Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Witcher 3 being chased all over the map by a badass

Re: Witcher 3 pc:

 

My toon is level 10.  I’m too crap a player to beat Jenny o the woods at the level she is rated for.  I’ve tried at 8th 9th, and 10th level.  Died maybe 30 times.  She has a regen I can’t seem to stop with bombs (which I run out of) or signs. It appears to be times and if I can’t do more than 1/3rd of her health befor she activates it she gets more than 2.  I’ve got only 2 bombs that even claim to stop the regen (they don’t seem to) 
 

My next hope is griffin school gear which may have a high enough damage number that I can Do enough damage that she won’t regen completely in seconds.  The issue is while apparently they were available at 7th level this has shifted to 11th level, so I need another level before I can use them. So I’m trying to do the griffin school gear quest. 
 

the problem is there’s this lvl 32 teleporting thing that seems to be chasing me all over the map and two shotting  me from full.  I can’t damage it. I do t know what caused it to start chasing me but the thing is a game ender.  Do I need to restart the entire game from the beginning become I somehow accidentally activated an unfinishable game bug?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to add that this is very weird,all monsters have a maximum aggro range and distance they will chase you to. I have completed that game on PS4 and now playing on PC and have never seen this thing you speak of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am aware they shouldn't chase you around the map constantly, so something is probably bugged. It has been awhile since I have played however.

 

You could cheat your way out of it so you don't have to restart.

 

"The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\general.ini" -> add to the bottom -> DBGConsoleOn=true

Go in-game

press ~ to open the debug menu

Set yourself to invincible -> god

Kill all Enemies engaged in combat around you -> killall

disable god mode -> god

 

Doesn't affect steam achievements.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

As far as I am aware they shouldn't chase you around the map constantly, so something is probably bugged. It has been awhile since I have played however.

 

You could cheat your way out of it so you don't have to restart.

 

"The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\general.ini" -> add to the bottom -> DBGConsoleOn=true

Go in-game

press ~ to open the debug menu

Set yourself to invincible -> god

Kill all Enemies engaged in combat around you -> killall

disable god mode -> god

 

Doesn't affect steam achievements.

 

This would be a way to get rid of the stupid thing so I could keep going.  I can try for a screenshot, but this sounds easier.  
god mode and remove the bastard.

 

Description of critter:

Thing is level 32, name begins with “L” like lamictal or something.  Might be a singular or a type.  Has a standard health bar not a boss health bar.  I don’t know.  Looks like a tree creature, one-and-a half to double man height. teleports, and one or two-hits me by using some sort of spell or something that manifests trees where I’m standing.  Evan under ground.  Has a pretty good range on it.  I’ve got lv 5 max melt on my igni, but I can’t last more than two casts. And testing after 2 casts I still can’t do visible damage to his heath bar.  After the 5th or 6th death I learned to just run the hell away from it. It can’t teleport as fast as I can sprint, so I can out distance it.  It will follow me into different maps though. 
 

thankyou for replying all :) 

gonna try god mode and see if I can finish the thing off.  Might even god-mode Jenny just because I’ve spent a week real time trying to get past the bitch and I’m sick of it.  I devolved to following walk through a bit the walk through a for gent all assume that by level 7 I have a griffin set which clearly can’t happen any more.  The walk through was 2018, so someone clearly nerfed the Witcher gear so bad it broke the game for people who don’t have twitch skills to fight with. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This would be a way to get rid of the stupid thing so I could keep going.  I can try for a screenshot, but this sounds easier.  
god mode and remove the bastard.

 

Description of critter:

Thing is level 32, name begins with “L” like lamictal or something.  Might be a singular or a type.  Has a standard health bar not a boss health bar.  I don’t know.  Looks like a tree creature, one-and-a half to double man height. teleports, and one or two-hits me by using some sort of spell or something that manifests trees where I’m standing.  Evan under ground.  Has a pretty good range on it.  I’ve got lv 5 max melt on my igni, but I can’t last more than two casts. And testing after 2 casts I still can’t do visible damage to his heath bar.  After the 5th or 6th death I learned to just run the hell away from it. It can’t teleport as fast as I can sprint, so I can out distance it.  It will follow me into different maps though. 

Would your creature be called a Lechen by any chance? They do teleport around and they fit that description. They DEFINITELY should not be chasing you around the map. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a while since I did that, so this is from memory. You gotta be quick killing the duplicates. Also use Yrden, the purple sign that makes a circle on the ground, so you can attack her directly.

 

The other thing you describe sounds like a Leshen to me. I'm not sure why it's chasing you around that much.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

Would your creature be called a Lechen by any chance? They do teleport around and they fit that description. They DEFINITELY should not be chasing you around the map. 

That sounds about right. This one for sure is. It walked through some poison gas an lost some health a while ago so it’s health bar has a bit taken off the front so I’m pretty sure it’s the same one.  Thing teleports in and I run or die.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You definitely have some extremely rare bug I believe. Have you tried an auto save before you first encountered that enemy? Otherwise the console command would probably be your best bet. Or you can try and mod your save file,but the console command would be faster and probably less of a hassle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tikker said:

Been a while since I did that, so this is from memory. You gotta be quick killing the duplicates. Also use Yrden, the purple sign that makes a circle on the ground, so you can attack her directly.

 

The other thing you describe sounds like a Leshen to me. I'm not sure why it's chasing you around that much.

I’ve read that yrden is the only way to do it.  Yrden seems far and away the most worthless sign though as it doesn’t seem to actually do anything. Creatures move slightly slower but that’s it. They said yrden was the way to take the grave hag too but it did bupkis. I killed the thing by hitting her with delusion getting a few hits in and rolling away to recharge my delusion and doing it again.  Died over a dozen times but I finally got her.

 

Im getting the impression what happened is some asshat that had has run through the game about 9 times or something got ahold of an ear of a dev to make the game “more immersive” for him and what the fool actually did was make the game so very hard for new players that it’s more or less unplayable. Douchebag destroyed the game.

 

someone needs to read the clichequest web comic I think.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve read that burden is the only way to do it.  Rudeness seems like by far and away the most worthless sign though as it doesn’t seem to actually do anything. Creatures move slightly slower but that’s it. They said burden was the way to take the grave hag too but it did bupkis. I killed the thing by hitting her with delusion getting a few hits in and rolling away to recharge my delusion and doing it again.  Died over a dozen times but I finally got her.

 

Im getting the impression what happened is some asshat that had has run through the game about 9 times or something got ahold of an ear of a dev to make the game “more immersive” for him and what the fool actually did was make the game so very hard for new players that it’s more or less unplayable. Douchebag destroyed the game.

The WItcher 3 was my very first game in the series,and I never had any issues. Its definitely a you thing right now,don't give up and keep going at it. You can do it man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

The WItcher 3 was my very first game in the series,and I never had any issues. Its definitely a you thing right now,don't give up and keep going at it. You can do it man.

It would be except there are very clear and massive tweaks between 2018 and now visible in differences between what was written and how the game works now.   A weapon that is required to kill a creature goes form a level 7 requirement (below 10) to a level 11 requirement (above 10) the walkthroughs are all in agreement on what level certain weapons are and that level isn’t just a little bit lower it’s vastly lower. Makes the walkthroughs near useles as its in many ways a totally different game.  Like it’s got one of those extra hardness “sucks more” mods on it except I can’t remove it.

 

 

I’m starting to really really regret destroying monster nests because I’m going to need constantly spawning monsters to get high enough level to get the gear I need to progress. I already had to start cheating and reading walkthrough guides to even find enough doable quests to get to the level I am at, which is how I found all these weird differences.  Some quests are flat out gone for one.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

You definitely have some extremely rare bug I believe. Have you tried an auto save before you first encountered that enemy? Otherwise the console command would probably be your best bet. Or you can try and mod your save file,but the console command would be faster and probably less of a hassle.

I’ve considered that.  The thing appeared soon after I got to the main map though so I’d basically have to start the game I’ve at level 3 or 4 or whatever I emerged from the white orchard tutorial at. Then spend two weeks real-time replaying stuff.  Just appeared again.  Got the name this time “Leshen”

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It would be except there are very clear and massive tweaks between 2018 and now visible in differences between what was written and how the game works now.   A weapon that is required to kill a creature goes form a level 7 requirement (below 10) to a level 11 requirement (above 10) the walkthroughs are all in agreement on what level certain weapons are and that level isn’t just a little bit lower it’s vastly lower. Makes the walkthroughs near useles as its in many ways a totally different game.  Like it’s got one of those extra hardness “sucks more” mods on it except I can’t remove it.

 

 

I’m starting to really really regret destroying monster nests because I’m going to need constantly spawning monsters to get high enough level to get the gear I need to progress. I already had to start cheating and reading walkthrough guides to even find enough doable quests to get to the level I am at, which is how I found all these weird differences.  Some quests are flat out gone for one.

I'm sorry to be that guy... But that's definitely a you issue...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I'm sorry to be that guy... But that's definitely a you issue...

So the 2018 guides showing 40% changes in difficulty is only me?  These guides are fabrications? It was never this way? 

 

 There definitely is a me issue included.  Perhaps I’m just too old to be able to play video games any more. my hands are too shaky and my eyes are too slow or something. 
 

I mean I understand i suck at anything twitch.  I learned in the tutorial that the thing is in many ways a twitch game as far as the combat goes. There are massive advantages to be gained by being able to do the combat well. Swapping sign types and such during combat, being able to counter attack (which I basically have given up on entirely as the timing required is too precise. It’s a mechanic I will never be able to access with anything but dumb random luck) what irritates me is Apparently when the game came out and became popular actually being required to be able to do those things was not a requirement to be able to finish the game.  To do it well at high difficulty levels certainly.  To finish it at all though I did not expect.   There are games like that.  Dark souls I understand is one example. Also any platformer.  I don’t buy them.    Apparently now it is. If you don’t have the fingers you’re locked out.  This I can accept. I don’t like it, but I can accept it.  Apparently it didn’t used to be though. When the game got played by most of the people that played it and gave it good reviews it was a different game.  At least that’s what I’m seeing from the period writings about the game I am reading.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

So the 2018 guides showing 40% changes in difficulty is only me?  These guides are fabrications? It was never this way? 

 

 There definitely is a me issue included.  Perhaps I’m just too old to be able to play video games any more. my hands are too shaky and my eyes are too slow or something. 
 

I mean I understand i suck at anything twitch.  I learned in the tutorial that the thing is in many ways a twitch game as far as the combat goes. There are massive advantages to be gained by being able to do the combat well. Swapping sign types and such during combat, being able to counter attack (which I basically have given up on entirely as the timing required is too precise. It’s a mechanic I will never be able to access with anything but dumb random luck) what irritates me is Apparently when the game came out and became popular actually being required to be able to do those things was not a requirement to be able to finish the game.  To do it well at high difficulty levels certainly.  To finish it at all though I did not expect.   There are games like that.  Dark souls I understand is one example. Also any platformer.  I don’t buy them.    Apparently now it is. If you don’t have the fingers you’re locked out.  This I can accept. I don’t like it, but I can accept it.  Apparently it didn’t used to be though. When the game got played by most of the people that played it and gave it good reviews it was a different game.  At least that’s what I’m seeing from the period writings about the game I am reading.

I am saying that this difficulty is definitely a you issue,considering I have been playing for so long..I struggle to die..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I am saying that this difficulty is definitely a you issue,considering I have been playing for so long..I struggle to die..

Ah. So the problem is that I haven’t played through the game multiple time already, and the game has been reconfigured for people who have done that.  I think this is what I was implying by my earlier statement.  I wonder if the game would have been considered a good game though if it was as it is now the way it was back then when people new to the game liked it. I know there are two expansions that came with the game.  Perhaps these expansions change the rules enough to make the game unplayable for noobs without twitch skills?  I didn’t have particular trouble with the white orchard area.  When I entered valen though I got notices about hearts of stone and the other one.  I let them load because in other games I played all DLC did was add content.  Apparently they also do game rebalancing or something.  Perhaps I do need to go back to the very beginning and play the game without them.  Very different than fallout 3 or 4. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an aside, what difficulty level are you playing at? (not judging, just curious) I've had my fair sharae of trouble with certain fights. It can be a PITA sometimes. I'm playing on Death March currently as a 3rd playthrough and I'm doing more dodging than hacking :P

 

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve read that yrden is the only way to do it.  Yrden seems far and away the most worthless sign though as it doesn’t seem to actually do anything. Creatures move slightly slower but that’s it. They said yrden was the way to take the grave hag too but it did bupkis. I killed the thing by hitting her with delusion getting a few hits in and rolling away to recharge my delusion and doing it again.  Died over a dozen times but I finally got her.

Yrden is actually quite useful, even more once you get the second form for it. It is vital against noon/nightwraiths such as Jenny o' the Woods though, because it makes them attackable while they are in the circle (same effect as the Moon Dust bombs). So the strategy would be to keep luring her into an Yrden circle and then attack her. Once the doubles appear, get rid of them quickly with sword/bomb/crossbow to stop her siphoning health from you. Finally use some Specter Oil if you have any. If all fails, continue until you've gained some levels perhaps and then try again (don't go 6 or more levels above the quest level or XP rewards are lower I just found out).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tikker said:

Just an aside, what difficulty level are you playing at? (not judging, just curious) I've had my fair sharae of trouble with certain fights. It can be a PITA sometimes. I'm playing on Death March currently as a 3rd playthrough and I'm doing more dodging than hacking :P

 

Yrden is actually quite useful, even more once you get the second form for it. It is vital against noon/nightwraiths such as Jenny o' the Woods though, because it makes them attackable while they are in the circle (same effect as the Moon Dust bombs). So the strategy would be to keep luring her into an Yrden circle and then attack her. Once the doubles appear, get rid of them quickly with sword/bomb/crossbow to stop her siphoning health from you. Finally use some Specter Oil if you have any. If all fails, continue until you've gained some levels perhaps and then try again (don't go 6 or more levels above the quest level or XP rewards are lower I just found out).

I haven’t seen much evidence that attacking in the yrden circle does much more damage than when attacking without one up at all.  The circle is pretty small.  1 maybe 2 fast attacks before they leave it.   I gave up on power attacks entirely along with counter attack.  They both seem to have timing requirements I cannot produce.  I’ve got fast attack, parry/defensive stance, roll out of the way, (But not dodge) and signs. That’s it.  Making anything else work at all is basically mash and hope.  Made the tutorial take a long time.  I could try again I suppose. I’m about half way to 11. That level will give me one more point I could try putting into yrden to see if I can make it effective.  I tried to remove blood and wine and hearts of stone, but it’s looking like the only way I can do it is to restart completely, possibly uninstall the game entirely, and start from the beginning which means I’d have to do white orchard over again. Might even mean I’d have to redownload. 

 

I did make one major leveling mistake thinking I could make melt armor useful.  I put five levels into it but the range remains terrible.  It’s basically a fan attack. To get much out of it you need multiple enemies close to you within a fairly wide arc.  Great way to get killed.   Maybe it will be useful later but not now.

