Best kb for typing

Just out of interest, what do you think is the best QWERTY keyboard for typing?

8 minutes ago, ilikerubikscubes said:

Just out of interest, what do you think is the best QWERTY keyboard for typing?

I mean it would really depend on your preference to what feels best for you, I would recommend going to a computer store and trying out different types of mechanical keyboards with different types of switches in to see which suits you best.

I use the K70 MK.2 and it uses cherry red switches and these feel nice for me but it could feel different for you.

Too personal to answer. Different people like different things. I love my NightFox with hako true switches, but some people might hate to type on it.

Edited by nox_

That is an entirely subjective question and you'll have to find what you like. If stores in your area are open, go to your local electronics store and try typing around on various mechanical keyboards. Generally, mechanical keyboards have better key feel because they have individual springs and actuation mechanisms (opposed to a membrane mat) which allows a more stable key, less mushy feel, and allows you to have each key take on special aspects. If you're doing a lot of typing (like I do) you may like a tactile or clicky switch for some feedback in each stroke. If you really want to get into all the different switches that are out there to chose the right one for you, I recommend buying a switch test from the likes of Novelkeys and playing around to find one you like. A bag of switches usually costs about $30-40 USD, then you can get a keyboard with hot swap sockets like the GMMK and pop in your own switches to customize to your liking. Again, this is an entirely subjective choice, you'll have to do some soul searching to find what's best for you. Were you specifically looking for a mechanical keyboard or do you want something that feels better for typing?

ASU

As others have said, its entirely subjective.

Cherry MX Blues or Browns both feel very good to type on. I have used both and settled on browns personally.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

This is like asking "best car for driving?"

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

I thought I liked tactile to type on ... but in the end I think I prefer linear ... but the one I got have a bit too long travel distance and I might need to look for a linear speed switch to type on.  I had to test them to find out ... and also I found that the keycaps profile matter a lot to me, I prefer dsa over oem. 

Like the other said it's totally subjective ... Some will tell you that the model M is the ultimate typing keyboard, some like topre ... my sister prefer a really low profile membrane keyboard to type on, but game with mechanical board with outemu blue ...  

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD