Is ANY Game Worth $1,500?? - Mario Kart Live Home Circuit Challenge

James

Buy Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/Gx98 On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/6xzrJe

On B&H (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/PkFSDm

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Linus and friends compete in a Mario Kart Live Home Circuit grand prix with some serious prizes on the line...but can the hardware keep up?

https://youtu.be/KKEqQOsKERQ

Was wondering why the video wasn't showing up in my YouTube feed. Apparently it's unlisted. I'm assuming this is unintentional?

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

2 minutes ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Was wondering why the video wasn't showing up in my YouTube feed. Apparently it's unlisted. I'm assuming this is unintentional?

That's pretty much always been the case...forum gets early access.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Ah makes sense. I've never watched a video early from the forum. Usually by the time I see the post it's shown up on YouTube.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Is this why the video is not embedded?

( could have changed by the time you read it )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 minute ago, Drama Lama said:

Is this why the video is not embedded?

( could have changed by the time you read it )

That seems to be because James doesn't know how to paste a link.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Would love it if LTT could do a video where you guys experiment with some optimization and/or "hacks" to improve the WiFi/stream performance. For example, would a hard-modded antennae extension on the carts improve the signal strength? Are there any WiFi configuration adjustments that can be made to reduce crosstalk/interference? 

I only play with 2 carts in my home and found that my signal is dramatically better with the Switch Lite than our Switch V1 and niece's V2. Tested the various Switches with different combinations of the 2 carts we have in our household and the Switch Lite was far and away the best at retaining a signal to its cart, even through several walls. We're talking 4 full bars at 5m with the Lite vs 2-3 bars on the Switch V1 and V2s. Also found that handheld mode was the way to go with the regular Switches, but I presume if you can maneuver the dock into a central location (relative to the course), it would achieve the same effect. 

ridge wallet has wanted to redefine the wallet for a bit now, they should just do it now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

That seems to be because James doesn't know how to paste a link.

Hmmm....

@James Could you possibly fix that?? A quick CTRL+C CTRL+V is all it takes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

image.thumb.png.1347b48580fd2ce9023a328779030fa5.png

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Much like labo, excellent idea on paper but the execution is still limiting somehow

8 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

That's why I can't Google some videos to get around my school's dumb YouTube video security (a Windows XP boot sound video was blocked, if that gives you an idea of how dumb it is)

elephants

image.thumb.png.279f3d61fbe95d84fa5830167295d6db.png

Correction: The caption should say, "Linus Sebastian: SAIYAMAN!"

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/9/9d/Episode_203.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100904143135

Could it have to do with the router?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Was it just me or was Linus wearing some prototype socks in the opening scene?