 

i did get delusion and I’ve been mostly hanging on with that. Delusion will make a ghoul or a shield user drop defensive stance.  Did work on the grave hag but it doesn’t work on Jenny. 
so the plan I guess is figure out a way to claw myself to level 11, build the griffin armor and weapons, and use the point from lvl 11 on yrden to see if that will give me enough leverage.  If that fails restart without blood and wine and hearts of stone to remove the difficulty changes. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I haven’t seen much evidence that attacking in the yrden circle does much more damage than when attacking without one up at all.

It does. Note that the wraith should be in the circle, not you. You should also use the silver sword (if not already, just throwing stuff out there). There's no harm in leaving it for later though and continueing first.

Heavy attacks I find hard to land as well, they are slow, so most of my attacks are the fast attack and in general just using all the signs (still Yrden is the most important against wraiths).

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

If that fails restart without blood and wine and hearts of stone to remove the difficulty changes. 

AFAIK B&W/HoS only raised the level cap. The changes regarding minimum level requirements increasing seems to have been a general patch.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360 | CPU: i5 7200U | RAM: 8 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve read that yrden is the only way to do it.  Yrden seems far and away the most worthless sign though as it doesn’t seem to actually do anything. Creatures move slightly slower but that’s it. They said yrden was the way to take the grave hag too but it did bupkis. I killed the thing by hitting her with delusion getting a few hits in and rolling away to recharge my delusion and doing it again.  Died over a dozen times but I finally got her.

 

Im getting the impression what happened is some asshat that had has run through the game about 9 times or something got ahold of an ear of a dev to make the game “more immersive” for him and what the fool actually did was make the game so very hard for new players that it’s more or less unplayable. Douchebag destroyed the game.

I feel like initially Yrden actually trapped the ghosts so you could get some hits in, at least I specifically remember that. So either at some point they updated it and removed that feature intentionally, it bugged and broke, or the number of ghosts I fought for whatever reason just stood on the sign.

I'm very much leaning towards them removing that as it might've been "overpowered" so now it briefly makes them show and slow down while they're directly over the sign, but then they move and you can't hit them. It's frustrating. It was the only real use of Yrden before, so now it does extra nothing and there's not much good to deal with ghosts outside some bomb I can't remember that makes them "physical."

Once they did that I'm pretty sure I replayed the entire game and basically just never used Yrden because it doesn't do shit.

 

Otherwise, Quen is your friend. If you can manage to dodge most attacks, Quen will ALWAYS absorb a hit, no matter the damage value. As long as you can maintain being not-hit long enough to immediately spam Quen for when you are hit, you can defeat any enemy in the game at any level. Your damage output will suck, so it'll take forever, but it's possible. It's also the only way to make the random treasure chests around worthwhile since they're always guarded by a higher level enemy than the items in the chest. I.e. a chest containing lvl 15 gear might by guarded by a lvl 20 enemy.

17 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve considered that.  The thing appeared soon after I got to the main map though so I’d basically have to start the game I’ve at level 3 or 4 or whatever I emerged from the white orchard tutorial at. Then spend two weeks real-time replaying stuff.  Just appeared again.  Got the name this time “Leshen”

I don't even know if I remember a Leshen ever spawning in the main map, much less anywhere near where you'd go normally fresh out of White Orchard. Maybe in a later game mission or something, but I don't recall one ever being wild there.

 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I haven’t seen much evidence that attacking in the yrden circle does much more damage than when attacking without one up at all.

The ghosts are typically "non-corporeal" and can't be damaged without Yrden. Sometimes when they do attacks and stuff you can hit them, but they're usually "invisible."

 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I did make one major leveling mistake thinking I could make melt armor useful.  I put five levels into it but the range remains terrible.  It’s basically a fan attack. To get much out of it you need multiple enemies close to you within a fairly wide arc.  Great way to get killed.   Maybe it will be useful later but not now.

It's great against drowners and nekkers, or occasionally a bit later when you fight groups of humans.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×