Choosing PSU: LC POWER vs RAIDMAX (OR other options like low tier psu from THERMALTAKE, CORSAIR, COOLER MASTER and AZZA)

Telgou

Hey, i am building a new PC and will need a 450w-600w PSU.

Yes, i did take a look at the PSU Tier List here. All of these are in the same tiers or so.

Currently out of the ones available to me, these two are candidates: LC6560GP3 V2.3 560W (SILVER) and RAIDMAX COBRA 600W AE -V 80+ GOLD

The LC power one seems to have all high reviews and i checked few professional reviews and it seems fine.

The Raidmax one seems to be the usual psu that gets +4/5 stars user reviews and some 1 star user reviews. (i didn't look into any professionals reviews)

Other options available now: THERMALTAKE 500W RGB--- 80+CORSAIR VS550 80 Plus--- COOLER MASTER 550W semi modular 80 Plus--- AZZA PSAZ-550W--- AZZA PSAZ-650W ARGB--- COOLER MASTER MWE and MasterWatt lite ones--- GAMING RAIDMAX 700W 80+BRONZE VORTEX

If i really have to, i can wait for other PSUs to be available but i don't think they would be much different unless i pay more.

Is the be quiet! System Power 9 in stock for you?

What parts will you be powering, exactly?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I'm a little biased just because of the success rate I've had working with Corsair units so if the Corsair VS550 scored well that'd be my default. I'm more partial to their RMx/AXi lineup but they're are little more expensive.

10 hours ago, Telgou said:

THERMALTAKE 500W RGB

the smart? no.

80+CORSAIR VS550 80 Plus-

group reg meh unit, if possible i would get something else. 

- AZZA PSAZ-550W--- AZZA PSAZ-650W ARGB---

not familiar with them sadly.

GAMING RAIDMAX 700W 80+BRONZE VORTEX

also not familiar with them.

what about a cx? or a system power 9?

budget? and what are you powering? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Cooler master mwe is your best bet, I have a friend with the raidmax cobra in his backup system if you have low end hardware it’s fine

10 hours ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Cooler master mwe is your best bet,

how and you dont know what mwe? the v1 white/ bronze are bad, while the v2 are actually decent. 

If possible something like a s12iii 650w would be good

you dont even know what OP is powering and that unit is subpart.

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

how and you dont know what mwe? the v1 white/ bronze are bad, while the v2 are actually decent. 

you dont even know what OP is powering and that unit is subpart.

Ok yeah v1 is bad, forgot about those units. The s12iii 650w is a good unit and it’s not group regulated like all the op suggested units

The s12iii 650w is a good unit and it’s not group regulated

its a double mag amp afaik, still a subpart unit. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Cooler master mwe is your best bet, I have a friend with the raidmax cobra in his backup system if you have low end hardware it’s fine

i had a raidmax thunder v2 or something for like 7 years and its been fine until recently i heard some clicking noises coming from it so i got a new corsair cx650 just in case

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

its a double mag amp afaik, still a subpart unit. 

Well afaik it has a 5 year warranty so not as much to lose as the others

19 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Is the be quiet! System Power 9 in stock for you?

What parts will you be powering, exactly?

Not in stock, there was a "be quiet! 600w SILVER" (not in stock) but i don't know which one it is. It may be the Pure Power 10(or 9 idk), a bit over my budget but i can manage if i really have to IF they bring more of it.

My build will be: msi b450m-a pro max--- ryzen 3 3300x--- gtx 1650 super that's why i mentioned 450w-600w range

21 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

also not familiar with them.

what about a cx? or a system power 9?

budget? and what are you powering? 

I don't think budget would matter much cause i don't live in US(so prices are not the same) but the limit would be 65$ or even 80$(if i have to) i guess.

For the system power9 and build, see above please.

23 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

If possible something like a s12iii 650w would be good

Not in stock unfortunately, i can wait if hopefully they bring more of it. Though in the psu list it's in the same tiers as the rest of the others.

26 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

There is the v2 version, but i have to check whether any store still has it or not.

even 80$(if i have to) i guess.

depends if you can find it in stock or not, but the ion +, tx550m should be around that.

if you couldn't or they were way more expensive, cx450/550. MWE bronze v2 (not better than the cx but does the job), straight power 9. 

Build Log: 

33 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm a little biased just because of the success rate I've had working with Corsair units so if the Corsair VS550 scored well that'd be my default. I'm more partial to their RMx/AXi lineup but they're are little more expensive.

I don't know about that, in user reviews it doesn't seem like a formidable psu.

22 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Well afaik it has a 5 year warranty so not as much to lose as the others

I don't live in US, warranties are all 1 year in my country unfortunately... Yeah it sucks, i wouldn't be looking for the best option if i had even a 2 or 3 years warranty 

6 minutes ago, Telgou said:

don't know about that, in user reviews it doesn't seem like a formidable psu.

It’s really not 

19 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

depends if you can find it in stock or not, but the ion +, tx550m should be around that.

if you couldn't or they were way more expensive, cx450/550. MWE bronze v2 (not better than the cx but does the job), straight power 9. 

No ion+ here, tx550m is out of budget range here. CX500 not in stock.

I guess i should really wait for the next PSUs our stores will bring.

Can i ask you about the difference between TX and CX series ?

16 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

It’s really not 

What i mean is that it doesn't seem like the best corsair psu, seems like it's in the same tier as the rest.

Can i ask you about the difference between TX and CX series ?

the tx is simply better, the cx is also a decent unit if you are limited to this.

CX500

green label? no dont get a green label cx, get a grey label.

Build Log: 

33 minutes ago, Telgou said:

I don't know about that, in user reviews it doesn't seem like a formidable psu.

As I said. My success has been good. Your mileage may vary and I've never bought from the VS series.

It's worth noting their warranty services. Even when I had a problem with one of their AXi units and I modded the cables with custom sleeves, and over 6 years passed since I originally bought it. They honored the warranty and gave me a brand new unit. I can stand behind companies that do that.

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

the tx is simply better, the cx is also a decent unit if you are limited to this.

green label? no dont get a green label cx, get a grey label.

Alright, thank you.

Also i guess you don't know much about the LC POWER i mentioned ? Also there will be FSP psus in stock hopefully, which ones from them would you recommend ?

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

As I said. My success has been good. Your mileage may vary and I've never bought from the VS series.

Alright, thanks.

Also there will be FSP psus in stock hopefully, which ones from them would you recommend ?

sadly, im not very familiar with fsp, but you can check the psu tier list. 

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, Telgou said:

I don't live in US, warranties are all 1 year in my country unfortunately... Yeah it sucks, i wouldn't be looking for the best option if i had even a 2 or 3 years warranty 

No. 

Your warranty is through the manufacturer.  A 5 year warranty is a 5 year warranty even in Siberia.

The one year that you're seeing is how long the SELLER will warranty the part for.

38 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No. 

Your warranty is through the manufacturer.  A 5 year warranty is a 5 year warranty even in Siberia.

The one year that you're seeing is how long the SELLER will warranty the part for.

That's what i thought before, but i don't know how it really happens... Do i have to register my part in the manufacturer's site for example ? (for all parts?)

1 hour ago, Telgou said:

That's what i thought before, but i don't know how it really happens... Do i have to register my part in the manufacturer's site for example ? (for all parts?)

No.  Just keep your receipts.

18 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Hey, what about cx450m ? it's in the budget range here.