Intel partners with Hitman (IO Interactive)

Lord Szechenyi

Summary

IO interactive partners with Intel for Hitman3, AKA better optimization for Intel CPUs and also adding VRS.

Quotes

Together with Intel, we are working to optimize the game for launch and beyond, with updates, tweaks and improvements coming throughout 2021 that will improve the experience of playing on a high-end PC and multi-core CPUs.

These optimizations include enhancing HITMAN 3 for PC players with 8+ core CPUs, for example you’ll be able to spot more crowds in Dubai or experience more complex destructibility in Dartmoor. We’re also introducing Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a technique that allows us to prioritize GPU resources where they have the biggest impact. On top of that, we will also implement Ray Tracing after the launch of the game, later in 2021.

My thoughts

This is interesting, because Hitman 2 didn't run well with AMD (as in, the game performed worse with AMD even if the hardware was equal/more powerful than the intel equivalent (or nvidia equivalent too but that's unrelated here)) and this could seriously accentuate the problem for AMD users

Spoiler

Good thing i didn't listen to them and got myself an lga 1200 motherboard ❤️

Sources

https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-intel-hitman3/

Personally I feel like this is a move by intel that means when it comes out they can point at the game and go "See we are better" that being said, I also can't see the game being terrible on AMD even still, because AMD is starting to get more and more market share, it would be a mistake to just ignore AMD, especially as the AMD fans are a bit vocal at times. I personally don't think neither AMD, nVidea or intel should be doing stuff as I feel like it artifically affects performance in a way to make the one side look better, but it happens but especially now the FX days are gone, they can't just ignore one side, both intel and AMD need to be supported. And now AMD has starting becoming reasonably competative GPUs (I think the next gen of these cards will be properly competative, where as the current gen are and aren't depending (AKA nothing ray tracingy)), they will need to improve support on both sides.

That being said, this isn't the first time this has happened, this won't be the last time, and if anything now that competitions is heating up, I have a feeling it might become more common

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

4 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

Personally I feel like this is a move by intel that means when it comes out they can point at the game and go "See we are better" that being said, I also can't see the game being terrible on AMD even still, because AMD is starting to get more and more market share, it would be a mistake to just ignore AMD, especially as the AMD fans are a bit vocal at times. I personally don't think neither AMD, nVidea or intel should be doing stuff as I feel like it artifically affects performance in a way to make the one side look better, but it happens but especially now the FX days are gone, they can't just ignore one side, both intel and AMD need to be supported. And now AMD has starting becoming reasonably competative GPUs (I think the next gen of these cards will be properly competative, where as the current gen are and aren't depending (AKA nothing ray tracingy)), they will need to improve support on both sides.

That being said, this isn't the first time this has happened, this won't be the last time, and if anything now that competitions is heating up, I have a feeling it might become more common

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/hitman-2-2019-pc-graphics-dx12-performance-update,1.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/b5bprv/poor_performance_of_hitman_2_on_ryzen_cpus/

There was a game or game demo, a while back that was also optimized for Intel, but it was for their SSDs. Difference was with an SSD, billboards in game will play videos while those with HDD, it will just be a static image. Intel could have done that, just to promote their SSDs, but other brands should be able get the same feature. I don't remember the name of that game nor the game demo. I believe it was the time when Intel released their 330 and 520 series SSD.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Well your information is old, across the board Ryzen 5000 is faster than Intel for pretty well every game (well everything in fact, not just games) except for Red Dead Redemption 2 (not Hitman 2)

image.thumb.png.e1ba9d7ee29ea73fe18c0ca8a8381194.png

image.thumb.png.615b30628a184e95ca1ae0f67eb64454.png

25 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Well your information is old, across the board Ryzen 5000 is faster than Intel for pretty well every game (well everything in fact, not just games) except for Red Dead Redemption 2 (not Hitman 2)

image.thumb.png.e1ba9d7ee29ea73fe18c0ca8a8381194.png

image.thumb.png.615b30628a184e95ca1ae0f67eb64454.png

huh, didn't know that.

Might be related to the addition of DX12 (which was missing at launch) that improved AMD performance and nothing/worse performance with Intel.

Anyway, this is going to be a new game, 11th gen is coming out in January just as the game is, we'll see then.

AMD, Nvidia and Intel have been doing this shit for yeeeeeeeeeears. Grid 2, for example, prominently advertises its Intel partnership for certain tech... and yet that runs really nicely regardless of what you go for. 

It's not about the sponsorship, it's about how competent the developers are for making a game function properly on various types of hardware.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

18 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

huh, didn't know that.

Might be related to the addition of DX12 (which was missing at launch) that improved AMD performance and nothing/worse performance with Intel.

