which video are you watching right now?

TheCoverUp
1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yeah, psychopaths nor sociopaths don't wear a badge.

I mean you might know one even if you don't know who it is. But I guess these kind of videos are great to familiarize the types.

There are a few stereotypes though.  They tend to own their own businesses (they like being in charge and almost no one but others of the ilk will have them as an employee knowingly. And then generally in high commission positions.  A “do horrible things for my benefit. I don’t want to know” kind of thing) or be in the executive echelon of larger companies.  They tend to be wealthy. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are a few stereotypes though.  They tend to own their own businesses (they like being in charge and almost no one but others of the ilk will have them as an employee knowingly. And then generally in high commission positions.  A “do horrible things for my benefit. I don’t want to know” kind of thing) or be in the executive echelon of larger companies.  They tend to be wealthy. 

Yup, that's what i've read/heard - there thends to be a quite high percentage of sociopaths in the role of CEO in very notable companies.

(Hoping Linus isn't a one) /jk

The obvious *paths tend to be the type that never breaks eye contact and does not blink an eye in any condition. But there are sociopaths who are aware of their "condition" and are pro-society. Actually yeah, there are quite a few types really, I believe.

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Yup, that's what i've read/heard - there thends to be a quite high percentage of sociopaths in the role of CEO in very notable companies.

(Hoping Linus isn't a one)

I don’t think he is personally.  I don’t know him personally though.  He works too closely with too many people.  Also he was an employee.  There are more companies than there are dark triad folks too. So most won’t be even if they are in that position.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t think he is personally.  I don’t know him personally though.  He works too closely with too many people.  Also he was an employee.  There are more companies than there are dark triad folks too. So most won’t be even if they are in that position.

yeah, edited /"just kidding" in there just to be clear. Linus is just too sociable to be *path.

By the way Edmund Kemper also seems to remind me of a sociopath, though in the interviews he's really articulate and likeable.

7 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

yeah, edited /"just kidding" in there just to be clear. Linus is just too sociable to be *path.

By the way Edmund Kemper also seems to remind me of a sociopath, though in the interviews he's really articulate and likeable.

They need to be put beyond interaction with society.  Locked ward mental hospitals are often the equivalent of a life sentence.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

They need to be put beyond interaction with society.  Locked ward mental hospitals are often the equivalent of a life sentence.

Can't legally put all sociopaths/psychopaths away just because of their condition though. Serial killers of course, but not all (*paths) are violent serial killers. Not all psychopaths are "Patrick Bateman" from the movies.

But it's a scary reminder, watching all those videos, that not all people that are likeable are truely a part of a society.

4 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Can't legally put all sociopaths/psychopaths away just because of their condition though. Serial killers of course, but not all (*paths) are violent serial killers. Not all psychopaths are "Patric Bateman" from the movies.

But it's a scary reminder, watching all those videos, that not all people that are likeable are truely a part of a society.

I didn’t say such.  You asked about serial killers.  Or I thought you did.  Having them in positions of power can be extremely dangerous though. 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I didn’t say such.  You asked about serial killers.  Or I thought you did.  Having them in positions of power can be extremely dangerous though. 

I just concluded that it's inevitable that society has a wide spectrum of sociopaths and psychopaths and the only way to protect yourself is to familiarize who they might be.

Also interesting on the topic:

🥷🏻🔪🧅 moment for football fans

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

18 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

🥷🏻🔪🧅 moment for football fans

Wow.  There’s a name.  Sounds like a Shazam villain.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

have to see how the next one goes?

Notice the speed of the waves.  That’s sped up footage so it’s even slower than it looks.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:21 AM, Tan3l6 said:

(Without watching the video but only seeing the headline) most serial killers have some sort of serious mental issue.  Often a dark triad personality disorder.  I would be ok with giving them jail time THEN remanding them to a locked ward mental facility.  Since the amount of jail time they normally accrue will mean they will never get out though it’s usually moot.  Since there is so much legal cost associated with death penalty trials I don’t see any financial advantage there.  It’s not cheaper to kill them so why bother?  Serial killers are usually severely mentally Ill (even if they don’t notice) so there’s little in the way of detterance it would even cause. They’re never going to be not dangerous no matter what is done so keep them out of society via the most cost effective means.  Which is prison or locked ward mental facility.
(after watching the video)

This statement that people are not set to be serial killers I don’t think is true.  Or is in any case irrelevant.  Dark triad mental illnesses mean a person is dangerous and will always be dangerous.  Even if they don’t kill again.  there may be isolated instances where dark triad people get sufficient therapy and take to it in a way that they won’t kill again, they’re still a danger to others.  Just not as direct a danger.  It’s not a perfect way to weed out dark triad people, but everything else is really invasive.

The argument for high fps

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

12 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The argument for high fps

more to the argument of mixed use of fps in a scene.
That some parts looks better, some looks worse if taking on the whole image and do it in every case that might be ruined from it.

3 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

more to the argument of mixed use of fps in a scene.
That some parts looks better, some looks worse if taking on the whole image and do it in every case that might be ruined from it.

Fair.  Hard to do with a game though. Screens are goint to have to go at the speed of the fastest element and slower elements are going to have to be multiples of that

He's a funny man, but his mental health is declining.

I’d post this on news but it’s a video

TV's bigger, a bit more in price, not that much more tech. still 65 mini-led TV with 2300 zones and above 2500 nits? but I guess zones per 5,2cm2 sort of works and if having good processing and that size. do wish some people and sites show better about these specs, as some glosses over those important details.

one good part being that it might be half the price of others in the same range around 1.7k vs 3.2k, 65 inch, 4K, 120hz (maybe), half resolution for VRR, HDR possibilites some worse due to the processing or display. Else it could be really nice for a TV, if only everyone didn't stop the 50 inch tvs with good HDR capabilities.

MLA OLED, heatsink, mini-led, look at 2:14 that tv nonsense of confusion.

sony going for not for more zones but more on the processing, derp
cool multi-view feature ("soon"), game sound features, a newer version QD-OLED for higher brightness, cooling? but how will this impact burn-in? more screen speakers?

there is high latency when playing with dolby vision?