Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

nylon braided cables, are they fire safe

I was looking to buy DP 1.4 cables, and I saw the most popular are nylon braided, 

afaik nylon burns really well, are these cables safe,

or how would they compare to usual ones in the fire safety aspect ?

I use nylon braided cables and they are OK, the area behind my server reaches probably around 80C and they have not been visibly damaged in the 2 years I've had them.

Is it plugged in?

36 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

I use nylon braided cables and they are OK, the area behind my server reaches probably around 80C and they have not been visibly damaged in the 2 years I've had them.

that really doesn't say much because melting point of nylon is 256 °C / 492.8 °F which is quite high for thermoplastic material, and is generally considered safe for cables and such, something like Kevlar might be preferable though. 

RYZEN 5 3600 | GIGABYTE 3070 VISION OC | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET STRAIGHT POWER 11 650W 80+ GOLD | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

It won't even start melting until 160C. Ignition temp is around 420C. You'll be fine lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Fiio FH1S

i use arch btw

OP Whats your application?

Red pill or Blue pill?
I don't feel like putting my system specs in here if you want them take a look at my profile page.

1 hour ago, Yummychickenblue said:

OP Whats your application?

just want to connect PC to monitor with a DP cable, there's a carpet on the floor and wallpaper on the wall, and a power extension cord under the table

17 hours ago, omuleanu said:

what about this:

https://findanyanswer.com/which-fabric-creates-the-most-static-electricity

All fabrics have some tendency to build up a static charge, but synthetics like nylon, polyester and acrylic are particularly good at generating, and then holding on to, static charge.

Braiding would be the outermost layer only. There's at least two layers of insulating plastic/rubber under it. One protecting individual wires, and another protecting the whole package. The braiding is used for the looks, and also because its more flexible than using plastic outer shell.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv