Why not make a Linux LTT Distro?

ortizimo

so yeah why not with its front end just for games? especially now that Linux is running more and more Windows games?!!!!

6 minutes ago, ortizimo said:

so yeah why not with its front end just for games? especially now that Linux is running more and more Windows games?!!!!

Because programming a whole OS takes a lot of time and resources. Not to mention they would need one hell of a software dev. The time and money required to do this is probably not worth it for them. On top of the fact they wouldn't make any money off it this. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

11 minutes ago, ortizimo said:

But why? If you wanted a front end just for games, you would have a console, not a PC.

Also, linux is still not quite there yet for games. Yes, tons of them do work, but there are many that still don't or that require some weird fixes that your average user would have problems getting around.

If all you want is a distro with steam pre-installed, I guess that there are many of those out there already.

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Because programming a whole OS takes a lot of time and resources. Not to mention they would need one hell of a software dev. The time and money required to do this is probably not worth it for them. On top of the fact they wouldn't make any money off it this. 

Wouldn't be really programming a whole OS, but more like forking an existing one and changing default pre-installed programs I guess. But still, it's something really useless IMO..

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

32 minutes ago, ortizimo said:

Do it

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

2 hours ago, ortizimo said:

so basically ubuntu setup to autolaunch steam big picture mode? i can set that up in 3 minutes with a script. there is no reason why LTT needs to make a branded distro for that

She/Her

2 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

The amount of resources it would take, pales in comparison to anything they've done so far. By a mile.

rebranding Ubuntu and making an ISO isn't difficult, there are pre-made tools for that, the longest part is the acutal creating of the iso file but ltt has fast computer so like, if they wanted to they could probably do this in like an hour, especially with Anthony on staff. 

and they'd only need to add LTT theming, pre-load OpenRGB and Steam and call it a day lol, there's your LTT branded linux distro. 

She/Her

Why? We don't need any more distributions, if anything we need less.

Edited by Nayr438
Removed SteamOS - abandoned project by valve

LMG has one writer who is into Linux. They would need a lot more Linux interested staff who know coding first. In short, there won't be anything official coming at any point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv