Ram Speed of an I7-10700k aswell As AMD/ Intel Comparison

Masl

so im planning on getting a an i7-10700k with an MSI MPG z490 Gaming edge wifi. which Ram speed would be optimal? 
Also all Ryzen 7 max out at 4.7Ghz clocking is the extra money for an I7-10700k running 5Ghz worth it ? [~30€]

If you say x is better i would like to see proof

thanks in advance

Even though Intel cpu's are just one ccx there's still latency. 

3200 cl14/16 or 3600 cl16 kit would do the job. 

If you're purely gaming just get a 10600k which performs just as good in gaming and games don't scale up to 8 cores. 

3 minutes ago, Masl said:

Also all Ryzen 7 max out at 4.7Ghz clocking is the extra money for an I7-10700k running 5Ghz worth it ?

There is more to a cpu like the cache layout, fpu, ipc etc. 

If you're just gaming, Intel is generally faster. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, Masl said:

so im planning on getting a an i7-10700k with an MSI MPG z490 Gaming edge wifi. which Ram speed would be optimal? 
Also all Ryzen 7 max out at 4.7Ghz clocking is the extra money for an I7-10700k running 5Ghz worth it ? [~30€]

thanks in advance

If you tried googling this then you would find out Intel recommends DDR4-2933 but 3200 or 3600 should be viable as well.

And with Ryzen 4000 series around the corner I wouldnt compare a new intel CPU with an old Ryzen CPU.

4 minutes ago, Masl said:

Depends what you're looking to spend. Ideally I'd look for B-die, either 3200MHz CL14 or something like 4400 CL19, though if you're on a tighter budget, bog standard 3600MHz CL16 will also work just fine.

5 minutes ago, Masl said:

I really don't understand what you're asking here. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

If you're purely gaming just get a 10600k which performs just as good in gaming and games don't scale up to 8 cores. 

I went for an 10700k bc i was told itd perform better and itd wouldt get outdated as fast

AMD vs Intel when it comes to CPUs of that caliber usually come down to the program. Some programs favor more multi-threaded performance so AMD tends to pull ahead in that category while Intel usually beasts modes through more single core based programs. When it comes to gaming Intel will come out on top usually, but were talking like max of 4fps (unless its really poorly optimized for AMD CPUs like with Arma 3)

1 minute ago, aaradorn said:

If you tried googling this then you would find out Intel recommends DDR4-2933.

And with Ryzen 4000 series around the corner I wouldnt compare a new intel CPU with an old Ryzen CPU.

i googled it however Linus Video came to the conclusion of 3200mhz aswell as most Redditors at r/intel saying its the best

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Depends what you're looking to spend. Ideally I'd look for B-die, either 3200MHz CL14 or something like 4400 CL19, though if you're on a tighter budget, bog standard 3600MHz CL16 will also work just fine.

I really don't understand what you're asking here. 

If there is a better AMD equivalent

1 minute ago, Masl said:

If there is a better AMD equivalent

It depends on what you're doing with your computer.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

5 minutes ago, Masl said:

and itd wouldt get outdated as fast

What's your workload exactly? 

And budget for the whole build?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

It depends on what you're doing with your computer.

I recognize your Username you might remember my other post with my build help
My main goal is upgrading my current AMD that is very very old and maxes out my motherboard
So now i want a new CPU mobo and Ram config that is enoug current gen like hwat i have here to be upgraded overtime with i.e RTX 2070 super, new SSDs etc

my goal is to not exceed my current 860€ not by to much

Just now, Masl said:

I recognize your Username you might remember my other post with my build help
My main goal is upgrading my current AMD that is very very old and maxes out my motherboard
So now i want a new CPU mobo and Ram config that is enoug current gen like hwat i have here to be upgraded overtime with i.e RTX 2070 super, new SSDs etc

Intel makes sense if you're primarily gaming and/or have some very specific use case like exclusively working with the Adobe suite, otherwise the cheaper 3700X (compared to the 10700K) is still a very solid option.

What information im looking for is my build here optimized for money spend or is there better performance for equal money elsewhere

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Intel makes sense if you're primarily gaming and/or have some very specific use case like exclusively working with the Adobe suite, otherwise the cheaper 3700X (compared to the 10700K) is still a very solid option.

I only Game currently, with some minor (bad) coding

I just wanna be able to game without looking at min req fearing for life at the new Game (i.e Hitman 3, Cyberpunk 2077)
My current Build is mostly carried by my 1070 G1 Gaming.