Did you upgrade a device and miss some features of the old one?

Drama Lama

So

did you ever upgrade a device ( phone, TV, laptop, etc. ) and had the feeling the old one has some features you miss on the new?

for my part: I bought a new TV ( Phillips smart TV has all the smart features your heart desires and Ambilight 4K HDR )

but my old TV from Loewe ( German TV manufacturer they are probably bankrupt now )

had some things that are better in my opinion 

1. the speakers 

2. the proprietary OS was painfully slow when starting the TV but when looking information on TV you‘d see the TV video in the top left corner 

also when in the main menu you would still hear the sound of whatever source you selected 

it also had an easily accessible button for turning it completely of, if I want to do that on the new one I‘d have to plug out the cable.

Edited by Drama Lama
Corrected mistyped word in the title

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Oh boy sure have!!

Sold my HD 3850x2 years ago. Wish I didnt do that.

My newer phone doesnt have the finger print scanner. I really miss that feature a lot.

every time i upgrade...

- i still miss the absolute lack of bloat on my moto G, luckily nokia does a pretty good job these days

- i miss the absolutely STUPENDOUS battery life of my old laptop's extended battery

- when i buy new shoes.. the old ones were always better/more comfortable/...

it is at this point i realise i'm so stuck up with the specifics of my old stuff.. that i rarely buy new things xD

missed my IPS panel on my laptop, god that was good, not running a TN sadly since i sold my laptop and built a desktop..

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

missed my IPS panel on my laptop, god that was good, not running a TN sadly since i sold my laptop and built a desktop..

There are some great 144Hz IPS monitors for <200$ aswell ;)

Don't know how restricted you are though in terms of budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Don't know how restricted you are though in terms of budget.

Nah, just focusing on other things right now. :P

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

I upgraded from a Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 to a Corsair Virtuoso RGB headset.

The sound difference is...I can't explain it properly. The Corsair sounds cheap, airy. It's got almost no bass, and the mids sound like a trebly mess.

In Modern Warfare, it sounds like I'm listening on the old spring metal $3 headphones that came with Walkmans...Walkmen? Walkman's?

...you get what I'm saying, though. I hope.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

I went from a regular mouse to a trackball mouse. Gaming is absolute garbage on it (although I have gotten used to it). Other than that, I am happy with it. 

Went from a generic "gaming" mouse from 2013 to a Logitech M570. 

Bought bluetooth headphones for my phone.

I miss being able to use the FM Radio since it needs wired headphones (I have a cheap 15$ plan with only 250MB of data, that I keep for emergencies only like GPS or need to look up something, thus no data to spare for online radio and I get bored of listening to the same music all the time)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

All the time products because most dont care and still buy from the huge companies that become bigger and bigger (and their investors in turn want more and more profits ) start to essentially become what I like to call "legal scammers" they try to squeeze every bit of profit possible and marginalize product tiers to an artificial level (e.g cacnon not giving a 50 cent joistic which is adding quality of life when using the device to the 60D70D80D no matter if the 50D had one  in order not to "hurt" the marginalization of example given the 7D MK2) 

now you have phones without jacks or phones with jacks without the hardware power etc 

Its "either this or that" kind of game without actual need for that -e.g there is space in the new iphone or galaxy to have a mini jack they just decided not to have one so that they can push their earbuds-  where the consumer loses all the time. 

Especially in technology it used to be that new products more or less doubled the performance and halfened the price...

Now for every small performance increase we have to pay an exponential price increase...

It sucks and I am not sure when and if this buble is going to burst. 

Had an IPS (200$) and i gave it to buy a more expencive VA (290) for 144htz
I miss the quality so much that i will buy a 500$ IPS.
I hate the colors since day 1 :D
Also it's the truth that speakers on TVz are becoming worst. Linus made a video about it recently

I did it with cars, had a car that had leather and sunroof and steering wheel controls. Went to a car without those things and didnt think I would miss them, Year and a half later I ditched that car, was upside on the financial side but didnt care, wanted those features back so I did.

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I have a cheap 15$ plan with only 250MB of data

What? I pay probably half for 2gb

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

What? I pay probably half for 2gb

Welcome to Canada, everything is expensive and our phone plans are super basic.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

yes, that sweet sweet gk61. 

Oh and a new table and a chair. :P

Build Log: 

Although technically not all the time,  before windows 10 it felt like I lost features every time I got a new version.  

Like when you used to be able to share just one folder across your home network by right clicking and selecting share.  Now you have to go through 13 different menus, change background settings, setup multiple accounts with "credentials", adjust for network group names, ensure every PC has the same fucking IP string, wear pink undies on a  Tuesday and blue on Wednesday then go hippy over the weekend.  And if you fail to sacrifice a goat to Bill Gates every other weak it just stops working for no damned reason and you have to start from the beginning.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When I switched from my Mi A1 to my Pixel 2, I missed the headphone jack, hardware nav buttons, and expandable storage. On my current Oneplus 5, I miss the size of the Pixel and the camera (no amount of software tweaking has made it equal in performance, at least in my experience). I also still miss the expandable storage from my Xiaomi.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