why is there no VR tab

Lunar knight
16 minutes ago, Lunar knight said:

I've been wondering why there is no VR topics or tabs.

VR is just a branch of gaming...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 hour ago, Eighjan said:

VR is just a branch of gaming...

Not quite, but close. Most of the threads get moved into Peripherals. When it was hot topic overall, there was some discussion whether those would belong under displays or peripherals.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/13/2020 at 7:11 PM, colonel_mortis said:

VR topics can be posted in PC Gaming or Peripherals as appropriate, but as @LogicalDrm alluded to there's just not enough content about it to justify having a dedicated section.

But one could argue this is because there is no VR section. Maybe with a visible dedicated discussion, individuals would be more inclined to participate in further discourse on VR, its tech and experiences.**IMO**

25 minutes ago, duckypath said:

But one could argue this is because there is no VR section. Maybe with a visible dedicated discussion, individuals would be more inclined to participate in further discourse on VR, its tech and experiences.**IMO**

If i'm not mistaken, this has been suggested before, and the discussion went down this exact same path.
It was deemed that it spirals in on itself; Limited engagement breeds limited engagement and it ultimately caves in on itself resulting in a dead subforum. If I can find the previous discussion, I'll link it.

Previous Discussion:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1130832-can-we-have-a-major-vr-section-alongside-monitors-processors-etc-perhaps/

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 hours ago, duckypath said:

You can argue that, sure. But looking at the removed subforums and created ones, your argument lacks factual basis. Removed subforums (that I can remember) are SFF and Star Citizen. One that should be removed is E-Sports. Created subforums: separation between laptops and phones, separation between Windows and other OS' with added place for crossovers, hobby electronics.

For subforums that now don't have very large daily or weekly post-rate, Home Theater Equipment might have room for VR. I could argue that to be perfect place as VR is most often played where there's room for it. As in living room.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv