First time builder wanting a bang for his buck.

MikeyyMC

Hey everyone! 

I really need help with building my computer. I want to be able to livestream full time, record, as well as play some PC games here and there. I know i want to make it water cooled so I don't have any over heating for it. I really want to start building and making videos so i really want the best computer i can make with the lowest price possible!

The parts i have so far, Without the case have added up to $1029 USD. Thats just on Amazon, but I'm convinced you guys can help me find the best parts possible for a lower price. I'm only a part time worker and a full time student,so this will be a more summer time goal. 

My wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1WPSEN35A4NYY/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o?

I hope you guys can help lower the price a little as well as help me find a good case and good parts!

Thanks guys!  :)

MikeyyMC

This is not a build log. Please post in the relevant section next time.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

You don't need an h100i and custom loop material. I don't even know if there is a water block for your selected gpu. Also you probably don't need the after market thermal paste

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

For a first time builder, I wouldn't recommend watercooling. Also, I would get two 4 gig sticks of RAM instead of one 8 gig stick for slightly better performance.

Ok,For cases what do you want to do with it? What features do you want? Anything you've had your eye on?

Also I see you have a H100i and a Reservoir and pump,You really don't need the res and pump for this build.save the custom watercooling for later when you have money for a better GPU and then WC the CPU and GPU.

Don't watercool for 1K. And you don't have any blocks in there and an H100i. I smell troll?

omg 999 posts!

Haha, time to DIE SOFT!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

This is not a build log. Please post in the relevant section next time.

Take it EAZY WITH HIM , HE IS NEW, HE MAY BE SCARED!

Hey everyone! 

I really need help with building my computer. I want to be able to livestream full time, record, as well as play some PC games here and there. I know i want to make it water cooled so I don't have any over heating for it. I really want to start building and making videos so i really want the best computer i can make with the lowest price possible!

The parts i have so far, Without the case have added up to $1029 USD. Thats just on Amazon, but I'm convinced you guys can help me find the best parts possible for a lower price. I'm only a part time worker and a full time student,so this will be a more summer time goal. 

My wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1WPSEN35A4NYY/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o?

I hope you guys can help lower the price a little as well as help me find a good case and good parts!

Thanks guys!  :)

MikeyyMC

WELCOME TO LLT FORUMS!, WE DONT BITE WE EAT YOU:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

also get a 2gb 7850, 1gb will bottleneck 

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

I'll build something with more recommended specs (IMO)

Since you were looking at around a grand before, here's my new set up.

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($171.93 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.16 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Microcenter) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1038.07
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-02 14:52 EST-0500)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Ok,For cases what do you want to do with it? What features do you want? Anything you've had your eye on?

Also I see you have a H100i and a Reservoir and pump,You really don't need the res and pump for this build.save the custom watercooling for later when you have money for a better GPU and then WC the CPU and GPU.

So dont go for water cooling until i want to upgrade? and i was looking at a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full tower case but I'm not sure if i should get that case or something else.

I'll build something with more recommended specs (IMO)

Since you were looking at around a grand before, here's my new set up.

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($171.93 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($97.16 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Microcenter) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1038.07
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-02 14:52 EST-0500)

I'll definitely look into this! thank you so much!

I'll definitely look into this! thank you so much!

I'll explain differences for you too! :D

CPU: the 8320 vs 8350 are nearly the exact same, and 30-50 bucks cheaper.

Motherboard: Cheap, and well known and reviewed board.

Memory: Faster, and not super pricey

Storage: SSD, HDD... Will work great :D

Video Card: 770 is an AWESOME card, this one is by EVGA whom I love, and they also have great coolers and customer support.

Case: Well regarded, and loved case on this forum.

PSU: Modular, 80+ Bronze, and plenty of Watts.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

So dont go for water cooling until i want to upgrade? and i was looking at a Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full tower case but I'm not sure if i should get that case or something else.

Well right now,with those parts, its not worth custom watercooling because its so expensive. I'd get a h100i though. And remember,anytime you're looking for a case,don't let someone tell you what you like,cause its all personal preference,now they can tell you what case has good features and stuff but if you don't like it don't get it.

Well right now,with those parts, its not worth custom watercooling because its so expensive. I'd get a h100i though. And remember,anytime you're looking for a case,don't let someone tell you what you like,cause its all personal preference,now they can tell you what case has good features and stuff but if you don't like it don't get it.

Agreed! Cases are a VERY personal matter, and we will give suggestions, but that one is more on you than anything. Just make sure your components will fit, and you should be golden.

I'll explain differences for you too! :D

CPU: the 8320 vs 8350 are nearly the exact same, and 30-50 bucks cheaper.

Motherboard: Cheap, and well known and reviewed board.

Memory: Faster, and not super pricey

Storage: SSD, HDD... Will work great :D

Video Card: 770 is an AWESOME card, this one is by EVGA whom I love, and they also have great coolers and customer support.

Case: Well regarded, and loved case on this forum.

PSU: Modular, 80+ Bronze, and plenty of Watts.

I saw the video card price and i was like WOAH. but ill take your word!

Also do you live near a microcenter? if you do then maybe pick up a 4670k CPU. Its on sale there for 180$ and its usually 240$

There is a microcenter a couple miles away, so I'll probably get some help from them as well!

There is a microcenter a couple miles away, so I'll probably get some help from them as well!

Sweet cause thats a steal on that processor. I'm looking into getting one myself. May I ask what games you play? And will you use your PC for anything like video editing? The AMD CPU's are becoming a bit more relevant because more cores,and games are starting to take advantage of more threads, but the Intel still steels the High end market. So I would look into the 4670k.

Sweet cause thats a steal on that processor. I'm looking into getting one myself. May I ask what games you play? And will you use your PC for anything like video editing? The AMD CPU's are becoming a bit more relevant because more cores,and games are starting to take advantage of more threads, but the Intel still steels the High end market. So I would look into the 4670k.

I will be editing a lot! I want to start playing counter strike GO, as well as garrys mod, and ESO. I play mostly console, but like i said i want to start streaming full time.

I will be editing a lot! I want to start playing counter strike GO, as well as garrys mod, and ESO. I play mostly console, but like i said i want to start streaming full time.

Then you should really look into the intel! They have more powerful cores and do editing and stuff real well. The AMD's are good price to performance CPU's but at the intel's price right now their price to performance is better.Also for ESO i can just about get 60 FPS when recording so you may want that GTX 770.

I wouldn't recommend liquid cooling for a first timer.  That being said, I made a build that is a lot stronger for only about $40 bucks mor

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/32UyG the WD Black really diminishes the need for an SSD I have one and I boot up in 7 seconds and my game load times are nearly non-existent  :D

The H440 has a ton of room if, in the future, you want to liquid cool.

The combo discount with this CPU and Motherboard is crazy $77 off.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I wouldn't necessarily get help from them, but get parts from there instead. (If it's anything like TigerDirect's help)

I wouldn't necessarily get help from them, but get parts from there instead. (If it's anything like TigerDirect's help)

Yeah i have a tiger direct warehouse about 10 mins away from my house, they have great parts and great deals, however the help isnt the best.