Best pc for $1000?

Hello! I need serious people to help with me out here. I no nothing about PC's so I need some assistance.

Budget: $1,075 USD (For PC alone)

Games I want to run: Rainbow 6 Siege, Dead by Daylight, Fortnite, Minecraft (Will also be editing and rendering videos)

Give me a PC part picker list with the best I can for my budget. I want good frame rates and good graphics. No overpriced parts. I don't care about looks that much, so if it is not necessary cut it out but I would like to have just a bit of RGB. I already have my peripherals, but I would like to know a good 144hz monitor I can buy for under $200. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, bitpoke said:

here is a pretty good PC with a ryzen 7 and 1 tb of nvme and 4 tb of hard drive.

What? NO DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

15 minutes ago, bitpoke said:

here is a pretty good PC with a ryzen 7 and 1 tb of nvme and 4 tb of hard drive.

the case and PSU are quite terrible, and that's a really vast amount of storage and ram, much more than is needed. You could get a current gen CPU instead, since OP specified 144Hz gaming. Also a newer motherboard to accept 5th gen CPUs once they come out.

@CashTheOriginal you might want a Ryzen 5 5600X when it comes out, for an additional $100 it's quite the performance boost. You could also save some money if you like, with this case

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330

I've built in it a lot and it's very economical, with lots of space and good airflow.

as for monitors, compare on pcpartpicker as you like:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#D=120000,280000&sort=price&page=1

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

24 minutes ago, CashTheOriginal said:

Hello! I need serious people to help with me out here. I no nothing about PC's so I need some assistance.

Budget: $1,075 USD (For PC alone)

Games I want to run: Rainbow 6 Siege, Dead by Daylight, Fortnite, Minecraft (Will also be editing and rendering videos)

Give me a PC part picker list with the best I can for my budget. I want good frame rates and good graphics. No overpriced parts. I don't care about looks that much, so if it is not necessary cut it out but I would like to have just a bit of RGB. I already have my peripherals, but I would like to know a good 144hz monitor I can buy for under $200. Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend purchasing a components for a PC currently. New components that will match your budget are coming out very soon, Like the RTX 3070, Perhaps the 3070 super, and RDNA 2 equivalents, not to mention AMD is coming out with new CPUs. I'd reccomend waiting T'll Q1-Q2 2021 (January-late spring-ish)  to buy. here's a rough list (Some of the components I'm not sure about, some should be switched out when new ones come):

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $94.99 @ B&H
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory $57.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $57.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Antec NeoECO Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $86.98 @ Newegg
Custom RTX 3070 $499.99
Custom Ryzen 5 5600 $200.00
Custom Lian Li lancool 215 mesh $75.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $1072.94
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-14 19:55 EDT-0400  

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

the case and PSU are quite terrible, and that's a really vast amount of storage and ram, much more than is needed. You could get a current gen CPU instead, since OP specified 144Hz gaming. Also a newer motherboard to accept 5th gen CPUs once they come out.

@CashTheOriginal you might want a Ryzen 5 5600X when it comes out, for an additional $100 it's quite the performance boost. You could also save some money if you like, with this case

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/vYp323/cougar-mx330-atx-mid-tower-case-mx330

I've built in it a lot and it's very economical, with lots of space and good airflow.

Fair enough, but you could always go for a MB311L, since the mobo is Matx, or the Lancool 215, and it'd be cheaper than the Meshify-c, Or the p400a digital or...or... lol, and the storage isn't the greatest, so I beileve I'd go for something like an mx500. 

22 minutes ago, bitpoke said:

Mate, Just- Pl- What's going on here? Why are you spending so much on storage? Why the 2700x? Why a $26 case and a $40 PSU? 

25 minutes ago, bitpoke said:

EWWWWWW NOOOOOO!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! A ALMOST 2GEN OLD CPU AND A D3SH  IN A 1K BUILD?!?!?!??!?!

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

LoL welcome to the forum @bitpoke, where one wrong build suggestion will have you constantly called out even though everyone can clearly see you've already been corrected not once, not twice but probably 5 or 6 times already 9_9

@CashTheOriginal The build @Fasauceome came up with is probably one of the best you can do now (though, just because they moved up to numbering it as the 5000 series, doesn't mean it's 5th gen ;) You don't magically skip the 4th iteration), I'd really wait until Black Friday. It's just around the corner, and you'll be able to fit some better parts in there for the same budget. I also recommend buying a used GPU, like a 1070, 580 etc, and grabbing one of the upcoming new GPUs when they come out. Alternatively, you could off all together like @Brok3n But who cares? suggested, if you have something you're currently using.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

the reason i went with a 2700x ryen 9 is because it was good price for a 8 core and 16 thread and it is good for fortnite needs the cors it is the same price as a ryzen 3 current gen.

