New Line closes keyboard in text editor

Spotty

Browser, version and OS: Android 10 (Samsung OneUI 2.0), Google Chrome browser 85.0.4183.81. Using Gboard and Samsung keyboard for keyboard.

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

What happened?

When typing and using the return key to start a new line the keyboard closes. 

What did you expect to happen?

To start a new line and the keyboard to remain on screen

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Spoiler

And an example of it working correctly when typing on other websites

Any other relevant details:

This has only started recently in the past few days, and only when typing on this forum. I've tried on other forums and websites as well as testing the keyboard in other apps such as discord and text messages and it functions correctly starting a new line without closing the keyboard leading me to believe it's not an issue with the phone/browser/keyboard.

Happens when viewing the site in the mobile mode and when set to display as desktop site.

Happens with both the Gboard and Samsung  Keyboard.

I've cleared the app cache for Gboard and chrome, as well as restarted the phone.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Happens on my phone as well, with the default keyboard and on the same browser.

Edit: noticed that the keyboard also disappears when you delete an empty new line.

Not seeing this on Firefox. I have ton of other issues with that browser, but those are mostly because its new Firefox.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This appears to be an issue that was introduced in chrome 85, although exactly why it's caused that (and thus if they will fix it) I'm not sure. It's tracked by the editor devs in https://github.com/ckeditor/ckeditor4/issues/4252, but any fixes there probably won't take effect until at least the next forum update because those changes are quite hard to fast track; I think it's also tracked by Google in https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1124149&, although it's not entirely clear to me whether it's the same issue.

I recognise that this could become pretty painful, but unfortunately the editor interaction with browsers is very much outside my realm of control, so there's nothing else I can do to expedite this fix.

HTTP/2 203

Glad is not just me.

For some reason also the top of page button keeps getting in the way on mobile, just me?

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

A fix for this is definitely in chrome 86, and it looks like it's been approved for hotfix into 85 next week, so I think the next time your chrome app updates this should be fixed. 

12 hours ago, jasonc_01 said:

Glad is not just me.

For some reason also the top of page button keeps getting in the way on mobile, just me?

The back to top button should be pretty small and out of the way in the far bottom right corner on mobile, but this sounds like a different issue so can you post a new topic if it's causing issues and I can look into it more there. 

HTTP/2 203