Which is better the ryzen 5000 (cheapest version) or intel i7 9700k

1 hour ago, bigmac999 said:

The cheapest Ryzen would still be better since the platform can be upgraded to even an overkill 16 core part

is the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor better than the new 5600x???

9 hours ago, progamer21 said:

is the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor better than the new 5600x???

We don't have the numbers yet. If AMD is telling the truth about their performance gains, the 5600X is the no brainer for a new gaming PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 hours ago, progamer21 said:

Based on what we know so far, the 5600X will likely be better for gaming, while the 3700X and 3800X will be better for video editing and productivity.

We still don't have independent benchmarks for the 5600X, though, so it's best to just wait for that.

12 hours ago, vortextech77 said:

What a fanboy

LoL, tbh intels good for overclocking

15 hours ago, ausham said:

Ohh, well I do have a x299 system with a 9800x.

Love my system with the 9800X. I wouldn't recommend Intel's HEDT to anyone nowadays with AMD giving a better price/performance and more cores over Intel currently. 

To the OP: Wait another month until reviews come out on AMD's 5000 series of processors and decide whether you want to purchase them or the previous generation (3000 series). Also, don't wait a long time or you will be waiting forever for the next big thing. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

Based on what we know so far, the 5600X will likely be better for gaming, while the 3700X and 3800X will be better for video editing and productivity.

We still don't have independent benchmarks for the 5600X, though, so it's best to just wait for that.

omg sooo halpful

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

We don't have the numbers yet. If AMD is telling the truth about their performance gains, the 5600X is the no brainer for a new gaming PC.

ya im kinda scared bc they didnt show off that the 5600x is better than intel 9700k

13 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

ya im kinda scared bc they didnt show off that the 5600x is better than intel 9700k

because the 9700K isn't relevant right now, they would have showed it compared to the 10600K because that's what it's priced against in the current market. any changes to the 9700K would not make the 5600X change in price.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

because the 9700K isn't relevant right now, they would have showed it compared to the 10600K because that's what it's priced against in the current market. any changes to the 9700K would not make the 5600X change in price.

o ya lol true they didnt say anything about the 5600x being better than the 10600k tho

11 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

o ya lol true they didnt say anything about the 5600x being better than the 10600k tho

they only showcased some perf numbers for their high end stuff, like usual

that's why everyone says "wait for reviews" before buying.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

they only showcased some perf numbers for their high end stuff, like usual

that's why everyone says "wait for reviews" before buying.

ya 

Should I wait until the rtx 2060 super is cheaper and get that or wait until they make another gpu fortnite is getting really demanding

19 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

Should I wait until the rtx 2060 super is cheaper and get that or wait until they make another gpu fortnite is getting really demanding

whatever "RTX 3060" that nvidia is cooking up would be better performance at the same price. AMD might have some killer competition too, Fortnite is one of their main performance goals of improvement.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

whatever "RTX 3060" that nvidia is cooking up would be better performance at the same price. AMD might have some killer competition too, Fortnite is one of their main performance goals of improvement.

will it have that cool geforce rtx logo lol looks so vicious and cool

I kinda think the 9700k unlocked will be a better choice bc it has a better boost and base clock i just dk if i can upgrade anything 

also how long will it take for the hype and everyone buying the 5600x

On 10/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Love my system with the 9800X. I wouldn't recommend Intel's HEDT to anyone nowadays with AMD giving a better price/performance and more cores over Intel currently. 

It is a good cpu. Microcenter had a rather big sale on them last spring and  were selling pre 10th gen x299 CPUs far under msrp.

19 minutes ago, ausham said:

It is a good cpu. Microcenter had a rather big sale on them last spring and  were selling pre 10th gen x299 CPUs far under msrp.

btw my graphics card is going to be the 5700xt thicc ultra actually nvm im getting the 3070 when the prices r low

2 hours ago, ausham said:

Damn that's a pretty good deal, I'll keep my eye out on their 10th gen as there are a couple located at my closest Micro Center, went as far as adding to my wish list. 

2 hours ago, progamer21 said:

btw my graphics card is going to be the 5700xt thicc ultra actually nvm im getting the 3070 when the prices r low

Patience grasshopper, and the reward will pay off over time. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

23 hours ago, progamer21 said:

I kinda think the 9700k unlocked will be a better choice bc it has a better boost and base clock i just dk if i can upgrade anything 

also how long will it take for the hype and everyone buying the 5600x

How long do you plan on keeping this CPU? This is the biggest problem with the 9700k. Its a great gaming CPU at the moment so long as you arent streaming or have a ton of apps running while u game. The issue is what kind of a gaming CPU will it be 2 or 3 years from now. That's where its lack of hyperthreading could handicap it. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

4 minutes ago, maizenblue said:

How long do you plan on keeping this CPU? This is the biggest problem with the 9700k. Its a great gaming CPU at the moment so long as you arent streaming or have a ton of apps running while u game. The issue is what kind of a gaming CPU will it be 2 or 3 years from now. That's where its lack of hyperthreading could handicap it. 

nvm im getting 5600x with rtx 3070 : D

22 hours ago, progamer21 said:

nvm im getting 5600x with rtx 3070 : D

Now witch is it?

On 10/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, Tan3l6 said:

Yup, thats strange thet people buy such stuff.

But I'd recommend 1/3 of DRP4 price cooler - Gelid Phantom (Black)

I actually purchased that cooler master cooler for my daughter's i3 mainly because she thought it was pretty.

But iirc I paid less than $20 for it.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

33 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

I actually purchased that cooler master cooler for my daughter's i3 mainly because she thought it was pretty.

But iirc I paid less than $20 for it.

i71C RGB?  I guess it might cool some i3-s, at least to the point of no thermal throttling.

I edit my posts more often than not

5 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

i71C RGB?  I guess it might cool some i3-s, at least to the point of no thermal throttling.

She's 7 by the way

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x