New case needed - I've already got many old Noctua fans

Jum

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new high airflow case. I have an mITX motherboard, Noctua DH-15s, full size PSU, and will be getting an Asus TUF 3080 soon. As per Gamers Nexus case reviews my attention is on the p300a and Lian-Li Lancool mesh II right now. I value cool and quiet performance, looks don't matter. I already have a ton of old Noctua fans I could use with the case so included fans don't matter to me.

Any advice?

Do you want a mITX case? The ones you listed are ATX and your motherboard can fit into much smaller cases.

42 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Do you want a mITX case? The ones you listed are ATX and your motherboard can fit into much smaller cases.

I should have been more specific. Happy to get any size case as long as it fits everything I've listed. Most important things to me are thermals and noise. Don't care about RGB, Tempered glass, size, form factor, cost etc. 

32 minutes ago, foldingNoob said:

i have3 the silverstone rl08. has inverted motherboard so i have fans directly facing the gpu. Great thermals and airflow.

First time seeing this case! It seems a bit dated internally but I can see how it could fit my needs. Inverted motherboard would be good for GPU airflow too. I'll keep it on the short list. 

6 minutes ago, Jum said:

First time seeing this case! It seems a bit dated internally but I can see how it could fit my needs. Inverted motherboard would be good for GPU airflow too. I'll keep it on the short list. 

inverted cases are so rare no one reputable has reviewed them. I wish i tested my thermals in my NR400 before i changed cases, but I know it's def cooler and quieter. It also looks better because my mATX fills it out so there are no empty spaces in the case. It's full intake fan on heatsink action. The NR600 (NR400's big brother) BTW is a great airflow case and was one of the cheapest airflow cases at the time i was shopping (this time last year). The NR400 doesnt leave much room for the GPU on my mATX board but might suit your ITX.

What graphics card are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What graphics card are you using? Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

As stated above cost isn't an issue and I'm using an RTX 3080 Asus TUF. Happy to internationally ship so locale is irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, foldingNoob said:

inverted cases are so rare no one reputable has reviewed them. I wish i tested my thermals in my NR400 before i changed cases, but I know it's def cooler and quieter. It also looks better because my mATX fills it out so there are no empty spaces in the case. It's full intake fan on heatsink action. The NR600 (NR400's big brother) BTW is a great airflow case and was one of the cheapest airflow cases at the time i was shopping (this time last year). The NR400 doesnt leave much room for the GPU on my mATX board but might suit your ITX.

Yeah I can barely find any reviews for it online. Just the fact that you can have 2 fans blowing directly into the GPU cooler and a mesh front panel are selling me. 

Really the smallest case?
I think the recently announced Sliger 620 might fit your stuff. Not sure about the ATX PSU though.

EDIT: sorry, smallest was an other topic.