Which is better the ryzen 5000 (cheapest version) or intel i7 9700k

Just now, ausham said:

Ohh, well I do have a x299 system with a 9800x. So if I wanted to play a newer game I could. I just don't like new games. So I use the x58 system since I can dual boot Winxp witch is more compatible with some older games.

what do u do in those old games

6 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

what do u do in those old games

Honestly I have almost 200 games on the system now. The grate thing about older games is that they take up very little space.

I mostly play Lord's of magic, a turn based strategy game and MechWarrior 2 witch is a mech combat game. Both games that do not like newer computers.

Just now, ausham said:

Honestly I have almost 200 games on the system now. The grate thing about older games is that they take up very little space.

I mostly play Lord's of magic, a turn based strategy game and MechWarrior 2 witch is a mech combat game. Both game that do not like newer computers.e

holy crow thats a lot of games they sound fun

1 minute ago, progamer21 said:

holy crow thats a lot of games they sound fun

Some can be, most I never play. I don't really ever have time to play games much anymore since I'm never home.

21 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

ikr the 9700k is 292 and might be better than the 5600x

You keep saying that you found a 9700k for $292. You did not. You found a 9700, which is not unlocked.

1 minute ago, ausham said:

Some can be, most I never play. I don't really ever have time to play games much anymore since I'm never home.

oh why r ent u at home bc of the pandemic

1 minute ago, Pooky said:

You keep saying that you found a 9700k for $292. You did not. You found a 9700, which is not unlocked.

oh but im not getting it anyway

oh why r ent u at home bc of the pandemic

Nothing says I have to stay home tbh.  Work has been far more busyer lately too. On top of that I live with my mother who is has psychosis and borderline schizophrenia witch makes staying at home challenging even though I should be home for her given her mental health. She off her meds too so yeah that's makes it fun.  

31 minutes ago, ausham said:

If you don't mind me asking, why?

no upgrade path, performance is only slightly better than 3000 series Ryzen. An i7-9700 and 8700 should be considered at the price point of an i5-10600K or lower, cause that's what they stack up against.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

no upgrade path, performance is only slightly better than 3000 series Ryzen. An i7-9700 and 8700 should be considered at the price point of an i5-10600K or lower, cause that's what they stack up against.

wow gr8 explanation makes a lot of sense but for my build wat do u think I should upgrade my gpu is good the 2060 psu is fine be quiet one 600 watts and 500 gb storage (i wont play many games at most 3 or 4) 240 hz monitor, asus rog strix motherboard, and im going to get the 5600x for my cpu.

8 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

wow gr8 explanation makes a lot of sense but for my build wat do u think I should upgrade my gpu is good the 2060 psu is fine be quiet one 600 watts and 500 gb storage (i wont play many games at most 3 or 4) 240 hz monitor, asus rog strix motherboard, and im going to get the 5600x for my cpu.

Strix stuff is pretty overpriced in my opinion, there are some really affordable options that can sustain even a 12 core CPU easily. like that Aorus board I recommended earlier, you get a solid upgrade path but you could improve it more if you wanted.

Consider this, with Ryzen 5 5th gen:

It's got a really nice power supply, you could probably wait on the GPU to see if something good comes out for the low end (trust me, 2 or so months from now might be an amazing time to build a PC), and a case with good looks and decent airflow.

Although, if I remember right, you were trying to convince your parents to let you buy. Isn't getting as far below $1000 as you can better? You might want to start with a Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300X and GTX 1660 super, then save money for an upgrade in the future. Prove that you can spend money smart AND have a plan for when you need better hardware, saving you money in the long run.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Strix stuff is pretty overpriced in my opinion, there are some really affordable options that can sustain even a 12 core CPU easily. like that Aorus board I recommended earlier, you get a solid upgrade path but you could improve it more if you wanted.

