Can I put a HDD with Windows on it as a secondary drive on a laptop?

Hello, so, I'm getting a new laptop today and I want to replace the HDD with that it comes with, with an SSD and put that HDD as a secondary drive before booting up the machine, as this laptop has two storange bays. My questions is, doing this will produce any type of trouble or something because that hdd has windows on it too? if you have any idea I will appreciate if you can tell me, thank you!

Just now, yaboistar said:

as long as the BIOS is told the correct drive to boot up on it will be fine. dual-booting has been a thing for a very long time

What is dual booting

Nope, no issues at all. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

it's fine to have multiple OS in a system, since it'll just pick 1 to run at startup

just make sure you pick the right one, since both are the same OS, so they would have the same name haha

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Not Wills said:

Dual booting most of the time is where you have Linux on 1 disk and win on anothet( or partitioned) but this can be a think with any os.

How is it possible? how can you have two versions of Windows in one

Just now, Moonzy said:

it's fine to have multiple OS in a system, since it'll just pick 1 to run at startup

just make sure you pick the right one, since both are the same OS, so they would have the same name haha

One of them is windows 8.1 and the other windows 7, will it let me choose on which one I want to boot?

Just now, DanWhite said:

One of them is windows 8.1 and the other windows 7, will it let me choose on which one I want to boot?

yes, it will either have a screen for you to pick, or it will boot the first one in the boot order, which can be changed in the bios

Just now, Moonzy said:

yes, it will either have a screen for you to pick, or it will boot the first one in the boot order, which can be changed in the bios

So if it boot up with the wrong one I just can shut the machine down, enter the bios and put the one that I'll like to boot on first?

Just now, DanWhite said:

So if it boot up with the wrong one I just can shut the machine down, enter the bios and put the one that I'll like to boot on first?

yes

Just now, Moonzy said:

yes

Alright, thank you. Last thing (sorry if I sound weird) but, the character on your profile is form an anime of something? I think it looks kinda cute and if it's from an anime I'd like to watch it

2 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Alright, thank you. Last thing (sorry if I sound weird) but, the character on your profile is form an anime of something? I think it looks kinda cute and if it's from an anime I'd like to watch it

i gotchu fam ;) 

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

Ohh yeah, it was in my mind that it maybe be her but I was not sure, since I have watched Noragami some years ago, thank you haha