1080 Ti or 2060 Super, and other questions

Traktor

Hey everyone, first post in this forum. So I was thinking about doing a build for myself, mini itx in particular and noticed that some 1080 Ti’s are quite cheap when compared to 2060 supers. Any suggestions on what to choose would be appreciated, also pre-owned or brand new?

2nd question- I was doing a build for my friend today and I think I shoved the graphics card in a bit too hard, and half of one of the golden tabs on the PCIe connector got removed. There were no obvious graphical problems when booted into windows and when games were played, so just wondering if this could be a future problem. (I don’t have any photos and the tab was on the backplate-side far left of the connector). (MSI 2060 Super Ventus)

3 minutes ago, Traktor said:

Hey everyone, first post in this forum. So I was thinking about doing a build for myself, mini itx in particular and noticed that some 1080 Ti’s are quite cheap when compared to 2060 supers. Any suggestions on what to choose would be appreciated, also pre-owned or brand new?

2nd question- I was doing a build for my friend today and I think I shoved the graphics card in a bit too hard, and half of one of the golden tabs on the PCIe connector got removed. There were no obvious graphical problems when booted into windows and when games were played, so just wondering if this could be a future problem. (I don’t have any photos and the tab was on the backplate-side far left of the connector). (MSI 2060 Super Ventus)

pls dont get the gpus now .... pls just wait till august 30th , the old rtx cards will sale as low as a gtx 1660 ti

1. the 1080ti is a fair bit faster, if you're streaming then probably go with the 2060 super because that has a better encoder. if you're limited to these two, the 1080ti is a fair bit faster but obviously does not come with a warranty if you got one used, if the 1080ti is new and costs less than the 2060 super, then go for the 1080ti. or you could wait for ampere and big navi and check what they have to offer..

2. picture?

Edited by TofuHaroto
Forgot something.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

on the other hand a 1080TI consumes up to 250 Watts and a 2060 Super "only" up to 175 Watts , wich may relate the price by energy costs depending how often you need "all" out of your GPU .... at least, if you need a new power suply to fire up the 1080TI :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice on the cards, on that same day I did a bit of research and found out that all 2060 Supers have that half tab bit. (pic to see what i'm talking about), on the far left, the first gold tab.

GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS 6G OC

I agree with @alirafi321. Just PLEASE not buy now. 

You will be much happier with an RX 6700XT or 3060/3070. Just wait a bit longer and you won't be disappointed! 

Cheers!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed