Question about Web OS that comes with LG tvs

MS-DOS

I want to buy a TV that has Web OS 5.0. My question is if it has some filter similar to f.lux where you can set an hour to activate, and it activates and disables the blue tone colors which are annoying to look at at night.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:02 AM, dilpickle said:

No. You would need to do that in your source device.

What do you mean source device?

I just cant believe something as basic as this isn't availible in all SmartTVs. Retarded.

14 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

What do you mean source device?

I just cant believe something as basic as this isn't availible in all SmartTVs. Retarded.

Oh no a product does not have an "essential" feature, so retarded.

Anyway, LG has an option along those lines called Eye Comfort that makes the picture warmer.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 hours ago, dilpickle said:

The device that provides your video. PC, game console, Blu-ray player, etc.

It's a TV so im going to be watching TV channels.

It is objectively essential. What idiot doesn't use f.lux in 2020? I saw Eye Comfort feature but doesn't seem to have a way to set an hour for it to start and disable to match it with the sun.

6 hours ago, tikker said:

Oh no a product does not have an "essential" feature, so retarded.

Anyway, LG has an option along those lines called Eye Comfort that makes the picture warmer.

9 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

It is objectively essential. What idiot doesn't use f.lux in 2020? I saw Eye Comfort feature but doesn't seem to have a way to set an hour for it to start and disable to match it with the sun.

It certainly has its uses and benefits, but it is by no means essential. A much healthier option is to stop watching TV and avoid screens altogether before going to bed.

9 hours ago, MS-DOS said:

It's a TV so im going to be watching TV channels.

Unfortunately TVs simply can't/don't do it yet. The best you can do for now is switch to a warmer colour temperature and turn down the brightness.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, tikker said:

It certainly has its uses and benefits, but it is by no means essential. A much healthier option is to stop watching TV and avoid screens altogether before going to bed.

Unfortunately TVs simply can't/don't do it yet. The best you can do for now is switch to a warmer colour temperature and turn down the brightness.

There's no reason a TV shouldn't be able to know what time is it and activate the filter. They are just too lazy to implement it seems.