Intel - "Talk to the Product Manager" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

how do these perform in a raid set up speed wise? also are they optimized for a stable raid array, like the WD reds are? if not how do they compare? also i second the question about the skull, i like it but it is  a bit... unorthodox :P

i get off of work exactly when it starts D: ill miss the beginning, oh well next time maybe

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

it's 2am my time, and 8am class the next day :(

ON SPRING BREAK BITCHES!!!! WHOO-HOO Free to watch the live stream... then again knowing my luck my parents will want to do something... :P

Do you see the cost of Solid State Drives decreasing? What holds me back from buying an SSD is the large cost/GB ratio. Could you give an idea of when we could see prices dropping?

YEAH! It's at 6PM UK time heck yeah @Linus

i know the feeling bro :) when he finally is thinking of us too

i7-4770k, Asus maximus vi hero, Swiftech h220, GTX 780 DCUII, Corsair RM 850w, Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb, WD Black 1Tb, NZXT Hue, Asus DRW-24F1st

Yes it will be 6pm in the uk.

Can we talk about why their SSD's are of higher quality?

Their rigorous testing methods and why they have to charge so much ?

****Actual question*****

Q: Does Intel plan on finally providing higher capacity SSDs? The quality and speed are great, but 480GB is just an insult to PC gamers. My STEAM library alone is over 1TB. While I don't keep everything installed, I also have my Origin library and numerous stand alone games like WoW and Smite. 480GB is not enough. Small capacities have always been the downside when choosing an SSD for gaming. While SSDs don't improve frame rates, they do reduce loading times, which does make a difference. Also, more and more case designs have their aesthetics built around only using SSDs. They get hidden behind the MOBO tray, which allows you to remove the HDD cage(s) for better looks and airflow.

On the topic that everyone else is discussing, stop whining about the time of the stream already. It is 100% impossible for them to pick a time that will make everyone in the world happy. Both Linus, and who ever his guest happens to be for these Q&A's, have businesses to run. Their schedules come first, not yours.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

i will be tuning in for sure. My ocz agility 3 is slower than most ssd. its fine and all but faster is better!

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

2:00 am in the morning...not even phased...not one bit...

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Finally a stream that is at a sensible time for us UK viewers :D Already set a reminder!

HTTP/2 203

sounds like fun and i happen to have the day off. Building a new computer right now already got my 240g 530 series before i knew the 730s where coming so soon 

Im going to sleep now (12:30am) so I can wake up at 6:30-7am-ish to win the SSD!!! I want the skull!!!

First time i`ll be tuning in the live stream when the sun is still up  :rolleyes:

Do Intel have any forecasts of when they see SSDs completely taking over from HDDs for the average home user with moderate storage needs, if at all?

Using Tapatalk

What is his thoughts on price for large capacity SSD's and will the significant drop we have seen in the past few years throughout all sizes continue? How long would he think it would be until we see 1TB SSD's for around the $200 range, or at least affordable for mid range setups?

Would SSDs be cheaper if they made them the same size as HDDs? 

By that I mean 3.5 Inchs, The 2.5 is great but the majority of the time I don't care how big they are

from Edmonton Alberta

I'd be interested to know what type of challenges and limits are you experiencing as you continue to make the technology smaller. How do these limits affect performance, price, etc. and what are some methods you use to address these restrictions and their impacts.

Some questions, they are more general, not about the product, Linus said plenty of good stuff in his review: When do you think SSD's will get to a more accessible price range? Do you think they'll eventually replace HDD's or are they always going to run side by side? (I think the 1st is more likely, like for PCIe or GDDR memories, new standards replace older ones). Also, are we close to the point in time when we will no longer be able to increase the capacity of drives at this rate, in other words, will Moore's Law still be valid in 30-50 years? do you think the rate at which drives' capacity and tech in general has increased in the last years is sustainable or is it just a peak? The 2nd question is more personal: I've always been tech passionate but I chose to study business instead of informatics because it was the "safest" thing to do -my uni gives really good job chances to graduates-, (and I'm starting to regret this choice...) but my aspiration has always been to work in a company that concerns technology (or media). My question is: what is your employment policy and is there space for a business graduate from Italy in a company like yours or do i need do some sort of master in Informatics (/engineering) in order to have better chances? also i'm gonna switch to international business very soon...I think it gives more chances to work abroad. thanks and good work to everyone!