was my birthday"

LOL 

Happy birthday man!  I'm looking forward to seeing the render become reality!

Well, when you phrase it like that... ;)

Some amazing work going on here man! Can't wait til it's done.

And to think it's being held back by a damned plastic delivery, didn't see that one coming I must admit, usually materials are the easiest bit. Thanks btw!

holly balls!......that is beautiful.

cant wait till the end product

Cheers! I can almost taste the finish line now. Just. Need. To. Get. There.

Thank you everybody for all the birthday messages! Contrary to the post, I did indeed have a great day :D

I'm honoured to have so many people interested and following the topic (263 at time of writing :o ), it makes running a log so much more worth it to be able to have such a quantity of community interaction. Again, thank you everyone!

been following this build for a while. Now i can finaly say that i'm officially subbed :D

This just keeps getting better. The build looks amazing and I can't wait to see it finished . 

Also, Happy 'couple days after your birthday' :D

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

This is absolutely amazing I must say, quick question though: what does it mean that it is "wall mounted"? I know it's a stupid question but I'm confused about that :) Nonetheless this build is phenomenal...

Can I ask where you get your inventor models? I have also been using inventor recently to mock up a custom case I am building, but have been having a hard time finding models of parts, especially ones in such high detail as yours. Did you make them all yourself or find them available somewhere?

been following this build for a while. Now i can finaly say that i'm officially subbed :D

All aboard the hype train! Plenty of seats to go around. :D

This is absolutely amazing I must say, quick question though: what does it mean that it is "wall mounted"? I know it's a stupid question but I'm confused about that :) Nonetheless this build is phenomenal...

Thanks! As was mentioned, the idea is that this can be mounted directly onto a wall, much like you might with a flat screen TV. Since I won't be needing to do that for a while, I'll make the actual wall mount a little later.

Can I ask where you get your inventor models? I have also been using inventor recently to mock up a custom case I am building, but have been having a hard time finding models of parts, especially ones in such high detail as yours. Did you make them all yourself or find them available somewhere?

I actually made them all from scratch basing the measurements off of the actual parts themselves. If you're interested I can pass some of them onto you if you'd like?

And on build related news, I'm fed up with waiting for this ruddy plastic, it should only have taken a couple of days so this is ridiculous. I'm simply going to charge them back and go elsewhere. On a more positive note, I've heard from DPD that I should be receiving a package later today, should be rather exciting ;)