Got a replacement motherboard and still have no signal to my monitor.

TheBeast108

I called ASUS support and went through a few troubleshooting steps with them and nothing worked and they said my motherboard was defective. I sent it back to amazon for a replacement and have built my pc again, only this time to have nothing changed. 

Screen turns on to ‘HDMI NO SIGNAL’ then goes to sleep. No QLED LEDs show after a minute of starting the system. The only one to last longer than the others is the BOOT QLED but then it turns off. I have the Qcode AA, which from what I’ve read means that it transitioned into ACPI mode, which means that it was handed over to the operating system. I don’t know what I can try at this point. 

Just now, TheBeast108 said:

I called ASUS support and went through a few troubleshooting steps with them and nothing worked and they said my motherboard was defective. I sent it back to amazon for a replacement and have built my pc again, only this time to have nothing changed. 

Screen turns on to ‘HDMI NO SIGNAL’ then goes to sleep. No QLED LEDs show after a minute of starting the system. The only one to last longer than the others is the BOOT QLED but then it turns off. I have the Qcode AA, which from what I’ve read means that it transitioned into ACPI mode, which means that it was handed over to the operating system. I don’t know what I can try at this point. 

1. What parts are you using?

2. If you have a dedicated videocard, is your HDMI cable plugged into there? (if you're not sure, just take a picture of the rear of your PC)

3. Are all the cables inside turned on?

4. Have you tried booting the system with as little as possible (i.e. no storage drives plugged in, single stick of memory in slot 2, etc.)?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, minibois said:

1. What parts are you using?

2. If you have a dedicated videocard, is your HDMI cable plugged into there? (if you're not sure, just take a picture of the rear of your PC)

3. Are all the cables inside turned on?

4. Have you tried booting the system with as little as possible (i.e. no storage drives plugged in, single stick of memory in slot 2, etc.)?

Oh yes sorry, forgot to post specs;

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E gaming motherboard

G.skill trident z 16gb 3200Mhz

Ryzen 7 3700X

ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 super advanced 8gb

Samsung 970 evo 1TB

Corsair HX850 platinum power supply

Everything is spinning and on, including the white LEDs where the PCIe cables plug into the graphics card, the graphics card LEDs are ok and the fans are spinning. I haven’t tried running a single stick of memory yet. I’ll try that now.

The HDMI cable works fine as it was working perfectly with my laptop yesterday, and it is plugged in firmly to the gpu and it a tad bit loose on the monitor end, but nothing seriously loose.

2 minutes ago, TheBeast108 said:

Oh yes sorry, forgot to post specs;

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E gaming motherboard

G.skill trident z 16gb 3200Mhz

Ryzen 7 3700X

ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 super advanced 8gb

Samsung 970 evo 1TB

Corsair HX850 platinum power supply

Everything is spinning and on, including the white LEDs where the PCIe cables plug into the graphics card, the graphics card LEDs are ok and the fans are spinning. I haven’t tried running a single stick of memory yet. I’ll try that now.

And is the HDMI cable plugged into your videocard,  not into your motherboard?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

And is the HDMI cable plugged into your videocard,  not into your motherboard?

Yes, it is plugged into my gpu.

In the top right hand corner of the motherboard. There is 4 small LEDs that can light up.

Do any of these light up and stay light when powering on the PC?

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

In the top right hand corner of the motherboard. There is 4 small LEDs that can light up.

Do any of these light up and stay light when powering on the PC?

No, after a minute or less all of them turn off. 

1 hour ago, TheBeast108 said:

No, after a minute or less all of them turn off. 

guess you already said that, just want to confirm.

disconnect anything usb except for keyboard

disconnect any ssd's or hdd's

you should only have motherboard, cpu, ram, gpu, monitor, and keyboard connected. well and power...

Try booting

When booting contentiously tab the delete key.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, narrdarr said:

guess you already said that, just want to confirm.

disconnect anything usb except for keyboard

disconnect any ssd's or hdd's

you should only have motherboard, cpu, ram, gpu, monitor, and keyboard connected. well and power...

Try booting

When booting contentiously tab the delete key.

It wasn’t the motherboard, ended up being the GPU came DOA, I’m using a GT740 as a temp GPU and it booted up into bios fine today