Which is better the ryzen 5000 (cheapest version) or intel i7 9700k

There are no benchmarks, only guessing right now.
Likely 5600X is faster though.

I edit my posts more often than not

unless it's really, really cheap you should avoid 9th gen intel. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Hi Fasauceome! Its on sale for 292 on amazon its a steal ngl should I show screensots of my cart

BLACK FRIDAY IS DISCOUNTING PARTS ON AMAZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGG I kinda feel like that they would have said the ryzen 5000 cheapest version is stronger than the i7 9700k 

Not really a steal when the i5-10600k is cheaper

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

1 minute ago, Ralf said:

Not really a steal when the i5-10600k is cheaper

But the i7 preforms better

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

You have a Z390 motherboard with a locked CPU, the 10600K performs better

You have a horrific cooler that will gimp the CPU a ton.

Maybe look at something like this:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You have a Z390 motherboard with a locked CPU, the 10600K performs better

Maybe look at something like this:

wat do u think of the corsair one wat motherboard should I get tho

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yup, thats strange thet people buy such stuff.

But I'd recommend 1/3 of DRP4 price cooler - Gelid Phantom (Black)

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yup, thats strange thet people buy such stuff.

But I'd recommend 1/3 of DRP4 price cooler - Gelid Phantom (Black)

Yah, I had the DRP4 in there and forgot to swap it out as it's completely overkill for a 3600 :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

The 9700k is thread limited. It only has 8 threads, which is the same number my 6 year old 4790k had. In games out NOW the 9700k does fine in all but one or two games where its lack of hyperthreading hurts it, but for future games it will almost certainly be an issue. Even now if you want to multitask or stream while gaming it could be an issue. Even worse I dont think the z490 mobo is compatible with a 9700k, which means u have no upgrade path. 

The 10600k is a much better buy and probably performs slightly better in most games and probably OC's better. A 5600x would also probably be better in the long run. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

4 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

wat do u think of the corsair one wat motherboard should I get tho

The 4000D? I love mine.

If you're getting a locked CPU then you could get a B or H series motherboard, or swap to a K series sku but as stated before the 10600K would be a better investment at this point.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, maizenblue said:

The 9700k is thread limited. It only has 8 threads, which is the same number my 6 year old 4790k had. In games out NOW the 9700k does fine in all but one or two games where its lack of hyperthreading hurts it, but for future games it will almost certainly be an issue. Even now if you want to multitask or stream while gaming it could be an issue. Even worse I dont think the z490 mobo is compatible with a 9700k, which means u have no upgrade path. 

The 10600k is a much better buy and probably performs slightly better in most games and probably OC's better. A 5600x would also probably be better in the long run. 

which is best for fortnite and minecraft

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

The 4000D? I love mine.

If you're getting a locked CPU then you could get a B or H series motherboard, or swap to a K series sku but as stated before the 10600K would be a better investment at this point.

ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming (Wi-Fi) LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) how abt that

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming (Wi-Fi) LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) how abt that

don't go with intel unless you can get an i7 for about $200.

also, didn't you make a thread earlier saying you were gonna build a PC for under $1000?

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

The i5 only has 6 cores

6 cores, 12 threads vs the i7's 8 cores 8 threads.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

which is best for fortnite and minecraft

That I dont know. You could look up comparative benchmarks on youtube. I would imagine a 10600k performs about the same or better than a 9700k in addition to being more future proof. CPU's dont effect performance as much as GPU's in gaming UNLESS you have a clearly inadequate CPU, which can wreck a gaming experience. All the CPUs you mentioned are more than adequate though to not hamper the experience and are overkill for those games. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Just now, Fasauceome said:

don't go with intel unless you can get an i7 for about $200.

also, didn't you make a thread earlier saying you were gonna build a PC for under $1000?

I realized that black friday is going to make pc parts cheaper so I can go with the i7 and theres a discount

Just now, maizenblue said:

That I dont know. You could look up comparative benchmarks on youtube. I would imagine a 10600k performs about the same as a 9700k in addition to being more future proof. CPU's dont effect performance as much as GPU's in gaming UNLESS you have a clearly inadequate CPU, which can wreck a gaming experience. All the CPUs you mentioned are more than adequate though to not hamper the experience and are overkill for those games. 

Thats wat i did and the i7 performed better

Just now, progamer21 said:

I realized that black friday is going to make pc parts cheaper so I can go with the i7 and theres a discount

You're not even going for the 9700K to allow for overclocking.....

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

You're not even going for the 9700K to allow for overclocking.....

am now got a h series mb

The discount will not be nearly enough for you in this case. That parts list will be like $20 cheaper at best. Gaming pc parts rarely go on sale for black friday.

Thats wat i did and the i7 performed better

There are loads of fake benchmarks on youtube. Did you look up some performance reviews from people like gamers nexus?

Also, you are cut off from future upgrades if you get the i7-9700k instead of the i5-10600k

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The discount will not be nearly enough for you in this case. That parts list will be like $20 cheaper at best. Gaming pc parts rarely go on sale for black friday.

There are loads of fake benchmarks on youtube. Did you look up some performance reviews from people like gamers nexus?

Also, you are cut off from future upgrades if you get the i7-9700k instead of the i5-10600k

the channel is called testing games with 377k subs