Metro: Exodus issues

frozensun

I was playing Metro Exodus and there for second time game froze.

PC didn't froze as I could hit ctrl+alt+del but game did...

The specs you can see in OSD.

So what usually causes this issue?

It happened when new scene in game should load,like this building.

I did setup quite agressive settings in game,so I suppose graphics card can't handle it..lool.

IMG_20200829_213209.jpg

IMG_20200826_184605.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Is rtx on? And at what resolution are you playing at? It may have been just textures loading in a bit slower than its supposed to. Is it saved in an ssd?

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 minute ago, MartinKweh said:

Is rtx on? And at what resolution are you playing at? It may have been just textures loading in a bit slower than its supposed to. Is it saved in an ssd?

2K,SSAA 2x  I think..no rtx I suppose.

Yep ssd.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

I don't have an option to enable rtx..why?

I checked Metro Exodus video game options and I don't see ray tracing game options in menu.

I think I don't have them in Shadow of Tomb Raider too.

I have 2080 Super.

So what is the problem?

I can send you my Nvidia driver version and windows version.

Latest windows and driver?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Latest windows and driver?

what Windows version do I need?

At least 1909 1809.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, xAcid9 said:

At least 1909.

U sure?

Just now, frozensun said:

U sure?

Sorry, 1809. 😆

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Sorry, 1809. 😆

I have that one.

so Windows version is not problem.

33 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I checked Metro Exodus video game options and I don't see ray tracing game options in menu.

I think I don't have them in Shadow of Tomb Raider too.

Are you running the games in DX12 mode?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

*** Threads merged ***

Also moved to PC Gaming and title changed. Please keep this in one thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Are you running the games in DX12 mode?

yes.

Hey friends.

Well I notice I don't have RTX settings in games.

I wonder why?

What is the problem?

I think I installed latest drivers which should support RTX.

So is the problem my Windows version or smth else?

I'm sending settings from Metro Exodus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Screen_Shot_09-01-20_at_05.26_PM.PNG

Screen Shot 09-01-20 at 05.25 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 09-01-20 at 05.24 PM.PNG

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hey friends.

Well I notice I don't have RTX settings in games.

I wonder why?

What is the problem?

I think I installed latest drivers which should support RTX.

So is the problem my Windows version or smth else?

I'm sending settings from Metro Exodus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

-snip-

That is really weird. Maybe try and DDU the drivers and get a fresh install? I've never seen that before. Also update windows if you can.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

That IS really weird. Though doesn't 80 FPS seem Rather low on metro for a 2080 super or is that just me?

3 minutes ago, thebagsman said:

That is really weird. Maybe try and DDU the drivers and get a fresh install? I've never seen that before. Also update windows if you can.

I installed latest drivers at that day.

Just now, St. Nick said:

That IS really weird. Though doesn't 80 FPS seem Rather low on metro for a 2080 super or is that just me?

as you can see I enabled SSAA to 2.2 which is a lot...game renders 2.2 x higher rez.

Is this a legit copy of the PC game? Which platform are you working with (e.g. Steam)

-Threads merged-

@frozensun AS mentioned previously please keep all issues regarding this game and RTX anomalies to this thread, do not create multiple topics. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Maybe the dude has me blocked so perhaps somebody can parrot my question: Is the game legit, and is it up to date? IIRC these games got RTX support after several patches, so if the dude has some outdated illegal copy that can't be patched for obvious reasons, that would explain it, but would also be against community guidelines. Though it hasn't stopped him in the past.

At least in the Exodus screenshot I see the number 1.0.0.7, which to me sounds like a very early version number, which is why I am very suspicious.

@frozensun is the copy of your game legit? or is from a online store e.g Steam, GOG or other?

Please answer this question or the topic shall be locked.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER