A few issues with my home network.

Ok so I have an issue with my home network, And I'm not quite sure how to solve it, but I'm willing to pay the price and time for it. These are my network speeds.

image.thumb.png.e3f26170651634bcefba805a78e03b23.png

Now my ISP is currently Telstra and were using the *Best Bundle ever* a.k.a the $90 a month bundle. Now I'm not quite sure how to find my rated upload and download speeds, I have tried searching ( Especially for Telstra's upload speeds ) on there websites about there plans, And I see a lot talking about download in the range of 20/50/100Mps speeds, for ludicrous prices and what not. Now getting back to the point, I'm trying to increase my network speed and I've had no real success so far, trying to so for free. I've turned the router on and off, consistently to reboot it. I've tried a custom DNS, Which didn't do shit. I've also trying moving it with the limited space that I have in that area.

One thing I want to mention is that I'm using a PC with an internal ASUS PCE-AC68 Wifi card inside my PC, as I can't really use a direct ethernet connection to my B350F Motherboard in my room. Now I'm about 6-8 meters away  ( 3 walls in between) from my Telstra smart modem.

Now I as I've thought through out the past couple years, my uplink speed is suspiciously low, Like should it's be around 20Mps up? I read that Telstra cut uplink speeds for some reason, But does that affect me? Idk, that's for you to answer. 

So with all of that considered would it be wise to?

a) Spend extra money on a separate dedicated modem and router from a third party brand. Likr TPlink, Netgear, asus etc. And if so, will using a separate modem still function the same as if I had the original modem/router combo? 

b) Look for another solution, and if so, Inform me.

c) Try another ISP

Please help. Urgent help needed! Thankyou!

2 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Now I'm not quite sure how to find my rated upload and download speeds

You call and ask.

I'm trying to increase my network speed

Without even knowing what speeds you're paying for, that seems pretty foolish.

3 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

Now I'm about 6-8 meters away  ( 3 walls in between)

3 walls is quite a lot, that drops signal-quality.

4 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

my uplink speed is suspiciously low, Like should it's be around 20Mps up?

As I said, without knowing what speeds you are paying for, there's literally no way of knowing if it should be more or not! You need to first check what speeds you are paying for.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Call your ISP, have your account information on-hand, and they'll be able to tell you what "plan" you're on - your rated up/down bandwidth.

If you're on 100/10, my current operating guess, you're within range of what can be considered normal. Your rated speeds are just that - what you're capable of achieving, not what you will. Many factors, some outside your control (such as congestion/infrastructure reliability/signal strength), some inside (such as WiFi, quality of hardware (hint: most consumer networking hardware is basically e-waste from the factory, bufferbloat, ETC), interference and the three barriers between you and your access point).

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You call and ask.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I suppose I should try that

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Without even knowing what speeds you're paying for, that seems pretty foolish.

Look here my friend. https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf-b/best-bundle-ever-final.pdf

I have looked EVERY WHERE on this damn sheet, Cannot see anything about overall upload and download speed, Just said that it's varires based on stated variables.

1 minute ago, Nexblitzer said:

Look here my friend. https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf-b/best-bundle-ever-final.pdf

I have looked EVERY WHERE on this damn sheet, Cannot see anything about overall upload and download speed, Just said that it's varires based on stated variables.

Irrelevant. Of course the speed varies, but without knowing what speeds you are paying for, we don't know what the maximum you could get is!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Semper said:

Call your ISP, have your account information on-hand, and they'll be able to tell you what "plan" you're on - your rated up/down bandwidth.

If you're on 100/10, my current operating guess, you're within range of what can be considered normal. Your rated speeds are just that - what you're capable of achieving, not what you will. Many factors, some outside your control (such as congestion/infrastructure reliability/signal strength), some inside (such as WiFi, quality of hardware (hint: most consumer networking hardware is basically e-waste from the factory, bufferbloat, ETC), interference and the three barriers between you and your access point).

I see, thank you for that. Yeah calling them about it might be a good idea. And 100D/10U that's actually a regular speed? Also the dedicated router and modem speed increase is beginning to sound like a decent idea with that in mind. And outside variable like infrastructure is good to point out two, I do live in a pretty small town, But I'm not too far outside of town, And as a matter of fact, My dish on top, is pointed directly at what I believe the be the signal tower. 

Try moving your pc or using a laptop and plugging that into ethernet temporarily and see how fast it is, and see how much bandwidth you're losing from using wifi.

1 minute ago, Coolmaster said:

Try moving your pc or using a laptop and plugging that into ethernet temporarily and see how fast it is, and see how much bandwidth you're losing from using wifi.

Can't use an ethernet cable, I stated that before hand. And I also cannot move my pc outside of maybe a foot and a half. everything Is too tight cable wise.

Can't use an ethernet cable, I stated that before hand. And I also cannot move my pc outside of maybe a foot and a half. everything Is too tight cable wise.

Do it temporarily, just to test.

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Irrelevant. Of course the speed varies, but without knowing what speeds you are paying for, we don't know what the maximum you could get is!

So after opening about 20+ shitty telstra pages, from what I can gather i'm on a fixed wireless connection. As stated before where on the *best bundle ever* deal, But from what I can gather it's the $90 plan which states this. I did my best to find out what upload speeds there were, But i could not for the LIFE of me do it.

That is the best I can do, under my limited search parameters as well as the PDF I linked you to before. There whole site is very messy and convoluted, but if you can better, By all means, I'm welcome to be embarrassed.

image.thumb.png.c789a8774c125a7ca6b7e8b1449e673e.png

6 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

So after opening about 20+ shitty telstra pages, from what I can gather i'm on a fixed wireless connection. As stated before where on the *best bundle ever* deal, But from what I can gather it's the $90 plan which states this. I did my best to find out what upload speeds there were, But i could not for the LIFE of me do it.

That is the best I can do, under my limited search parameters as well as the PDF I linked you to before. There whole site is very messy and convoluted, but if you can better, By all means, I'm welcome to be embarrassed.

They don't seem to mention anything about upload-speeds anywhere so, again, the only option is to call them and ask what the maximum possible upload-speed is. Seeing as how shitty the plan is to begin with, I very much think you can't get more than you are getting now.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

They don't seem to mention anything about upload-speeds anywhere so, again, the only option is to call them and ask what the maximum possible upload-speed is. Seeing as how shitty the plan is to begin with, I very much think you can't get more than you are getting now.

That's concerning. But will do, thankyou for your help