Consider this, with Ryzen 5 5th gen:

It's got a really nice power supply, you could probably wait on the GPU to see if something good comes out for the low end (trust me, 2 or so months from now might be an amazing time to build a PC), and a case with good looks and decent airflow.

Although, if I remember right, you were trying to convince your parents to let you buy. Isn't getting as far below $1000 as you can better? You might want to start with a Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300X and GTX 1660 super, then save money for an upgrade in the future. Prove that you can spend money smart AND have a plan for when you need better hardware, saving you money in the long run.

how expensive will this "amazing" gpu cost

how expensive will this "amazing" gpu cost

What I think you should keep an eye out for is the $250 to $300 price point. A new release around there is bound to have some stunning value this generation.

The only solid value cards we got from Nvidia this generation were the 1660 super, and the 2070 after price cuts. Everything else was "okay" at best.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

What I think you should keep an eye out for is the $250 to $300 price point. A new release around there is bound to have some stunning value this generation.

The only solid value cards we got from Nvidia this generation were the 1660 super, and the 2070 after price cuts. Everything else was "okay" at best.

isnt the 2060 already good

isnt the 2060 already good

Again, it's "okay." Not really great but it's not terrible if you get it for 1080p. Though, for 240Hz refresh rate it's pretty weak.

My cart rn on amazon without the cpu with the monitor is $1,144.81

Doesn't that seem a little high?

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Again, it's "okay." Not really great but it's not terrible if you get it for 1080p. Though, for 240Hz refresh rate it's pretty weak.

k how long is it till the next gpu btw my parents r convinced!

2 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

k how long is it till the next gpu btw my parents r convinced!

We don't have a set release date for mid range cards, I just encourage patience because we're right in the middle of exciting releases.

Instead of buying now, watch the tech news and see what we are getting. You can compare for yourself to get the best value for your dollar. 

Also, make sure you are aware of any stock issues that might happen. You're not guaranteed to get a Ryzen 5 5600X as soon as it's released to the market, because everyone will want one. Expect to have this PC completed sometime around the holiday, maybe even after. If it happens earlier, great. But might not 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

We don't have a set release date for mid range cards, I just encourage patience because we're right in the middle of exciting releases.

Instead of buying now, watch the tech news and see what we are getting. You can compare for yourself to get the best value for your dollar. 

Also, make sure you are aware of any stock issues that might happen. You're not guaranteed to get a Ryzen 5 5600X as soon as it's released to the market, because everyone will want one. Expect to have this PC completed sometime around the holiday, maybe even after. If it happens earlier, great. But might not 

do u think if I order it like a minute after its released ill get it?

36 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Honestly if one goes Intel one shouldn't expect a good upgrade path these days on mainstream parts. I get the price part though better is out there at the same price point. But second hand market can be a gold mind at times. I got my gigabyte x299 board for $30 off eBay since no one bid on it.

12 minutes ago, progamer21 said:

do u think if I order it like a minute after its released ill get it?

Possibly. If you want the CPU real bad you should try, but people are probably gonna have some payment bots set up or something.

If they sell out super fast, and people start reselling them for jacked up prices like right now with the Nvidia cards, just don't buy and wait until the stock fills back up for normal prices 

2 minutes ago, ausham said:

Honestly if one goes Intel one shouldn't expect a upgrade path these days. I get the price part though.

I mean, technically 11th gen is coming (even if that is expected to be another 14nm design)

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Possibly. If you want the CPU real bad you should try, but people are probably gonna have some payment bots set up or something.

If they sell out super fast, and people start reselling them for jacked up prices like right now with the Nvidia cards, just don't buy and wait until the stock fills back up for normal prices 

I mean, technically 11th gen is coming (even if that is expected to be another 14nm design)

I'm not to knowledgeable on AMD these days, but if he can use a dirt cheap older CPU it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one temporary since the stock of new parts have been a little unstable to scalpers these days. He would at least be able it get the system up and running wile he waits for the new CPUs be become more available.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

how do I set up bots

8 hours ago, Pndude1000 said:

FIRST OF ALL... INTELS 11TH GEN SUCKS. Amd 5000 series has 32mb cache compared to intels measly 12MB cache (i7 vs ryzen 7)... 