Anyway, this is going to be a new game, 11th gen is coming out in January just as the game is, we'll see then.

No the Zen 3 architecure changes increased the performance, the older Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) are still below that of Intel 10th Gen in Hitman 2. Ryzen 3000 was never really considered faster than Intel for gaming anyway, options like the 3600 were just such good value and performance paying more became a very tough sell, basically get a 3600 or 10900K which the price difference was so extreme but yea if you wanted the best it was 10900K. Now it's switched over to Ryzen 5900X if you just want outright best.

I can't really see 11th Gen being faster than Ryzen 5000, it's still using Intel 14nm but with significant architecture improvements with the down side of lowering maximum core count to 8 cores from 10 in 10th Gen. I can however see 11th Gen performance matching Ryzen 5000 in gaming again, however by sacrificing yet more performance in productivity applications which they know they can beat anyway so no point trying right now.

I wouldn't buy in to 11th Gen, seems like a bad idea and short lived product line. 12th Gen will be where it's at, that far as I know will finally be 10nm desktop CPUs with yet more architecture improvements and higher core counts. Save your money for that, or what ever is the best at that time be it 12th Gen Intel or AMD.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

No the Zen 3 architecure changes increased the performance, the older Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) are still below that of Intel 10th Gen in Hitman 2. Ryzen 3000 was never really considered faster than Intel for gaming anyway, options like the 3600 were just such good value and performance paying more became a very tough sell, basically get a 3600 or 10900K which the price difference was so extreme but yea if you wanted the best it was 10900K. Now it's switched over to Ryzen 5900X if you just want outright best.

I can't really see 11th Gen being faster than Ryzen 5000, it's still using Intel 14nm but with significant architecture improvements with the down side of lowering maximum core count to 8 cores from 10 in 10th Gen. I can however see 11th Gen performance matching Ryzen 5000 in gaming again, however by sacrificing yet more performance in productivity applications which they know they can beat anyway so no point trying right now.

I wouldn't buy in to 11th Gen, seems like a bad idea and short lived product line. 12th Gen will be where it's at, that far as I know will finally be 10nm desktop CPUs with yet more architecture improvements and higher core counts. Save your money for that, or what ever is the best at that time be it 12th Gen Intel or AMD.

well here Intel is the best price/performance ratio and since i already have an lga 1200 i'm probably going to get 11th gen

i mean i got my i3-10100 for less than 100$, the equivalent in 11th gen is probably worth it too.

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

well here Intel is the best price/performance ratio and since i already have an lga 1200 i'm probably going to get 11th gen

i mean i got my i3-10100 for less than 100$, the equivalent in 11th gen is probably worth it too.

Yep, and I doubt you'll be playing with graphics settings that will make CPU performance matter at all. CPU game benchmarks for the most part are academic so we can see which is the best but real world we all play with settings that mean the GPU is the limiting factor not the CPU, CPU being performance limitation is rather rare and if it is often not by enough to matter.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yep, and I doubt you'll be playing with graphics settings that will make CPU performance matter at all. CPU game benchmarks for the most part are academic so we can see which is the best but real world we all play with settings that mean the GPU is the limiting factor not the CPU, CPU being performance limitation is rather rare and if it is often not by enough to matter.

well Hitman is quite demanding, even cpu matters

Simulation Quality
We’ve added an option under Graphics called ‘Simulation Quality’, which will improve the amount and fidelity of crowds, cloth, destruction and particles system, depending on your CPU. The visual content only applies to the main campaign missions in Miami and Mumbai. The Simulation Quality option also affects audio across all game content.

But yes you are right, that's the entire reason i got my i3-10100

it has a passmark of above 9000 and single thread of 2600+

that for less than 100$ is very good

6 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

well Hitman is quite demanding, even cpu matters

Not if you play at resolution above 1080p, 1440p is GPU limited.

image.thumb.png.ec10c26f4a7154a1ae2afafffe312d25.png

image.thumb.png.fd32e3d32dec68ae7e562a8612ec5574.png

Just now, leadeater said:

Not if you play at resolution above 1080p, 1440p is GPU limited.

image.thumb.png.fd32e3d32dec68ae7e562a8612ec5574.png

True, but currently with my 1070 i play in 1600x900 (which not gonna lie can barely make the difference with 1440p except for the text) and i hope to get a 3060 ti as i missed the 3070.

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

True, but currently with my 1070 i play in 1600x900 (which not gonna lie can barely make the difference with 1440p except for the text) and i hope to get a 3060 ti as i missed the 3070.

It's looking like the 3060 Ti might be a significantly better buy anyway 😀