Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

I got a PS3 mostly for the blu-ray at first. It was also coming out at the same time I got my first check from my new job back then so I wanted to buy something special with it lol.

Now I think I did a good choice, I like to play game on it once in a while.

The Halo series is sadly exclusive to Xbox (besides halo 2 vista) but there are rumours that Halo 3 might be re-released for PC sometime around e3 I will keep my hopes up! 

None of the above? Exclusive games, cheap gaming and a very long lifespan

Edit: This one is an important one: lazy gaming! Imagine the laziest position on a couch ever, with two hands and a controller resting in the lap. You can't do that on a PC

Yes you can, connect a pc on your tv, plug in a controller and start Steam Big Picture. There you go.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

PS3, bought it basicly for GTA4 and GT5, might get the PS4 depending on what platforms GTA5 and GT6 releases on. :)

dude just play them on pc its a better experience just get a ps4 shaped gamepad and plug it into your pc 

Rig: i5 3570k clocked at 4.4ghz stable/gainward stock gtx 670/ 256gb ocz vertex 3/ 2tb wd green/ zalman z11/ samsung 24x blueray reader/ benq 2411t 120hz gaming monitor

I personally like playing on consoles better.. At least certain games.. On the PC someone always bugs me, but when I'm on my Xbox 360 in front of my big screen I get completely immersed in any possible game.  

+ the exclusives.

dude one word... mute

Rig: i5 3570k clocked at 4.4ghz stable/gainward stock gtx 670/ 256gb ocz vertex 3/ 2tb wd green/ zalman z11/ samsung 24x blueray reader/ benq 2411t 120hz gaming monitor

i bought xbox because of red dead redemption and stayed on it for forza series

yeah red dead was a great game it was such a shame it wasnt ported:(

I don't and I've never found a compelling reason to do.

dude just play them on pc its a better experience just get a ps4 shaped gamepad and plug it into your pc 

Yea, but I quite like playing 3rd person games on Playstation, and if GTA5 end's up being a just as bad port as GTA4 was, then there's no chance.

That said, it's said that Gran Turismo 6 will only be for the PS3, and GTA5 will also be for the PS3. So it might be enough just to keep that :)

I don't you know why.. lolz  :D

Edit: on a serious note then it is because I suck playing with a controller.. But I may buy a PS4 or the next Xbox.. Alot of my friends plays on console..

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Becouse of console exclusive games' some singel player games or rpg games. Also Its Nice from time to time to just sit there on thé sofa or something half dead and Only use your finger muscles instead of thé arms.

None of the above? Exclusive games, cheap gaming and a very long lifespan

Edit: This one is an important one: lazy gaming! Imagine the laziest position on a couch ever, with two hands and a controller resting in the lap. You can't do that on a PC

Pretty much this.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I own a PS3

Netflix

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K @4.5GHz          RAM: 2x4GB Crucial BallistiX Sport                   Drive: WD 500GB Black

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41                       Graphics Card: XFX HD Radeon 7950             PSU: XFX ProSeries 550w

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R                      CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212             Monitor: Packard Bell 24''

Because I was a console person from a kid up until a couple of years ago. Started out with N64 and just kept with the consoles out of habit I guess. They're still fun to play despite their sub par performance, doubt buy one of the upcoming ones though.

I own a PS3 and Vita because of legacy. The collection of games that i own spans back to PS1 so I want to continue that collection. But the backwards compatibilities issues...... Also most of my favorite companies publish their JRPG games on PlayStation consoles, not PC so that's another reason i have a console.

I have a ps3 to play with family and friends. But my main reason for buying it is to play final fantasy XIII and other games exclusive to that console.

I own a Ps1, Ps2, PsP, PsP-GO, SonyEricsson Playstation Phone and two Ps3's.

Kinda need something to play my Gran Turismo games on. :lol:

And a Wii

For the Forza Motorsport series. Everything other game that I get is on PC.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

I chose Other. My reasons for owning the consoles I do own is because I love gaming. I have friends I chat with on my X360 and some of them also own the PS3. I picked up the Wii U and I'm pleased with my purchase and it's the only way to play Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong and all the rest of the Nintendo library. I still play on my Gamecube since it's the only Phantasy Star Online fix I can get... and yes I do know about PSO 2 Online. Gaming is what I have enjoyed doing since I was a child and my wife wouldn't change that for the world... and neither would I. So I guess that's my reasoning for owning consoles. 

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

You're all liers! We don't have friends!

Nah just kidding but honestly, I only own a GBA and a PSP + PS1/2 just to play with friends or those retro games.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I used my xbox becuase it was cheap, then i started saving my money and sold my xbox and got a gtx 660 :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I hate consoles and came here to troll. CONSOLOLOLOLOLOL. The only reason I would get a console is because of a sports game and sports games these days are so generic, that they don't appeal to me and therefore I don't find the need to own a console. Not even for exclusive games. I would never betray the PC master race.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I hate consoles and came here to troll. CONSOLOLOLOLOLOL. The only reason I would get a console is because of a sports game and sports games these days are so generic, that they don't appeal to me and therefore I don't find the need to own a console. Not even for exclusive games. I would never betray the PC master race.

the xbox 360 had 10mb vram :| be glad your eyes haven't been exposed to the hellish shit the console tried to portray to your tv

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Exclusives. Rarely to play with friends anymore

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)