What is happening and why ??

Simone_ltt

Looks like a dead display or dead gpu. 

Can you try connecting an external monitor? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Sounds like a dead HDD to me

Naah HDD alive

Dying HDD.

That screech does not sound good - seems like the platters aren't moving properly so it fails to boot your OS.

elephants

10 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Dying HDD.

That screech does not sound good - seems like the platters aren't moving properly so it fails to boot your OS.

I'm pretty sure you're hearing an optical drive. Even if the drive was dying, OP appears to be doing a cold boot, and he can't even see the BIOS splash screen. Dead hard drive wouldn't cause that.

OP, try with an external monitor.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Judging by the lines on the display, I'm thinking bad display connection or the display itself is faulty. Like Kelvin said, try an external monitor. Do you hear the Windows chime if you're running Windows 7 and below? Annoying how the startup chime is actually a handy troubleshooting tool that Microsoft took away from us.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm pretty sure you're hearing an optical drive.

I'm pretty sure as well

Even if the drive was dying, OP appears to be doing a cold boot, and he can't even see the BIOS splash screen. Dead hard drive wouldn't cause that.

Not sure about dead HDD, but bad SATA connection can cause no POST. Still, his symptoms aren't consistent with it. Bad screen or bad GPU far more likely.

100% agree.

Try to run it on external monitor to eliminate the GPU.

If you have a USB and another computer, try to make an Ubuntu driver and run it (after removing the HDD). Otherwise, really just take it to a technician. Good luck

3 hours ago, yaboistar said:

I have to wonder whether those who are complaining about the noise have ever used an optical drive in their lives because even laptop ones sure as hell ain't silent

None of 9 optical drives don't screech like that...
And two of them are from 1995...

elephants

Most likely a bad LCD screen, or possibly the wire is loose on either the mobo or LCD screen end. Although I would say bad LCD screen is more likely.

Not hard to replace at all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, ragnarok0273 said:

All of the optical drives in computers I've ever heard when booting make that sound (or something very similar) when booting... maybe you're confusing the background noise with the optical drive noise.

Like the others said, I think it's something with your display, or very maybe your GPU. I recommend trying to connect an extenal display, see if that works. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

9 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

All of the optical drives in computers I've ever heard when booting make that sound (or something very similar):)

Mine just make a soft "click" noise.

elephants

9 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Looks like a dead display or dead gpu. 

Can you try connecting an external monitor? 

4 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Mine just make a soft "click" noise.

4 hours ago, TomvanWijnen said:

All of the optical drives in computers I've ever heard when booting make that sound (or something very similar) when booting... maybe you're confusing the background noise with the optical drive noise.

Like the others said, I think it's something with your display, or very maybe your GPU. I recommend trying to connect an extenal display, see if that works. :)

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Most likely a bad LCD screen, or possibly the wire is loose on either the mobo or LCD screen end. Although I would say bad LCD screen is more likely.

Not hard to replace at all.

5 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

6 hours ago, PeachGr said:

If you have a USB and another computer, try to make an Ubuntu driver and run it (after removing the HDD). Otherwise, really just take it to a technician. Good luck

9 hours ago, yaboistar said:

either the display cable has come partially unplugged at either end, has broken in the middle or your display's onboard circuity has called it quits. In any case, the rest of the laptop seems to be coming up properly. i have to wonder whether those who are complaining about the noise have ever used an optical drive in their lives becuase even laptop ones sure as hell ain't silent

as mentioned above, slap an external display onto it and you should be able to get something out of it. you can then start looking for spares (i advise stripping the screen down and getting the model number off the back of the screen to search for spares or compatible parts with). at that point you can then decide whether the price to replace it is worth keeping the laptop and replacing the display or getting another laptop.

9 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm pretty sure as well

Not sure about dead HDD, but bad SATA connection can cause no POST. Still, his symptoms aren't consistent with it. Bad screen or bad GPU far more likely.

100% agree.

9 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Judging by the lines on the display, I'm thinking bad display connection or the display itself is faulty. Like Kelvin said, try an external monitor. Do you hear the Windows chime if you're running Windows 7 and below? Annoying how the startup chime is actually a handy troubleshooting tool that Microsoft took away from us.

9 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

9 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm pretty sure you're hearing an optical drive. Even if the drive was dying, OP appears to be doing a cold boot, and he can't even see the BIOS splash screen. Dead hard drive wouldn't cause that.

9 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Dying HDD.

9 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Sounds like a dead HDD to me

To every one who tried ansering my query 
My HDD is not dead 
Also when i Plug into external monitor it turns on
sometimes suddenly the laptop monitor turns on (when place in a specific angle)
Laptop > DELL VOSTRO 1510 with win7 (now hdd formatted)

Techinitians in my end are really useless, even i know more than them so there is no point of taking to a technitians (in my locaton)
i'll preferably do it by self

Its a 
DELL VOSTRO 1510 

I don't know how to do it 😢
But i have another pc

3 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Bad display then I think

i'll try disassembling it then

43 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Also when i Plug into external monitor it turns on
sometimes suddenly the laptop monitor turns on (when place in a specific angle)

Then it's either the backlight or the inverter. 

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Then it's either the backlight or the inverter. 

I mean it some specific angle it works as normal again

2 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

i'll try disassembling it then

It s an easy process, but if plug to another one works, try to disconnect the display output. Maybe it's shorted

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

It s an easy process, but if plug to another one works, try to disconnect the display output. Maybe it's shorted

ok

4 hours ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Techinitians in my end are really useless, even i know more than them so there is no point of taking to a technitians (in my locaton)
i'll preferably do it by self

Its a 
DELL VOSTRO 1510 

I was a dell certified technician for 2 and a half years at the company I currently work for.

It's either a dead LCD or bad video cable. Easy to replace by yourself if you can get the parts and a video on disassembly and reassembly for that specific model. Best of luck.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I was a dell certified technician for 2 and a half years at the company I currently work for.

It's either a dead LCD or bad video cable. Easy to replace by yourself if you can get the parts and a video on disassembly and reassembly for that specific model. Best of luck.

Can you gimme a link to it 
I am in INDIA 
https://www.amazon.in//      https://www.flipkart.com//      Https://www.Snapdeal.com//    

Pleasse provide a link from the mentioned websites ^^^^^

Usually with lines like that i tend to think display cable, especially if it works okay in certain angles (even if only briefly), or if you move the hinge around.