What a fanboy

The cheapest Ryzen would still be better since the platform can be upgraded to even an overkill 16 core part

MAIN PC: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X@4.4GHz, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 WiFi, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO@3600Mhz, Gigabyte Radeon RX5700XT Gaming OC, Creative Soundblaster Z, 2x 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, 256GB Kingston KC600, 480GB Crucial BX500, 2x 2TB WD Blue, 2x 1TB WD Blue, 250GB Kingston A2000 , Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PLATINUM SE, Corsair HX1050, Corsair Carbide 500R
2ND PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X@4.3GHz, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3733Mhz, Sapphire Radeon RX580 Nitro+ 8GB, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 2x 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 480GB Kingston A400, 2TB WD Blue, 2TB WD Green, 256GB XPG SX6000 Pro, Corsair Hydro H100i RGB PRO XT, Silverstone ST65F-GS, Corsair Carbide 275R TG
3RD PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X@4.3GHz, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3466Mhz, Gigabyte Radeon RX570 OC, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 2x 250GB Crucial MX500, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x WD Blue 1TB, 256GB Micron M600, ID Cooling Frostflow 240, Corsair VS650, NZXT H510
4TH PC: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X@4.2GHz, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WiFi, 32GB XPG Spectrix D60@3466Mhz, Sapphire Radeon RX470 Nitro, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 512GB ADATA SU800, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x 1TB WD Blue, 256GB Micron M600, ID Cooling Frostflow 240, Silverstone ST50F-ES, Deepcool Matrexx 55
5TH PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.2GHz, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO@3200Mhz, Asus ROG Strix RX570 OC, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 512GB ADATA SU800, 1TB WD Blue, 240GB PNY CS900, Scythe Mugen 5 ARGB Plus, Silverstone ST50F-ES, Gaming Freak 4G-TFlux
WORK PC: AMD Ryzen 3 3100@4.3GHz, Asrock B450M Steel Legend, 32GB PNY XLR8@3200MHz, Sapphire RX470 Platinum Edition, 2x 500GB Kingston A2000, 500GB Crucial MX500, 
256GB Kingston KC600, 250GB Crucial MX500, 256GB ADATA SU800, 512GB ADATA SU800, 240GB ADATA SU650, AMD Wraith Prism, Thermaltake Litepower 450W, Xigmatek Nemesis M

ITX HTPC: Intel I3-9100F, Asrock H310CM-ITX, 16GB PNY XLR8@2400MHz, MSI GTX1650 Super Ventus OC, 250GB Kingston A2000, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 256GB Kingston KC600, 256GB Micron M600, 240GB ADATA SU650, ID Cooling IS-50 MAX RGB, Thermaltake Litepower 450W, Cooler Master Elite 110A
Acer Nitro 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 16GB Kingston 3200MHz, Nvidia GTX1650, 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro, 512GB WD SN530, 500GB Crucial MX500

MSI PE60: Intel i7-5700HQ, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz, Nvidia GTX960m, 512GB ADATA SU800, 500GB Transcend SSD220Q
Alienware M17xR4: Intel i7-3940XM@4.5GHz, 24GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz, Nvidia GTX980m, 960GB Crucial M500, 750GB WD Black

TRUENAS: Intel I7-3770K@4.5GHz, Asus Z77 V-Pro, 32GB Corsair Vengeance@2400MHZ, Sapphire RX470 Platinum Edition, 240GB PNY CS900, 480GB WD Green, 120GB WD Green, 240GB Patriot Burst, 2x 4TB WD Red, 2x 2TB WD Blue, 1TB WD Black, Cooler Master MA410M, Thermaltake Litepower 550W