So, how many of you are "refugees" from other tech forums?

Pickles von Brine
3 hours ago, DavidKalinowski said:

My understanding was they could'nt get enough add revenue to keep it going. (The channel as a whole)

Well them selling out to G4 was the down fall of the whole channel. That was one of the saddest moments of my life. I knew when G4 took over it was going to shit. Why? Because G4 was owned by Comcast, and they always find a way to make things worse. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Are some of you "refugees" from other forums?

used to be in xda developers fourm....then my phone died and I havent gone there since.....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

Slashdot -> Digg -> Reddit -> here

Each time I switched because it became too toxic

TWIT netcasts -> Linus Youtube

Switched because Leo Laporte is off the rails political.

Everyone seems to know how to solve the toxicity problem but in the end it shuts them all down.

I have a solution though.

It's pretty easy.

Just make the location mandatory and let me filter out locations. For example, I don't want to see any posts from China or Russia, ever. Or just show me posts from China. You see, just that simple modification to the board will add at least a few years before we all move on to something else again.

7 minutes ago, willies leg said:

Leo Laporte is off the rails political.

Lots of people are flying off the rails. Unfortunately this happens every election year. It’s only worse this year because of every thing going on. Hopefully after November things will calm down, or the asteroid that’s scheduled for November actually hits the Earth, then we won’t have to worry about it any more.  

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Lots of people are flying off the rails. Unfortunately this happens every election year. It’s only worse this year because of every thing going on. Hopefully after November things will calm down, or the asteroid that’s scheduled for November actually hits the Earth, then we won’t have to worry about it any more.  

It's only worse this year because everything tech has been so polarizing. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all "trying to do the right thing" and they're driving away people in droves. Even this discussion is probably driving viewers away.

1 hour ago, willies leg said:

It's only worse this year because everything tech has been so polarizing. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all "trying to do the right thing" and they're driving away people in droves. Even this discussion is probably driving viewers away.

Which is why I’m rooting for the Asteroid. 

am here since 2013 and was my first forum account, used to be on Tech syndicate before logan and wendell/pistol had a fight and shutdown the forum also, but wasn't a regular there. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker