Guys, we have a problem. A sequel to one of the greatest games of all time is coming out this month

Sammael

And there seems like there is ZERO buzz about it.  WTF ?!?!????

Can you guess what game I am talking about?  The last game came out like a decade ago, it was called Age of Wonders 2 (and Shadow Magic).

Think civilization in a fantasy setting (i.e. MORE compelling than any civ could POSSIBLY be because you are not constrained by REALITY).  Summoned units, spells, terrain alterations, etc etc, the skies the limit with that series.

It was deeply engrossing, and now, the sequel is about to be released at the end of THIS MONTH.

How many of you were even aware of it?

Don't lie, speak honestly!  That's right.  NONE of you, none of you knew, you were probably caught in a titanfall loop or something.  

That is why I am here, giving you the gift of knowledge, brightening up your darkened lives.

Now you know.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

One of the greatest games of all time?

Really...?

It might be your favourite,but not ours.

Also,how is this a problem? :o

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Age of Wonders 2... oh boy how much I didn't like that game. AoW3 better be want I want from a game.

lol i never heard of age of wonders hahaha

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

lol i never heard of age of wonders hahaha

I played a few hundreds hours out of the first two and I can easily say I was disappointed.

Age of Wonders 2... oh boy how much I didn't like that game. AoW3 better be want I want from a game.

I have to hear this, what could you possibly not have liked about AoW2 ???

Do you hate all turn based games or something?

You are the odd man out here

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/age-of-wonders-ii-the-wizards-throne

explain yourself, if you just hate turn based games, or are the type of person who prefers games that mirror reality more like soldiers and shooters, then there is nothing for you.  It's like the mass effect series, most people choose the soldier, the most boring uninteresting class there is, screw being a biotic god and crushing enemies with your mind, I'd rather pick up a gun, the same thing I can do in THIS world, and shoot at stuff.  It's like being at a dinner table with delicate salmon, crab, lobster, and seeing the visigoth ignore all of that and grab the beef jerky being fed to the dogs. 

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

explain yourself, if you just hate turn based games, or are the type of person who prefers games that mirror reality more like soldiers and shooters, then there is nothing for you.  It's like the mass effect series, most people choose the soldier, the most boring uninteresting class there is, screw being a biotic god and crushing enemies with your mind, I'd rather pick up a gun, the same thing I can do in THIS world, and shoot at stuff.  It's like being at a dinner table with delicate salmon, crab, lobster, and seeing the visigoth ignore all of that and grab the beef jerky being fed to the dogs. 

I actually fucking hate turn based games. With a passion. But if it's good, I can look over it. My problem with the game was the amount of bullshittery that went on during some games where you'd be completely screwed without having a chance and I generally didn't like the units it had. Plus the predetermined skills was BS and gave a lack of builds. Keep in mind though, the last time I played this was in 2005 so it's been nearly a decade that I've had to rage at this game.

Red Alert master race!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/command-conquer-red-alert

I hate turn-based games,but who says I don't like RTS?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I played a few hundreds hours out of the first two and I can easily say I was disappointed.

im not into this genre anyway and prob never will be. i have as much interest in it as i do in sport games(none) 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Red Alert master race!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/command-conquer-red-alert

I hate turn-based games,but who says I don't like RTS?

The two main things I liked about red alert were the dogs and lasers.  Those dogs would essentially instakill any infantry they got near.  And there was nothing cooler than seeing that giant death ray disintegrate units that got close.

But the people who are against this game just dislike turn based games, so they are going in with a handicap from the start.  

I didn't know this was coming, I never played the first two game either. But I'm actully interested in this game after seeing the video. I liked CIV 5 and I mi9ght be able toi get into this game. But I have a few questions...

1. How long are the matches? Civ 5 was WAY too long to play all the time.
2. Multiplayer in the game handled good? I like to play Strategy games online with friends
3. What are victory conditions for the game?

I might get this...

The two main things I liked about red alert were the dogs and lasers.  Those dogs would essentially instakill any infantry they got near.  And there was nothing cooler than seeing that giant death ray disintegrate units that got close.

But the people who are against this game just dislike turn based games, so they are going in with a handicap from the start.  

I wouldn't say disliking a turn based game is a handicap because in my eyes it makes the game easier since you can spend your time doing what you want without having to be quick about it.

good game...maybe not the best, bu still excited  :)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Oh nice, my brother brought me up to speed with this. He's into games like these. Not sure if I'll get into this genre though. Oh well.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Man that was anticlimatic... I was like which of pre-90s games you might mean?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Man that was anticlimatic... I was like which of pre-90s games you might mean?

Anticlimactic was gearbox buying the license for homeworld (wtf) and announcing a remake of the original series (no sequel, just a straight remake - because what we really wanted for the series, was a remastered blu ray of the original vhs, not a new installment)

I know you twitch shooty gamers THINK this would not be interesting to you, but I'd best most of you would thank me if you actually played this.  You do not know what you are missing.

The two main things I liked about red alert were the dogs and lasers. Those dogs would essentially instakill any infantry they got near. And there was nothing cooler than seeing that giant death ray disintegrate units that got close.

lasers....lasers....uh.. i cant remember lasers in red alert, only the original C&C series, were you maybe thinking of the tesla coils? Or did you mix up both games ? and maaaan damn dogs...hate them.

And there seems like there is ZERO buzz about it.  WTF ?!?!????

Can you guess what game I am talking about?  The last game came out like a decade ago, it was called Age of Wonders 2 (and Shadow Magic).

Think civilization in a fantasy setting (i.e. MORE compelling than any civ could POSSIBLY be because you are not constrained by REALITY).  Summoned units, spells, terrain alterations, etc etc, the skies the limit with that series.

It was deeply engrossing, and now, the sequel is about to be released at the end of THIS MONTH.

How many of you were even aware of it?

Don't lie, speak honestly!  That's right.  NONE of you, none of you knew, you were probably caught in a titanfall loop or something.  

That is why I am here, giving you the gift of knowledge, brightening up your darkened lives.

Now you know.

i have age of wonders 2 and 1 on steam i play them quite a bit, i played then a lot when i was a kid though. i'll probably buy age 3 when it goes on sale or something. also I've known about this game for a while now :P

Can't be the greatest game ever if I've never heard of it, also I hate claims like that because it's very much up to the individual.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299