ULTIMATE Water Cooled Gaming Chair!!

ColinLTT

@ColinLTT @LinusTech I wonder if this would work better (not that it wasn't already doing well) with a rectangular tubing? It would allow for more surface area of the seat to transfer energy away from the body.

This would be an example, and the company in the link would be able to make custom sized tubing.

Just a thought, if y'all ever wanted to do another iteration of this chair!

54 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

But you have floatplane and bronze? 

BS detector: high.

Don't like Google detector: Also high.

Really? This is @Den-Fi we're talking about here and you're using "but you have floatplane and bronze" as evidence that he has money😂

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Really? This is @Den-Fi we're talking about here and you're using "but you have floatplane and bronze" as evidence that he has money😂

I looked at his profile. How is he a "new user" ? like, its been 3 years since he joined. Ive been on for <1 year, and im a veteran

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I looked at his profile. How is he a "new user" ? like, its been 3 years since he joined. Ive been on for <1 year, and im a veteran

Let me do you a favor, follow him. You'll see why I'm saying what I'm saying😂

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Let me do you a favor, follow him. You'll see why I'm saying what I'm saying😂

shhhhhh! I have no money and my laptop is slow plz halp me win ROG RIG REBOOT 2020!

12 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

He just joined the forum, what are you talking about

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

In regards to efficiency.
I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a regular AC has better overall efficiency for the typical room.
Since Peltier coolers have a laughably small coefficient of work. Yes, it does pump heat, but not a lot compared to how much power it needs for it.... (except for really small temperature deltas, then it can be rather decent.)

Though, Peltiers are wonderful for sub ambient cooling, and temperature regulation of "low powered" devices.
Typical examples would be to thermally regulate laser diodes, or to cool CCD sensors in various low light applications. Both rather niche things to say the least.

I can though see a valid use of a Pilteir for applications where a phase change cooler is simply too bulky, or noisy to be practical. Like on this chair, or a 12 volt mini fridge, or an aquarium cooler. All things that wouldn't need a ton of cooling to work decently.

Though, the main reason I myself wouldn't just rely on this over an AC, is that a warm room radiates more heat than a cold room. And this alone can make for a rather noticeable difference to perceived air temperature. (Though, to be fair, an AC isn't remotely the best way to make a room colder, better insulation and more mindful ventilation is usually more efficient, as well as "proper" building practices. Most houses aren't remotely efficient to be fair...)

Well, I was thinking, you watercoold the chair but could it be possible to include a computer inside the chair?

It might be an interesting solution for cable management. 

Don't you think?