ideas that I can "girl-ify" a caselabs S3

pzt

Just got my Gf a Case-labs Mercury S3 like mine but white, and trying to come up with some ways to to make it girly for her.

Im pretty sure to my knowledge there are zero things with pink led's in them (like fans) so I was thinking purple would be the next best bet.

lol idk what im doing any tips!? I mean mine is like murdered out but that's guy-ish.

It's hard to say, it would depend on her tastes. I know plenty of girls that would rather have a case with a bloody handprint design over something pink and "girly"

EDIT: For purple LED fans, you could get Corsair's purple LED fans. 

do they sell pink LED strips anywhere? Ive looked to no avail. and we're just gonna keep it white!

Flower vinyls.

Use white LEDs with a transparent pink shroud over it.

I don't know your GF but i know mine wouldn't like a girlified case. :D

Edit: maybe some pink-ish flower vinyls on the outside in a corner or so. + pink lighting with said method and blood-red transparent fan blades to make some contrast. not too much pink....

who cares...

haha yea true i guess this was kinda pointless for me to ask then! I'm trying to surprise her so i was just making sure to cover all my bases first

It's hard to say, it would depend on her tastes. I know plenty of girls that would rather have a case with a bloody handprint design over something pink and "girly"

EDIT: For purple LED fans, you could get Corsair's purple LED fans. 

Yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking, do you know how they fair?

hahah alright alright, i get it stupid question :P

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking, do you know how they fair?

They're okay, not brilliant. You can get these types of LEDs on amazon and eBay http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-LED-Bright-Purple-Modding/dp/B00C2Q5FMS/ref=sr_1_2?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1393794087&sr=1-2&keywords=purple+led+strip

Just an idea, you could get her name or something engraved/etched into the side panel. Might make it a bit more personalised. 

Ummm nothing! Why do we assume because its for a girl that it needs pink colours? Is pink her favourite colour, does she have lots of other pink things?

I would say leave the case white

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Haha, it amuses me how many people here hear girl and think pink and flowers.

I guess it just goes to show the age of the forum.

Most girls aren't like that.

If you got the side windows, then I'd go with LED's. Just make it look sweet, and she'll appreciate it.
She'll probably appreciate it even more if you design it after something you'd like. Shows you put a lot of thought and care into it.

BTW, jealous. I wish I could go m-ITX.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Yeah, she doesn't necessarily like pink she is just like the "oooohhh shiny" kinda person. Im thinking im gonna drop in my two purple phobya LED strips with some of those purple corsair fans!

Yeah, she doesn't necessarily like pink she is just like the "oooohhh shiny" kinda person. Im thinking im gonna drop in my two purple phobya LED strips with some of those purple corsair fans!

What about an all white build with X color sleeving.

it'd make that one color stand out and would be an easy way to add the right kind of style for your GF.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If you find a pink case too flashy then you could leave it the white colour, it isn't the most "girly" colour but it sure is more feminine than black. Then maybe get some subtle pink LED's inside and if you are feeling adventurous you could add some pink areas on the outside too to add some contrast. Hope my ideas helped! :)

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

Get her a custom loop, the ladies love custom loops :P

On a more serious note without knowing her tastes it is near impossible to give you idea's.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)