'Flappy Bird' creator says he's considering bringing his game back

It's been just over a month since the creator of the surprisingly popular and exceedingly frustrating mobile game Flappy Bird pulled his creation from the App Store and Google Play. He's kept a fairly low profile since, but Dong Nguyen broke his silence in a big way in a just-published feature interview with Rolling Stone. In the profile, Nguyen reveals that he's "considering" bringing Flappy Bird back, despite the overwhelming crush of attention, criticism, and even threats that the game originally brought him. However, if he does bring the game back, Nguyen says it'll come with a warning imploring players to take a break; last month, the developer said that the game's addictive qualities were a big part of why he took the game down.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/11/5496626/flappy-bird-creator-says-hes-considering-bringing-his-game-back

That guy is a freaking genius, that would make everyone who doesn't have the game and played the thousands of copies download the original and the ad revenue would go to the roof.

Signatures are stupid.

Ahh....f**k.....please don't...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I honestly always hated this game from the start, and found the fact it got so much publicity exceedingly annoying. It wasn't even that good...

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Social Engineering at its best.

He managed to get Flappy bird on National News like the BBC and ABC.

Now everyone will go crazy over him re-releasing it.

He is a genius.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

No. Just no.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I thought he killed himself??? there was an article on The Onion I believe that said he committed suicide... hm... odd.. :o

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

He ran out of the moneys. He will bring it back for a week and than take it down again until he needs more money. That way people will rush in to buy the game. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That guy is a freaking genius, that would make everyone who doesn't have the game and played the thousands of copies download the original and the ad revenue would go to the roof.

I personally think he is pretty stupid. First of all, why take it off? That made absolute no sense and he had no real reason behind it. And now he is putting it back up? Dude, make up your mind...

I thought he killed himself??? there was an article on The Onion I believe that said he committed suicide... hm... odd.. :o

You get your news from The Onion? :S

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I feel old. I don't know what flappy bird is.

You get your news from The Onion? :S

Preferable to actual real events.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I'm curious if he'll bring it back without changing the look of it and continue risking legal action from Nintendo. It would be simple to change the few images it needs while still keeping a similar look and feel.

Guess he thought that he wanted to earn more money to move somewhere better and have a better career in a better place.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Oh, what a suprise...

I hope your kidding haha

"The internet is a series of tubes"

I personally think he is pretty stupid. First of all, why take it off? That made absolute no sense and he had no real reason behind it. And now he is putting it back up? Dude, make up your mind...

How else he would get that much press? And lots of people to download his game in a small time window?

Signatures are stupid.

Social Engineering at its best.

He managed to get Flappy bird on National News like the BBC and ABC.

Now everyone will go crazy over him re-releasing it.

He is a genius.

completely agree, also why is everyone so addicted to it though D: IT'S BONKERS!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Marketing genius.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

How else he would get that much press? And lots of people to download his game in a small time window?

You don't really need that much press if people on fb on other social media sites do it for you... Also I assume that all ads seen during the period he took it off wasn't paid to him as it was officially off the app store. Plus, there's already a whole bunch of other flappy bird games, why would people who don't have it go to this one if they are basically the same game?

I hope your kidding haha

Everyone who read my post, I definitely was kidding! lololol. It really was on the Onion though...

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

You don't really need that much press if people on fb on other social media sites do it for you... Also I assume that all ads seen during the period he took it off wasn't paid to him as it was officially off the app store. Plus, there's already a whole bunch of other flappy bird games, why would people who don't have it go to this one if they are basically the same game?

He would still receive the ads revenue and again, because the press that it will generate... because it's "the original" flappy bird.

Signatures are stupid.

Well of course. He was making tons of money from it and plus he was getting threats. So to avoid the threats and make a ton of money, again, of course he's going to bring it back. 

COMIC SANS

Guys it is a free game... Only ad revenue here

bet the little shit that brought that phone with flappy bird for like 50k is happy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

<RANT>

I really don't like the fact that some of you are ignorant with lack of understanding current scenario. 

First of all. Everyone in the community and on the wan show is rising their fists to everyne who do not support indie developers. 

Now the scenario : This guy , made a game, its free, it has ad on it, he didn't have any huge marketing ads about "Play my game" thing.

Suddenly, the thing one can dream about.  Somehow someone discovers his game, thinks its silly, funny - He share it to a friend.

This goes on and on (of course with lightspeed of social media) and our Indie Developer suddenly have really lots of money because something HE created is popular.

This is exact thing like minecraft (although minecraft is paid) or other popular developer.  Doesn't really matter if it is large complex game or just an arcade game.

This is what exactly the term Indie developer has it final form.  To be self-employed and live from money you earned from your projects.

NOW This guys game has been so popular that some people played it really few hours in a row. THEN these people send him threat letters about how they hate him because their eyes hurt (this is true);

This guys, even though this project is making pretty nice money, because of empathy and of course scared from threats , takes HIS OWN game down.

Now i look here on forum, and everybody is like : "He ran out of the moneys","I personally think he is pretty stupid" ... This is again indie dev abuse, and that's why i joined FLAPPY JAM. Because of people like some of you.

Where is the support for indie devs now ? Oh i forgot " Yup guys.. he's rich now " " ooh, that bastard "  " I really hate this game, even tough i dint played it, just because someone is succesfull and i am not , i am gonna pretend that i hate him and its not fair."

All of you guys who act like this..  Please reboot your PC and grow up.

My addition to flappy jam : http://sirpaul.itch.io/asterion

</RANT>