Cyberpunk 2077

Igy89

Hi guys need some advice... so i have 1080Ti i7 6700k and 4k monitor..should i buy cyberpunk on ps5 or for pc? Tnx :)

I'll always point towards PC. If your 1080Ti is struggling, you can still go ahead and run it at 1440p. And in the long run we might even get mod support on PC. That was one of the reasons Witcher 3 held up much better on PC over the years.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

If you buy it on PS5, the day you upgrade your PC, you'll probably buy it again anyway.

Just buy it on PC.
1080TI is still solid

yes you will be missing RTX but that is all, i am quite sure that the 1080TI on pc will deliver better fidelity than the new consoles, yes it is new architecture, but the 1080TI is = 2080 in speeds, so at 1440p i guess you will be running close to ultra.

and it is a FPS game, so mouse controls seems to be a must.. and then again RTX is .. yes nice, i have the 3080GTX, but in reality it is only really valuable if you look for it..

the PC give you the possibility to finetune what you want, i guess PS5 might come with a "high FPS or High quality" and that is it..

with a bit of nerdyness, normally you can find your "best setting" on a pc... 

have a 3080 instead of my 1080ti and to be honest, apart from the "FPS" Counter, i really did not notice any thing missing when i build an pc for my son with that 1080ti running same 1440p that i run.

Do you think that i can run it in 4k? i play valhalla on max on 4k and get 50fps...

1 hour ago, Igy89 said:

Do you think that i can run it in 4k? i play valhalla on max on 4k and get 50fps...

Depends on your definition of playable. 50 fps is unplayable for me. 60 fps or ☠ lol 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone advise me how to install mesa-git on Ubuntu 20.04?

Thank you. :)

On 12/1/2020 at 4:39 PM, Igy89 said:

Hi guys need some advice... so i have 1080Ti i7 6700k and 4k monitor..should i buy cyberpunk on ps5 or for pc? Tnx :)

I can play it on 1070ti (for just one day though, before I upgraded to 3080) on 4k monitor, pretty sure you can do it on 1080ti, probably at even high setting 

I would get it on PC.  Esp being that your rig is a pretty good one, and you can toy with settings.  

From what I remember, aren't the consoles regularly rendering things at 1440p and upscaling to 4k on demanding titles?  I dont think it would be terrible to play at 4k medium with that card, and you could always run at 1440p and turn on higher settings too.  More flexibility.

Though that is my recommendation for everything :)  It would have to be a console exclusive or I dont have access to a PC for some reason and could only buy a console.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

I have the exact same setup 1080Ti + i7 6700K. Cyberpunk was very playable 50-80 fps (depending on what is going on) on medium-ish settings at 1440p. So I'd get it for PC and just replay it again in a year or 2 once you have upgrade your PC. (which is what i am planning at least)