What is happening and why ??

Simone_ltt
Just now, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

@FloRolf    @ragnarok0273   @kelvinhall05   @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito  
@SpaceGhostC2C     @yaboistar   @PeachGr   @Trik'Stari   @TomvanWijnen   @Flannelist

This is what happened when i had moved the device to an external monitor 

Gonna assume your GPU is toast. The monitor, cable, etc all work with another computer, right?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Gonna assume your GPU is toast. The monitor, cable, etc all work with another computer, right?

Yeah the pc i am using right now is using the monitor shwon on the video 

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

How can the GPU be dead if till one week if it was as fine as new (the monitor was still dead tho)

1 minute ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Yeah the pc i am using right now is using the monitor shwon on the video 

And I'm guessing that means it doesn't have those problems with another PC, right?

How can the GPU be dead if till one week if it was as fine as new (the monitor was still dead tho)

I dunno, you tell me.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

And I'm guessing that means it doesn't have those problems with another PC, right?

13 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

Yes 
@kelvinhall05

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I dunno, you tell me.

When i disassembled my pc today i didn't see any toasty signs on the GPU on the MOBO

13 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

I thought it was working well on the external monitor, and it was only the builtin display that was acting up.

If that's how it looks on the external monitor, then it's the GPU.

12 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

How can the GPU be dead if till one week if it was as fine as new 

That's how GPUs, and most digital devices work.

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I thought it was working well on the external monitor, and it was only the builtin display that was acting up.

If that's how it looks on the external monitor, then it's the GPU.

That's how GPUs, and most digital devices work.

So is there any way to bring it back to life ??

8 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

So is there any way to bring it back to life ??

I have no experience with laptops doing this (it is an iGPU or a dGPU?). In desktops, I dealt with them via RMA (when under warranty) or just replacing them. You will need to dig deeper into what exactly is failing in order to figure out if there's a way to fix it without hardware changes. It's beyond what I know.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I have no experience with laptops doing this (it is an iGPU or a dGPU?). In desktops, I dealt with them via RMA (when under warranty) or just replacing them. You will need to dig deeper into what exactly is failing in order to figure out if there's a way to fix it without hardware changes. It's beyond what I know.

My GPU is southerd into the board!     @SpaceGhostC2C

Well i mean one day they are fine, the other are dead. Laptops are hard to tell. If you have experience you can open it and figure out what is goin on if  for example toy disconect hdmi port, see if there is anything smokin (smells burnt, or is burnt).
My laptop once died and i sent it change the Motherboard, then worked for a week then died again.
Usualy you need to change parts till you get lucky.
My suggestion is to change ROM to a new SSD, only because even it's not the solution, the ssd will be used on another pc

3 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

ab7fba3efaecfb026b734ed26f973341.pngsorry but that's the most realistic approach.
I know it's a hassle

How can i know whether my LCD is alive or not ?

2 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

How can i know whether my LCD is alive or not ?

that isolates the display to make it run as a monitor really.
I used it to use my old laptop's screen as a second monitor.
if it runs on an HDMI, then it's good... but it's a hassle as i said

Just now, PeachGr said:

that isolates the display to make it run as a monitor really.
I used it to use my old laptop's screen as a second monitor.
if it runs on an HDMI, then it's good... but it's a hassle as i said

Is it safe to buy from EBAY?
Also after, buying if my MONITOR turns out to be dead what will i do ?????     @PeachGr

Is it safe to buy from EBAY?
Also after, buying if my MONITOR turns out to be dead what will i do ?????     @PeachGr

i think i m drivin you away from solytion. Just take it to some1 that know things AND is close to you.

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

i think i m drivin you away from solytion. Just take it to some1 that know things AND is close to you.

I am really sorry but as i already said there's no one who know's this stuff near me so i will handle it by my own.
Just say me one thing after buying the thing from EBAY if my monitor turns out to be dead can i ask for refund ??

3 minutes ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

I am really sorry but as i already said there's no one who know's this stuff near me so i will handle it by my own.
Just say me one thing after buying the thing from EBAY if my monitor turns out to be dead can i ask for refund ??

return policies depend on the country and company policies.
If it runs, then you can't ask for a refund, if you return, you can't ask for a full refund
I can't answer realistically

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

return policies depend on the country and company policies.
If it runs, then you can't ask for a refund, if you return, you can't ask for a full refund
I can't answer realistically

oK Thanks for all the help if anything else is neede i'll again tag you and post here :)

5 hours ago, Abhirupam Sarmah said:

@FloRolf    @ragnarok0273   @kelvinhall05   @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito  
@SpaceGhostC2C     @yaboistar   @PeachGr   @Trik'Stari   @TomvanWijnen   @Flannelist

IDk  tf is goin on 😢

It depends, some dells have an internal daughter board (we called it an IO Card) that is almost always broken. It's not a GPU, just an internal secondary board meant to output a video signal to an external monitor. 

I need to know specifically how you hooked up this external display to the device in question. I assume vga or hdmi cable? 

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's a stretch, but maybe you can disable the dGPU in the bios, and run (possibly only an external monitor) on the iGPU.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7