1 minute ago, bitpoke said:

the reason i went with a 2700x ryen 9 is because it was good price for a 8 core and 16 thread and it is good for fortnite needs the cors it is the same price as a ryzen 3 current gen.

fn doesnt need cores. it likes single. the 3000 cpus have a much better single, and a r5 3600 (which costs like 14$ less) will trounce it. If a lst gen PCU is the same price as current gen, you dont get the last gen lol. and if a 5600x is commig out, at 19% better core for core, you should get that.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

though, just because they moved up to numbering it as the 5000 series, doesn't mean it's 5th gen ;) You don't magically skip the 4th iteration)

4700G and the like, OEM only (as of now) but still a generation

1 hour ago, bitpoke said:

in my expenses fn needs cores

Your experience seems to be different from all the tech reviewers out there.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

30 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Those are based on 3rd gen tech. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Those are based on 3rd gen tech. 

Yeah but the 3200G is third gen right? And the 2200G is second gen?

But if it's based on the architecture, is the 3000G a first gen part?

Since AMD doesn't use the word "generation" in an official capacity the rules are pretty fast and loose. I use the first number because the BIOS compatibility is also decided by that (with the exception of 3rd gen APUs on B550 and A520 motherboards) but the "X000 series" name is a more apt description if it's important to differentiate

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Dual Gaming OC Video Card  ($409.94 @ Office Depot) 
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1035.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-14 22:00 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 hours ago, bitpoke said:

1. the 2700x is a ryzen 7 lol. the 2700x is the same price as a ryzen 5 3600, and I would't compare by doing that. An i7-2700k get's it's ass kicked by a ryzen 5 5600x, even though tehnically it's a i7 vs a i5 (equivilent). This is just a basic breakdown, but I assume you're new. Please, Take some time, Get into the community, and learn how components work with eachother, and all that.

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah but the 3200G is third gen right? And the 2200G is second gen?

But if it's based on the architecture, is the 3000G a first gen part?

Since AMD doesn't use the word "generation" in an official capacity the rules are pretty fast and loose. I use the first number because the BIOS compatibility is also decided by that (with the exception of 3rd gen APUs on B550 and A520 motherboards) but the "X000 series" name is a more apt description if it's important to differentiate

Technically no. They never had a 1200G, I don't think.

It's just their numbering system is completely illogical.

A generation would be an iteration of the Ryzen processor. Therefore, the 4000 series is the third generation (2200 first, 3200 second, etc). It's also based on the third generation Ryzen architecture.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Your experience seems to be different from all the tech reviewers out there.

Userbench maybe? And some random yt'er with 100 subs?

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Dual Gaming OC Video Card  ($409.94 @ Office Depot) 
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($45.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1035.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-14 22:00 EDT-0400

Good build, but you could save some money on the ram, and spend it on the case, and how come a 2060S? Isn't it one of the worst value cards out there? I mean used 1080ti's, used 2080/2070 supers, 5700xt, Ampere, and RDNA2 are all there to compete with it 

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Technically no. They never had a 1200G, I don't think.

It's just their numbering system is completely illogical.

A generation would be an iteration of the Ryzen processor. Therefore, the 4000 series is the third generation (2200 first, 3200 second, etc). It's also based on the third generation Ryzen architecture.

I don't think I've ever heard someone call a 2200G a first gen Ryzen cpu to be honest

Primary PC:

16 hours ago, dizmo said:

LoL welcome to the forum _______ where one wrong build suggestion will have you constantly called out even though everyone can clearly see you've already been corrected not once, not twice but probably 5 or 6 times already 9_9

Well, Apparentally he doesn't hear it. Just check out his feed ._.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't think I've ever heard someone call a 2200G a first gen Ryzen cpu to be honest

Was there a 1000 series APU?

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Well, Apparentally he doesn't here it. Just check out his feed ._.

Haha, I was going to say he's probably 12. I was off by a year. He's only 13.

His PC building business thread was quite the read.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler