RTX 2080ti vs RTX 3080 size comparison photos.

aurrorax

Summary

Size comparison between RTX 2080ti and RTX 3080 (from Dutch website tweakers.net)

Quotes

The card also takes up two expansion slots and is only slightly longer than the RTX2080ti

My thoughts

Not as big as we thought I guess :)

Sources

https://tweakers.net/geek/171976/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-arriveert-in-tweakers-testlab.html

2003852170.jpeg

2003852176.jpeg

My thoughts

Not as big as we thought I guess :)

I WAS IN THE POOL!

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 minutes ago, aurrorax said:

Not as big as we thought I guess :)

think chungus was the 3090 that was used in previous comparison

it definitely looked much bigger than the 3080, even at the launch event

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Dean0919 said:

I wonder how cool will be this new video card comparing to RTX 2080ti. RTX 2080ti had 2 fans. RTX 3080 has one, but it looks like whole case instead of plastic is a big radiator?

No no.  The 3080 has two fans.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, nick name said:

No no.  The 3080 has two fans.  

it has 3 fans if you include me

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Dean0919 said:

Where's second fan? I don't see it in the photo.

On the back

Look here

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Photography is not always trustable for size comparisons. The difficulty is the combination of depth of field and focal length of lens. Tricks can be played.  Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily right either. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Photography is not always trustable for size comparisons. The difficulty is the combination of depth of field and focal length of lens. Tricks can be played.  Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily right either. 

If you need proof of this . . . check out my onlyfans page.  

Moved to Graphics Cards. The size of the RTX3090 has been well discussed in the other news posts discussing the RTX 30 series. There's no need for a news post about every feature and specification of the card.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

We now have the measurements of the cooler, if we know how big it should be there's no trick to be made.

From the TPU Preview:

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition measures 29 cm in length and 11 cm in height (standard full height). It's also exactly two slots thick. The card weighs 1.35 kg, which isn't much by today's standards.

comparison.jpgHere's the RTX 3080 Founders Edition compared to other reference-design cards from the recent past. As you can see, it isn't noticeably longer than an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT "Navi." It's also of standard height, so the Radeon VII ends up taller. The reference RTX 2080 Ti is a tiny bit shorter.

12 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

We now have the measurements of the cooler, if we know how big it should be there's no trick to be made.

From the TPU Preview:

A terrific example.  Notice how the camera is square on the right most pentagonal house shape the 30xx card but not to the others.  The sides are visible on the top and corner cards, but not on the 30xx. In the 30xx the back of the pcie attachment plate is visible.  Someone with more and more recent experience with different lens focal lengths might be able to pretty accurately estimate what the focal length of that lens is.  I too prefer rulers in these sorts of situations. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.