Watch Dogs Lets You Access All of Chicago from the Start; 100 hours of gameplay

Snickerzz
Watch_Dogs players will have free access to all parts of Chicago from the beginning of the game unlike Assassin's Creed of Grand Theft Auto where certain areas are only unlocked later in the game. 

This news emerged earlier today when the game's creative director Jonathan Morin answered a fan on Twitter commenting ''No, Chicago is free of access like a normal city. But you need to work to monitor it all...''

Morin also said that while some events like Potential Crimes ''are endless'' others are not. Over the weekend he also revealed that the average completion time of Watch_Dogs is 35 to 40 with 100 hours needed to do everything the game has to offer. Morin added that extra content has been included in the game during the extended development -Watch_Dogs was originally set for release last November.

game explorers unite!~ 

• explore right from the get go
  • 35-100 hours of gameplay

heck

yes 

:DDD

also a watch dogs video showing the environment engine Middleware (in french sadly, someone wanna translate?)

sauce: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/20911/article/watch-dogs-lets-you-access-all-of-chicago-from-the-start/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

For some reason 100 hours of gameplay doesn't seem all that much to me.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

For some reason 100 hours of gameplay doesn't seem all that much to me.

all the cod games probably dont even equal 100 hours of singleplayer gameplay

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

YES!
Finally a dev that knows it's just annoying to not get access to certain areas in an "Open world game"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Turn on captions and then translate into english. you might have to pause though, she speaks bloody fast

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

My french sucks, so i'll skip on the translation/subbing, but basically it boils down to this:  

"The amount of calculations made justify the 4960X"

My french sucks, so i'll skip on the translation/subbing, but basically it boils down to this:  

"The amount of calculations made justify the 4960X"

Meh, I don't it will require any more juice than AC4 or far cry 3. 

I'm in a senior high school french class, and despite doing french classes at school for 12 years I still have a hard time understanding 3/4 of that video

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'm doubting those hours... But I sorta prefer that progression of areas. I don't like it when things in the same area get unlocked later in the game. I'd rather the whole area get locked until those things are unlocked. Maybe just me.

I think the topic post itself deserves more likes.

This is gonna be the new better GTA...  my opinion!  :D

I'm still praying for some kind of modding support,

It's pushing it by alot however one can dream.

i to dream the same dream it would be so good 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

While I hate having locked areas, I do like to be 'guided' in terms of where I should be, when I get bored I can explore and do side-missions but when I return to the main storyline I like it to progress through the map and not just be everywhere. I guess we'll have to see how it turns out, should be a great game :D

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

too much information about the game, just stfu and let me find out for myself! but i suppose this isnt as bad

im sure there are all those hours, i mean if you can walk up and down every street it WILL take time, wont be FUN time, but the game time will be there :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

ok i've done my best, bare in mind that translating something in a language that is not your own is quite difficult.

well, what she says says is not realy interesting, it's basicly an introduction... exept that the fruit you see in the beginig are free.

after that .

-gray bearded guy "a "midelware", a middleware is an ellement that take care of one specific fonctionality, so you can have physics simulation middleware, environment's physics, special FX, smokes, flames, vegetation... so basicly a middleware is the software that will be usefull in the complete environment of the game engine"

-stupid voice lady " a video game, unlike a real game (insert footage a table football..sight) is an assambly of differents middlware both pyshical and graphical that allow the recreate a entire universe".. I'm sure you're thrill i'm translating that. "for the latest ubisoft production 98% of the middlawares have been developed internaly"

-flappy ears gay "in a game like watch dog we've been developing systems relative to the world that will allow to manage things like light, for exemple the scene can be seen differetly from different time of the day , fast forward to night, ... and it's a middlware system in that it will influence all the steetlights of the entire city. Another simple demo, weather,  as you can maybe see now you got leafes flying around those leafes reacts to a wind-middlware.. i can show you the wind the way that we, devellopers perceives the wind, that will never be seen by the players, here we'll start the rain.. it will start rainin in the world and from now on the surface will react to the rain drops and if we'd had rendered the charachters or the cars they would have addapt theyr behavior.  those system chage radically the range of the possibilities and so the range of the experience that the game provide. .. to do a physics middleware, we will be abble to visualise information that drive the 3D engine and the pysic engine.  wath you can see here are the part that will make collision, those 4 green crosses represent the contacts point of the weels those will obey to physics. at one specific point in time we will be able to determine that the grip/ adherence (?) will be reduce because that point will react to friction on surface.

here you got a soda can that react to the wind. and is animated automaticly by the system, no one told that can you should be animated in that way. those very high-level systems influence the whole game and the whole gaming experience. You will not drive a car the same way when it's sunny than when it rain, the car will drift.. in the same way in the world you'll have characters, AI, that will have behave accodrigly.. when it's raining they will tend to take cover in busstops. they will be influenced by the fact that it's raining and it's night. here it's 23h59, at 23h59; ther will be a few poeple getting out of the theatre, if it was noon, behaviours would have been defferents because the theatre may not have been open..."

gray-bearded guy:  "one of the things about middleware is that you can extract it and re-use it in different games production, and you can repackage it .. it's one of the big stakes(?) of modern days video game production"

This is pretty nice that it allows you to explore everything from start and this would be a pretty large game with 40 hours of gameplay. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer