Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 hour ago, VirusDumb said:

It's not "Bharata", it's "Bharat" there's no a in the end, it's just भारत, Bharata sounds like भरता, which is a dish made from eggplants, and many foreigners pronounce the country as the dish, which would be considered inappropriate and insulting if done in India, and yes there are 3 terms for India and even the natives use them interchangeably, and there are over 22 languages in India and people in India have different accents from one region to another, so "India"(इंडिया) is the most common name used along side "Bharat" which originates from the Sanskrit word for India "भारतवर्ष" and then "Hindustan" (हिन्दुस्तान), is also used by natives, it means "Hindu's land" which is kind of wrong and non inclusive since India is a secular country but yes, people still use it.

So I'd say it's better to use the term which is easy to not mispronounce than make a fool out of yourself by calling a country an eggplant dish

Reminds me of a very old joke about an Asian meeting his Caucasian coworker for the first time.  The white guy asks "so...what kind of 'ese' are you?  Chinese, Japanese or Javanese?"

The Asian guy responds, "I am Taiwanese.  What kind of "key" are you?  Yankee, Donkey or Turkey?"

2 hours ago, IPD said:

Reminds me of a very old joke about an Asian meeting his Caucasian coworker for the first time.  The white guy asks "so...what kind of 'ese' are you?  Chinese, Japanese or Javanese?"

The Asian guy responds, "I am Taiwanese.  What kind of "key" are you?  Yankee, Donkey or Turkey?"

Ya man, what I am saying, because of my accent when I say Deutsch it sounds like "Douche" same case for foreigners pronouncing Bharat as bharta, this would be a major problem if exonyms get outlawed

Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam are highly overrated, everyone liked them because there just wasn't much else at the time.

23 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam are highly overrated, everyone liked them because there just wasn't much else at the time.

So was Nirvana--Grohl being the only redeeming part of that band.

@VirusDumb

Is the "Oy" sound unpronounceable in your native tongue?  Or is it the "Ch" sound?  I'm genuinely curious.  I fully recognize that I am not equipped to pronounce "ngqothwane".  So I do realize there are some upper limits to what is possible.

2 hours ago, IPD said:

@VirusDumb

Is the "Oy" sound unpronounceable in your native tongue?  Or is it the "Ch" sound?  I'm genuinely curious.  I fully recognize that I am not equipped to pronounce "ngqothwane".  So I do realize there are some upper limits to what is possible.

This comment made me wonder as to the national origin of H.P Lovecraft

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

AMD is dramatically more crashy than intel is on all games

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

1 minute ago, Daethz said:

Never had any issues with my 2600x. Ive had issues with AMD GPU's in the past but nothing lately. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Never had any issues with my 2600x. Ive had issues with AMD GPU's in the past but nothing lately. 

practically zero game crashes with my old i7 9700k, been getting ctd's all the time with my 5950x

To the point where I think my next pc will likely be a intel.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

I kinda hope small form factor machines like the Steam Deck, GDP hand helds or even that ASUS Windows gaming tablet catch on. I think there is a market there and while I dont expect ultra 4K gaming out of something like that, I think it could be cool for doing stuff on the go. 

I was looking at that Asus tablet (ROG Flow Z13) not long ago. The only issue is the price. If it was a bit less I probably would consider this. I have a gaming desktop that I use most of the time. But on occasion I wouldn't mind being able to play some of my games on the go. For example if I end up going out to Colorado to visit my friend, we are both PC gamers and having something like this could come in handy for when we play ARK or Valheim or maybe Golf with your Friends. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 hours ago, IPD said:

@VirusDumb

it's the oy, when i say it, it just comes out as O, making it "dosch"

5 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Dream is a bad person.

it's not an unpopular opinion

5 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

it's not an unpopular opinion

The only “dream” I know of is a character in Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman”.  I would agree that the character isn’t very good at being a person, but I wouldn’t call him “bad” exactly.  Could be someone else though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 hour work days are better than 8 hour work days.

Team Blue. http://Intel.com. Disclosure, I work for Intel but my comments and opinions do not represent the opinions of the company.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The only “dream” I know of is a character in Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman”.  I would agree that the character isn’t very good at being a person, but I wouldn’t call him “bad” exactly.  Could be someone else though.

we're talking about the minecraft playing guy, whom some kids call a comfort streamer
(definition of comfort streamer from urban dictionary :-an infantilizing concept created as of recently that didn't exist prior to the weird dream stans. a comfort streamer is a streamer that the audience doesn't view as a person trying to make an income creating content and rather as a streamer who exists primarily to comfort the viewers bc they are depressed and sad. basically, a bad alternative to therapy.)

1 hour ago, Luke_Shystalker said:

Elaborate?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

36 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Elaborate?

I work 3 12s and have off 3 days 1 week and the next I work 4 12s and have 4 days off. I prefer that over working 5 days a week and only having 2 days off.

Team Blue. http://Intel.com. Disclosure, I work for Intel but my comments and opinions do not represent the opinions of the company.

Mods delete please.

Edited by Luke_Shystalker
Dupe post

1 hour ago, VirusDumb said:

we're talking about the minecraft playing guy, whom some kids call a comfort streamer
(definition of comfort streamer from urban dictionary :-an infantilizing concept created as of recently that didn't exist prior to the weird dream stans. a comfort streamer is a streamer that the audience doesn't view as a person trying to make an income creating content and rather as a streamer who exists primarily to comfort the viewers bc they are depressed and sad. basically, a bad alternative to therapy.)

Ah.  So he’s giving bad advice then?  I wonder how well his statements dovetail with Scientology.  They use a lot of debunked 1950s era Russian school psychiatry. 

2 hours ago, Luke_Shystalker said:

You may change your opinion of that as you age.  I used to think so too but I had a lot of energy.  Statistics say that production wise for many things the difference between an 8hour and 12 hour workday is near zero and is sometimes negative.  There’s actually a fairly strong argument where the production element in some means a 6 hour workday makes more sense. Basically it depends on age and what the work is.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You may change your opinion of that as you age.  I used to think so too but I had a lot of energy.  Statistics say that production wise for many things the difference between an 8hour and 12 hour workday is near zero and is sometimes negative.  There’s actually a fairly strong argument where the production element in some means a 6 hour workday makes more sense. Basically it depends on age and what the work is.

It depends on the line of work to though, im in the fab 12 hours a day, not busting my ass doing physical work. Im 40 and id rather do this than an 8 hour job that demands physical labor. 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah.  So he’s giving bad advice then?  I wonder how well his statements dovetail with Scientology.  They use a lot of debunked 1950s era Russian school psychiatry. 

I wish it was just bad advice.

elephants

2 hours ago, Luke_Shystalker said:

It depends on the line of work to though, im in the fab 12 hours a day, not busting my ass doing physical work. Im 40 and id rather do this than an 8 hour job that demands physical labor. 

Mental and physical stamina are both in limited supply.  What the work is and line of work mean the same thing though.

19 hours ago, Daethz said:

It does need to have its firmware more often. If one doesn’t do that there can be problems. In general that reportedly more or less completely stopped being an issue with zen3, though zen1 had serious memory persnicketyness issues.  This sounds like it may be out of date.