Vsmart, a smartphone brand in Vietnam, announced on Monday their own commercial smartphone with under screen camera display

PotatoDoge

spacer.png

Vsmart, a smartphone maker in Vietnam, posted a post on their Facebook page on Monday the 31st of August announcing that they were producing their own smartphone with its own under screen camera technology, titled Vsmart Aris. The phone is said to also be using a new quantum security system by utilizing the Quantis ORNG Security Chip produced by the Swedish company ID Quantique.

Translated Quotes from the company facebook page

Get ready to welcome the new generation of Vietnamese smartphones specialize in both pioneering technologies:

World first no compromising screen - Camera hidden under the screen, enhancing unlimited experiences

Quantum security - Superb security capability in a connect age

While the exact specs, pricing and release dates are unannounced, earlier this year in a 5G tech conferences in Vietnam, Vsmart showcased another version of this phone called Vsmart Aris 5G which utilized Snapdragon 765, 8gb Ram, 128gb internal memory, 4000 mah battery and a water drop cut out type selfie camera. 

A tech youtube channel in Vietnam titled The Pixel gave out leak information of the phones. Supposedly there will be three version of the phones, Vsmart Aris, Vsmart Aris Pro which has the hidden camera screen and uses the Snapdragon 730 chip, as well as the 5G model above. 

UPDATE: Vsmart just released a post containing photos of the phones in real life and samples taken from the under screen selfies:

Here is the link

Thoughts

I find the news quite interesting to see another phones company out of China manages to get their hand onto the under screen tech, especially after doing some research into the Vsmart company. It has only existed since 2018 and mostly made low to mid end type of smartphones but has competitive specs compare to other Chinese brand in Vietnam. The brand most expensive phone is only about 180 USD but has the Snapdragon 675 chipset. So in theory they could be making the world most affordable 5G and under screen phone

Sources

Vsmart Facebook Announcement on the phone

A Vietnamese Articles on the Aris 5G

ID Quantique claims on the quantum chip

Leak on the specs of Vsmart Aris by the Pixel channel

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Totally not a suspicious first post from an 1hr old account

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the welcome I have been on here but mostly read the news so I don't start an account. Discover this news so I try to post it. Do you know how to embed the video properly from youtube. 

I'd say interesting, but it's not a device I'd ever likely see in person so.... 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Totally not a suspicious first post from an 1hr old account

Welcome to the forum :)

Haha, I must say though, at least he can properly format a post. Not even some of the more seasoned members can manage to do that.

It's title's not even click bait.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'd say interesting, but it's not a device I'd ever likely see in person so.... 🤷‍♂️

Haha, I must say though, at least he can properly format a post. Not even some of the more seasoned members can manage to do that.

It's title's not even click bait.

Clickbait titles are tradition in these forums. It's a must.

So this company is massive in Vietnam. They are a subgroup of VinGroup who owns the largest building in Vietnam, they make VinFast Cars, they were the big sponsor for the F1 here and they have so many other companies in their group. 

That being said there are other websites with mock versions of this phone and they do still have the camera...

There are apparently 3 versions too. 

https://www.thegioididong.com/tin-tuc/tren-tay-vsmart-aris-5g-1268269

I vaguely remember posting something about this a few months ago. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I'm living in Vietnam, once released these phones will literally be everywhere to get your hands on, I can get some photo and first impression if anyone interested in how the under-display front camera looks like

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

52 minutes ago, SeraphicWings said:

I'm living in Vietnam, once released these phones will literally be everywhere to get your hands on, I can get some photo and first impression if anyone interested in how the under-display front camera looks like

Would actually be excited to see those sample photos. Am rather interested as to how they'll perform and the results they'll produce.

21 minutes ago, EJMB said:

Would actually be excited to see those sample photos. Am rather interested as to how they'll perform and the results they'll produce.

Here is an update for you: Vsmart just release a post hours ago on their facebook page containing photos of the phones in real life and selfies taken from the under screen camera

Here is the link

3 hours ago, PotatoDoge said:

Here is an update for you: Vsmart just release a post hours ago on their facebook page containing photos of the phones in real life and selfies taken from the under screen camera

Here is the link

If those results for the front facing camera are true and aren't edited...it looks like we can finally say goodbye to notch/punch-hole era.

Thanks for the update!

A  Chinese brand you might have forgotten , ZTE has released a commercial under display camera on September 1 , 2020

It's called the ZTE Axon 20 5G

here are its official specs

Hope linus can get his hands on this phone

So Vsmart released a promotion videos of the phone with an angle on the screen. It seem the tech look very similar like the ZTE with a tiny square on the screen 

Link

On 9/4/2020 at 1:42 PM, Tan2A said:

A  Chinese brand you might have forgotten , ZTE has released a commercial under display camera on September 1 , 2020

It's called the ZTE Axon 20 5G

here are its official specs

Hope linus can get his hands on this phone

Whether an old account or not, good news is always welcome. Under display camera smartphones are still rare these days and if the brand has brought this at an affordable price, I think it would work in the market around the world.