What game / series do you think is underrated ?

Drizard

I've spent a lot of time recently playing some old games with my kids like commander keen and the incredible machine I think they are great but very underrated what games do you think are very underrated ?

Lightweight 3D https://robotrage.pro/ runs on windows and linux through wine, on older Mac with 32-bit support too...

Game was dead for years, but fans rebuilt it. Multiplayer lobby is almost always empty, but if you play at the same time it shouldn't be an issue.

America's Army Proving Grounds

100% free game, not sure why more people aren't playing it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203290/Americas_Army_Proving_Grounds/

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

Everyone who knows of Gothic 1-2  tend to like em, at least then when the games weren't dated too much. But the games did not get the aknowledgement they deserved when they were released.

But they haven't aged well, many people who try them today might find the controls not intuitive.

I edit my posts more often than not

19 hours ago, Mondale said:

America's Army Proving Grounds

100% free game, not sure why more people aren't playing it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203290/Americas_Army_Proving_Grounds/

This is the WORST America's Army game. They left out what made the previous AA games special. Which was tactical authenticity. With PG they went for a more Call of Duty run n gun approach. This is a totally generic approach. Not to mention the level design was horrible. I am sure now they added new maps, but back then PG had alot of training maps where it did not feel like a real conflict. 

But I will agree that the America's Army series is totally underrated. Hopefully America's Army 5 ( a rumour that it is in development currently) will bring back that tactical authenticity. 

1 hour ago, PurplDrank said:

This is the WORST America's Army game. They left out what made the previous AA games special. Which was tactical authenticity. With PG they went for a more Call of Duty run n gun approach. This is a totally generic approach. Not to mention the level design was horrible. I am sure now they added new maps, but back then PG had alot of training maps where it did not feel like a real conflict. 

But I will agree that the America's Army series is totally underrated. Hopefully America's Army 5 ( a rumour that it is in development currently) will bring back that tactical authenticity. 

I never played it but I have always heard AA3 was the worst of the line. I played back in the early 2000's, not sure what version it was but it was a lot of fun too.

The current version, I never got the sense of it being a run and gun game. i didn't play it when it first came out so maybe things have changed since that time. I enjoy it for the tactical gameplay and play almost daily.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

For me its any afps like quake 3/qlive 1, 2,  etc. diabotical, reflex etc.

that and almost any game i loved on older systems with 8-bit music hehe