How can rtx3060 win in the mid lv gpu market against amd?

SAVE12HK

is it possible?

expectation,

no more than 8gb ram...

perf ~ 2080 super at best...

$350~$400 (too exp imo, hopefully to be cheaper)

i think only if its priced around $300, i will consider it

NVENC 

T'was easy. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

NVENC 

T'was easy. 

Not really. NVENC isn't that big of a thing to people with halfway decent CPUs that want to get the best framerates in GPU-bound titles while streaming. (NVENC does reduce framerate a little in GPU-bound scenarios)

Honestly, if it's more than $280, it's not going to be worth it.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

5 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Not really. NVENC isn't that big of a thing to people with halfway decent CPUs that want to get the best framerates in GPU-bound titles while streaming. (NVENC does reduce framerate a little in GPU-bound scenarios)

Honestly, if it's more than $280, it's not going to be worth it.

OH I agree it won't be worth it the card (likely) makes no sense unless it's properly priced, I just think the video thing is important especially if you're on a budget, the quality is pretty good honestly and the performance impact is small. 

As a side note idk what it is but I can't use cpu encoding at all (during a game) it'll always be a massive performance penalty... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

As a side note idk what it is but I can't use cpu encoding at all (during a game) it'll always be a massive performance penalty... 

Sounds like something in the settings may be off. Try limiting the encoding software affinity to threads 10 and 11, and see if that helps. If you need more threads, start with the higher numbered ones if you're using a default Windows or Ryzen power plan. (If using 1usmus's power plans, you'll need to figure out which cores are the weakest, and limit to them)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

15 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Sounds like something in the settings may be off. Try limiting the encoding software affinity to threads 10 and 11, and see if that helps. If you need more threads, start with the higher numbered ones if you're using a default Windows or Ryzen power plan. (If using 1usmus's power plans, you'll need to figure out which cores are the weakest, and limit to them)

I see, I'll give that a try next time, thanks. 

I suppose to use OBS or what? Kinda hate it because no overlay lol, but still willing to give it another go I guess. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see, I'll give that a try next time, thanks. 

I suppose to use OBS or what? Kinda hate it because no overlay lol, but still willing to give it another go I guess. 

Well, what software are you using now?