New headphones below $300

iceballfunela

Hey guys,  I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones since my Razer krakens died and I don't want to use my corsair vengeance 1300 because the volume is soft and the quality is shit. I have a budget of USD$300 to spend on headphones and I'm looking for headphones that are over ear, closed, and have some bass, not too overpowering bass, but some present. Also, I want to use my headphones with my mobile devices so nothing with too high of an impedance.

I think that should be it. If I missed out anything just post below and I'll add in the details.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Audio Technica ATH-M50X. they go for about $160.00 when on sale. If you want the first generation, ATH-M50's, they go for about $100.00 when on sale. They both sound REALLY good. If you want to spend more, get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's, they are REALLY good.

anything around $250 you won't find too many low impedance stuff.

I'd recommend HE-400 because right now they are on sale for $300... but they 

1. won't work with mobile devices because they draw a lot of power

2. require a decent amp (@h264 has ran HE-500's with a e10 so you can ask him about it)

Audio Technica ATH-M50X. they go for about $160.00 when on sale. If you want the first generation, ATH-M50's, they go for about $100.00 when on sale. They both sound REALLY good. If you want to spend more, get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's, they are REALLY good.

probably Custom one pro's

Custom one pros were actually the headphones I'm considering buying. Are they fine for classical music or orchestral music? 

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Chc silverados are amazing, have rediculus build quality, and are around $160. I love mine.

2. require a decent amp (@h264 has ran HE-500's with a e10 so you can ask him about it)

Wow, they are really ugly IMHO... also, I only have a max budget of $300 so I can't add an amp into the budget.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Chc silverados are amazing, have rediculus build quality, and are around $160. I love mine.

Not a fan of the design though...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR1R-Premium-Over-Headphones/dp/B009A6CZ30

These are my favorite Headphones right now, I like how tight the bass is, they are closed and work perfectly with my phone.

Not too sure about getting sony headphones, I had bad experiences with them before...  

ASUS ROG G75VX

Wow, they are really ugly IMHO... also, I only have a max budget of $300 so I can't add an amp into the budget.

who cares if they are ugly? they are one of the cheaper planars out there, if not the cheapest currently,and are extremely good headphones, probably the best for the price atm. Just change out the pads for velour and your should be fine.

That a look to the DT880's. Well under budget, but hot a solid enough sweet spot.

Do they leak a lot of noise, since they are semi-open? Also, does the 250Ohms version need an amp?

ASUS ROG G75VX

M50x's are a VERY bad value, dont bother.

And iceball stop making repeat posts this is number eight.

Do they leak a lot of noise, since they are semi-open? Also, does the 250Ohms version need an amp?

no, but they sound better with an amp.

lol are you recommending this because of MKBHD? Just no, there are better headphones out there, and the M50x's are not good for the insane price they have currently.

lol are you recommending this because of MKBHD? Just no, there are better headphones out there, and the M50x's are not good for the insane price they have currently.

No, I'm not. I used them for about a week.

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

No, I'm not. I used them for about a week.

I own a pair. They are a shit value. Don't think about buying them

HE-400s are specified by the manufacturer for use with portable devices in fact.

HE-500s would work fine with an E10, yes, but it's not going to get REALLY loud for some things.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

HE-400s are specified by the manufacturer for use with portable devices in fact.

HE-500s would work fine with an E10, yes, but it's not going to get REALLY loud for some things.

oh really? didn't know that.. So is it more power efficient than the HE 500?